Getting forced into Romance: Sorta spoiler

Cartumandua

RE: Sith Warrior Act 3:

You can tell Quinn you're breaking up. He will still trigger future romance conversations. He tries to kill you, you say "Of course you can rejoin the crew but stay the hell out of my quarters," you both return to the ship and he'll turn around and profess his love (or whatever was due next on the romance conversation progression). When you finish the conversation line, even if you turn him down at the love and the sex and the marriage conversations, he will send you the "we're married" romance letters.

Ok, that sounds like some serious bugs... I mean right there the options to end the romance are there from what you say, yet he continues it on his end? Psycho stalker much?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pure eternally celibate Knight managed to shake his sinful wench of an apprentice off fine enough. Rest of the game just assumes I didn't. Towards end of lord Scourge's storyline, he talks about my coming offspring. Dialogue wheel player gets is something along the lines of

/ I have humped many a lady

- I sure love humping them ladies

\ I cant wait to start humping them ladies

WHAT LADIES IM IN CELIBACY AAARGHH

That conversatoin with Lord Scourge is just him saying if you ever have kids, he'll train them as Sith... he doesn't know that you never will have kids... He's making an offer to trai nyour kids, IF you have them.

That conversation is about the fact that you are a jedi, and here is a Sith offering to teach your children to be Sith... are you ok with that (Dark side) or are you like "**** NO WAI IF I AHVE KIDS THEY'LL BE JEDI !!!" if you never have kids, it's a moot point. sure, but the answers are just what you think of him as your ally despite him being Sith. At least, that's the way it was with my female knight. I didn't get the idea that my character was a total whore from my responses. Unless they really fubared the male options, I think you are reading too much into it.

Ok, that sounds like some serious bugs... I mean right there the options to end the romance are there from what you say, yet he continues it on his end? Psycho stalker much?

Is it "We're married" or friendly letters? As Torian sends my BH letters that aren't "We're married" but show he still cares after my BH said no to marriage and just be friends.

The most annoying approach by an NPC I've seen so far was towards a female Jedi Knight by Doc and I am bloody sure that there was a single one flirt line I ever clicked. And even though I don't picture my jedi knight as gay, nor as interested in aliens (non-Chiss from her perspective), I would have loved the option to snog Kira at this instance just to annoy Doc. Kissing folks who are (like) your brother - or your sister - just to annoy another is not unheard of in Star Wars after all. So I swallowed my pride, told myself "think of the influence rating - game stats matter" and said "Oh, as I a Jedi Knight my oaths forbid to give into such emotions", translating into my characters actual intention: "Not of the persistance of the universe depended on it!" Edited by Rabenschwinge

Technically - attachment is forbidden. Lots of sexual intercourse with changing partners is - well, discouraged, might be considered unworthy, especially if you fail to at least maintain some discretion about it. But not strictly forbidden. You can technically screw around as much as you like without breaking the rules, if you forget her as soon as you leave. Edited by Rabenschwinge

Quinn romance:

With Quinn it is explicitly marriage, also breeding. "Let's just gloss over where I tried to kill you and you've been rejecting me ever since, I'll send you wife-letters anyway!"

• 2 years later...

My Jedi Knight on Red Eclipse easily avoided the romance with Doc, by just not flirting with him. She got the conversation where Kira mind tricks him, and no marriage proposals.

My Twi'lek sorcerer also avoided the romance with Andronikos, even though I think she took one flirt option.

As for Quinn, whom none of my Warriors romanced(I got spoiled for the you know what):

When my Marauder finished his conversations, I distinctly remember there being a dialogue option regarding the two of them having kids. It made me a little uncomfortable. It was probably the same for my Juggernaut.

Ack, got caught by this on Nadia Grell with my Sage. Totally BOGUS. I was just trying to maintain master/padawan relationship and NEVER flirted ever. Poorly implemented :-(. I saw no chance to ever just tell her to back off.

I had that happen too. I think a lot of the dialogue choices function as a "flirt" even when they aren't labeled as such.

Uh, I' pretty sure you can't kiss another NPC unless you press the [Kiss] option

you can with Nadia Grell. if you've already walked into her trap there's one conversation where no matter what you choose you end up kissing her, even when you try be a jerk :(

Edited by rantboi

• 5 years later...

