New and Annoying trend

Vasagi

Hey, I took about 10 days off of the game to take care of stuff, and when I come back, the first 2 days of 50 WZs I see 3 different premades, 2 republic and 1 sith group doing this: as soon as a node is being capped or threatened, 3-4 players from the opposing team start spamming emotes to keep the pug from being able to communicate in ops chat.

The first few times I thought it was a coincidence, but after 2 days, I'm positive it's not. Is this intended to be done? Is it against the TOS?

EDIT: Yes I know people are going to say create an ops only chat channel, and you should know a node is threatened when the emote spam starts, but those things are really beside the point.

Edited by Vasagi

Really? I haven't noticed.. but I also created several different chats for different purposes, so I only see when someone in my team is saying something, nothing else, no information about medals, only ops chat. I mean, everyone is doing this after the very first warzone because everyone notices that it's hard to keep up with what team mates are saying with all those medals and kill infos? :)

Hey, I took about 10 days off of the game to take care of stuff, and when I come back, the first 2 days of 50 WZs I see 3 different premades, 2 republic and 1 sith group doing this: as soon as a node is being capped or threatened, 3-4 players from the opposing team start spamming emotes to keep the pug from being able to communicate in ops chat.

The first few times I thought it was a coincidence, but after 2 days, I'm positive it's not. Is this intended to be done? Is it against the TOS?

EDIT: Yes I know people are going to say create an ops only chat channel, and you should know a node is threatened when the emote spam starts, but those things are really beside the point.

I see the point, but just uncheck the show emotes spam. I have had that turned off since day 1.

Who cares if someone typed /"emote X". Further more, I don't need to be told they typed it in my chat channel I can see them dancing lol

Edited by Chapelcloth

Hmm I will have to start reporting people I suppose. I know you can alter, change, and add chat channels, but a lot of people don't know or care enough to do it, and since the problem isn't an epidemic, I don't think most people even know of it. Maybe after a few people have accounts suspended, it will stop.

not seen that personally but in the early days there was guy on my server who used to guild invite during a 1v1 so you had to deal with the popup box mid fight.

OPTIONS/Preferences/User Interface/Social Center/Show Invites as Social Messages

in a case if there are more jerks out there.