Why all the rage? Thank you Bioware!

CantonHero

I figured I might make a positive post to counter balance all of the negativity on these forums. Firstly, a HUGE thanks to Bioware for developing this game and putting all of your hardwork into it. Its certainly not easy to be the newcomer on the MMO genre block in this day and age of players who feel like they should be entitled to everything. I think your way of handling launch has been pretty brilliant so far despite the overtly loud complaints from people who sound more akin to a spoiled child screaming at their parents in a toy store. They know they're getting something but they want it now.

Staggering the launch through early access ensures better server stability. Its like a continually ramped up stress test. No doubt a lot of the complainers are coming off of WoW but how many people actually remember when that launched? There was no early release and on some servers, the game was unavailable for days at a time. Most MMOs have very rocky releases.

I was fortunate enough to get into the game yesterday because I preordered back in July when preorders first became available and it was refreshing to play an MMO and not have the servers crash, receive messages that the servers needed a reboot in 15 minutes, no horrid lag, etc. I realize that the population wasn't at full capacity but even so, that's a great start.

The game as a whole has been incredibly refreshing for me as an experienced(too much time on my hands) MMO player. I feel engaged in the quests I do both as solo and they can be even more enjoyable with a group. The Esseles Flashpoint is ridiculously fun.

For the people who don't have an attention span big enough to read all of this, the bottom line is; relax. It's Bioware's first MMO and so far they're handling it extremely well. Everyone who preordered will get in early. A day early is still a day earlier than most releases of any kind so its still a privilege.

I agree with you completely. How can anyone complain when we are still ONE day ahead of the first EGA day announced (15th for those who don't remember). I still don't have access to the game, and i ordered in NOV and had an issue with my code redemption and couldn't get one until the 3rd of december. I can wait until the 20th if I have to, CE and the pre-order in game items were worth the pre order for me. I'm not sure how people can complain when pre-ordering didn't cost extra, you basically promise bioware to buy the game, and get free stuff then complain? ***? Cmon guys why not keep it classy and show WoW fanboys how much better we are and stop the complaints now.

Beta in SWTOR was the most fun in an MMO I've ever had, if you want to rage quit and refund your money go ahead. You will probably just re-order the game later, and have lost your pre-order items and make those of us that are patient all the more exclusive.

Either way most people are going to complain about something, it's EGA now, endgame tomorrow. Who knows what else they will find that is "wrong" about SWTOR.

All I can say is keep up the good work Bioware! Ignore the trolls, whiners, and QQers.

Edited by drewmo

All I can say is keep up the good work Bioware! Ignore the trolls, whiners, and QQers.

Exactly! Its an amazing game and well worth the wait. Relax people, if you preordered, you'll be in game in no time and if you didn't preorder but plan to purchase, we'll see you in on the 20th. It's not a race, its an experience.

Exactly! Its an amazing game and well worth the wait. Relax people, if you preordered, you'll be in game in no time and if you didn't preorder but plan to purchase, we'll see you in on the 20th. It's not a race, its an experience.

Well said! Can't top it, so I'll just quote it! ;)