Same thing happens with Sith Warrior and Vette. I said no when the option first comes on. We never kissed. Everything fine. Then at the end it's let's get married. I wanted to say no, but I caved. Fortunately it won't matter unless and until I play Eternal Throne with this character. My previous warrior wanted the marriage and stayed true. This one will end it. I'll cringe at her response what ever it is, but I already had to deal with the break up of the new love when I reunited with Vette, and I'm not going through that again.

The worst offense is Smuggler and Akaavi. Even after declining the first flirt option you get one later where your choices are (flirt) it's love (flirt) it's casual and No. If you choose No you're a bigot who doesn't want to be with a woman with horns. Learned that the hard way with my first Smuggler. Uncalled for. That was NOT why I said no. That Smuggler was being loyal to Risha. My second Smuggler doesn't like Risha, but I didn't want to be a bigot again so I went with (flirt) Casual and got bed time. Later I was able to finally convince Akaavi we were just friends, though she was disappointed.

I'm glad they have the romances in general, but they need to learn No means No. :p

I managed to avoid it on my Sith Warrior. Maybe because he;s darkside and I had light side Jaesa, and also it made sense for him to not always be nice. He didn;t remove Vette's collar until after balmora.

However I got stuck in my Bounty Hunter being married to Mako despite choosing not to marry. Granted in that case I had choosen flirt only twice but only because the only other options was kinda jerk move for him to pull on a friend, or the dialogue seemed more inline with what he would allow as a friend.

But my Jedi Consular is what really gets me, I picked no flirting options at all. Unless they were unmarked and not obvious. But I am now stuck with the storyline assuming they are in a relationship and no way to back out or say he;s not into her that way. I was really hoping I could see more of the dialogue with her as his padawan. But I am uncomfortable progressing with them in a relationship. But I have no way to back out :( Thing is I am unlikely to reroll Jedi Consular as well since not really my kind of fighting style. I just wanted to check out each class story. So I am pretty much going be stuck with this. Either having to bear through an unwanted relationship with her, or ignoring her wanting to talk to him until kotfe removes any ability for them to talk, and missing any extra non-relationship dialogue I could of seen.'

It's really disappointing and frustrating. Also kinda pisses me off that whoever wrote this crap apparently thinks you can't want to be friendly terms with someone of opposite sex without wanting in their bloody pants.

I managed to avoid it on my Sith Warrior. Maybe because he;s darkside and I had light side Jaesa, and also it made sense for him to not always be nice. He didn;t remove Vette's collar until after balmora.

However I got stuck in my Bounty Hunter being married to Mako despite choosing not to marry. Granted in that case I had choosen flirt only twice but only because the only other options was kinda jerk move for him to pull on a friend, or the dialogue seemed more inline with what he would allow as a friend.

But my Jedi Consular is what really gets me, I picked no flirting options at all. Unless they were unmarked and not obvious. But I am now stuck with the storyline assuming they are in a relationship and no way to back out or say he;s not into her that way. I was really hoping I could see more of the dialogue with her as his padawan. But I am uncomfortable progressing with them in a relationship. But I have no way to back out :( Thing is I am unlikely to reroll Jedi Consular as well since not really my kind of fighting style. I just wanted to check out each class story. So I am pretty much going be stuck with this. Either having to bear through an unwanted relationship with her, or ignoring her wanting to talk to him until kotfe removes any ability for them to talk, and missing any extra non-relationship dialogue I could of seen.'

It's really disappointing and frustrating. Also kinda pisses me off that whoever wrote this crap apparently thinks you can't want to be friendly terms with someone of opposite sex without wanting in their bloody pants.

Each class has two subclasses. You can play Jedi Consular again and choose the other subclass. They have different combat strategies.

Each class has two subclasses. You can play Jedi Consular again and choose the other subclass. They have different combat strategies.

I already picked the subclass closest to my preferred fighting style. But yeh really don;t want to roll a consular again. Least not any time soon. Especially as far along in storyline I already am. Kinda be stupid to be left to that just for one issue with a companion, even though I wish I didn't feel stuck with that line of dialogue with her. I'm having trouble motivating myself to push through it. Guess I either will manage or ignore it until kotfe removes the option. In that case I may have to just look up some you tube videos of someone's playthrough where they don't get stuck with that line of dialogue. Won;t be the same but satisfy some curiosity.

I still have the imperial counterpart on the list to play some point as well.

Still doesn't change the fact they really need to fix that, or at the very least make it clear that line of non-flirting dialogue will lead to that. Although be preferable to have the option to back out even after that.

Edited by OdanBaruq