Broken Physics In Swtor

Wooker

Hello, i've played pvp for a long time in this game and has always hated it. how sith ,jedi ,powertech, and vanguard can break Physics and pull you or jump at you through walls and buildings. at the beginning of swtor I thought they would fix it by now but, no. It gets SO annoying when your running to the endzone and through the wall a vanguard pulls you back. They need to fix this since its TO overpowered like that. Thanks (opinions welcome)

i heard there are synch issues caused by moves such as push and pull and jump and stuff.

has anyone else heard about this???

i heard mostly about pull not push but, it still is the same problem with phasing through walls

My grappled targets can and do get hung up on the posts by fire pits, as well as walls, columns, etc. if I am not careful. You're probably seeing the result of lag, which, sadly, seems to actually be getting worse, especially when it comes to any sort of root, stun, knockback, leap or pull. I especially notice the lag on my sentinel (smash spec of course!) when leaping and then using force sweep. I've actually begun waiting just a moment after a leap and the GCD refresh before activating the sweep, or just using some other attack first, because a lagged knockback has put me off target so many times.

My grappled targets can and do get hung up on the posts by fire pits, as well as walls, columns, etc. if I am not careful. You're probably seeing the result of lag, which, sadly, seems to actually be getting worse, especially when it comes to any sort of root, stun, knockback, leap or pull. I especially notice the lag on my sentinel (smash spec of course!) when leaping and then using force sweep. I've actually begun waiting just a moment after a leap and the GCD refresh before activating the sweep, or just using some other attack first, because a lagged knockback has put me off target so many times.

First of all my computer never lags so that can't work and one example was me and a vanguard were at the edge of the arch near their goaline and our guy was walking it in. the vanguard jumped down from the ledge and pulled him through the ledge and back down to the pit.

First of all my computer never lags so that can't work and one example was me and a vanguard were at the edge of the arch near their goaline and our guy was walking it in. the vanguard jumped down from the ledge and pulled him through the ledge and back down to the pit.

The vanguard started his pull before he lost los

The vanguard started his pull before he lost los

Exactly. I have jumped several times and hit pull in mid air to make what would be "impossible" pulls.... The start and end location of the pulled player are determined the moment the pull occurs, regardless of what the animation shows, so, what happened was the player was pulled to a location in mid air, and then dropped into the pit.

Edited by iamef

Exactly. I have jumped several times and hit pull in mid air to make what would be "impossible" pulls.... The start and end location of the pulled player are determined the moment the pull occurs, regardless of what the animation shows, so, what happened was the player was pulled to a location in mid air, and then dropped into the pit.

he DID NOT PULL HIM WHILE HE JUMPED DOWN.

There are physics bugs in the game some are code some are lag. Most have to do with things they never thought we would do.

But I have found soft walls even in PVE content, D7 has got one just after the bridged tower were everyone speeders along the pipe on the wall. Half the people I have been in there with have jumped at the wall expecting to slide down and land on the pipe, however most times they land stuck in the wall. /stuck never works and best bet is to have a sorc (me) pull you out.

Doing WB's on Belsavis so long ago our tank was pulling the boss away from the group to keep his AOE attack pointed at him and not the DPS and healers, and he feel threw Belsavis. All we could see was a white spot on the ground, he got to see the inside of the terrian (like the old clipping cheat in doom games) he feel never dieing.

If you run into something make a ticket hope they will fix it. If you can get video (not all of us are recording all the time) post it for the rest of us to laugh at.

he DID NOT PULL HIM WHILE HE JUMPED DOWN.

How the hell would you know that :/? Are you that vanguard? Because if while ball is a few meters away from goal an enemy vanguard jumps in the pit, even an idiot could tell that his purpose is to pull the ball carrier into the pit with him :/

I do this all the time on my assassin. it's the most efficient way of being safe. Pushes and knockbacks may suffer lag and make you end up pushing the enemy straight through the line, while on your screen you had him facing the pit.

How the hell would you know that :/? Are you that vanguard? Because if while ball is a few meters away from goal an enemy vanguard jumps in the pit, even an idiot could tell that his purpose is to pull the ball carrier into the pit with him :/

I do this all the time on my assassin. it's the most efficient way of being safe. Pushes and knockbacks may suffer lag and make you end up pushing the enemy straight through the line, while on your screen you had him facing the pit.

i was right next to the vanguard before he jumped down and then 2 seconds later pulled the ball guy

i was right next to the vanguard before he jumped down and then 2 seconds later pulled the ball guy

Was in a game last night where a vanguard pulled someone across the entire map.

Do you believe me?

Should we just take your word for it?

I do this all the time. Jump > pull.

Harpoon has sort of a delay on it where the cable wraps around the target as opposed to Force Pull which is instant. So that could seem like he waited. You also only need los on the target to hit the ability you don't need to maintain it during the pull. So once that cable has them they aren't going anywhere. Unless they hit a wall or something towards you. That will stop them.

about 3 out of 4 times i use harpoon in huttball i get either

a) target is immune

b) cannot see target

c) target is out of range

d) harpoon goes on cd but nothing happens

That Pt that is pulled you back is probably dancing a jig for successfully harpooning anything at all

Hello, i've played pvp for a long time in this game and has always hated it. how sith ,jedi ,powertech, and vanguard can break Physics and pull you or jump at you through walls and buildings. at the beginning of swtor I thought they would fix it by now but, no. It gets SO annoying when your running to the endzone and through the wall a vanguard pulls you back. They need to fix this since its TO overpowered like that. Thanks (opinions welcome)

Is this real life? Lightsabers are real right?