Cross server fights

BattleDress

No idea if this has been discussed, so here i go...

As the title suggests, if BW could look into implementing cross-server GSF fights, that would be great. On my server (Jedi Covenant), so far about 50% (estimation, i have not counted them all) of the fights i get into are republic vs republic. Kinda anti-climactic, don't you think? I mean, aren't we suppose to fight against the Empire?

And i am sure its the same for Empire side as well and on other servers. Also, when we do a fight republic vs republic, most of the other players are bummed about that. Not asking to change it overnight, but i made this thread in the hopes some developer will get the message.

BTW, i hate gunships with a passion :) (Strike pilot here and i love it)

Edited by BattleDress

Hmm , were did i say i was asking for a server transfer??? I was asking to look into cross-server fights so we don't get republic vs republic, or empire vs empire fights, that is all.

All I'm saying is that your server is Pub heavy with people who care about GSF. Go to another server if you don't like same faction battles. Why would 'they' implement X-sever functions if you have the ability to go where you want?

Wow, tough crowd...i was making a suggestion, not asking to change the hole game just for me... even if i am a "special snowflake" :D

Edit: I don't do ground-based pvp, i got sick and tired of it back in my WoW days so if this was already asked in the pvp community, i apologies for making a suggestion.

Edited by BattleDress

Hey BattleDress fellow Jedi Covenant player here. lemme lay it out for you.

First off cross server gameplay Is at the top of Bioware's list of things they want to avoid, why? It creates an anonymity that lets in extremely bad player behavior. While cross server is just evil in PVE where there are far too many players to /ignore when they just plain blow, ninja, afk, troll, ect. It's still not much of a peach in PvP either, as again it's too anonymous and we cannot self police with /ignore. Many people have stated that for the resons I just mentioned that cross server is one of the worst things to happen to WoW.

Secondly as an imperial player the fact that more matches are pub vs pub makes me smile, as the opposite is true for our server with ground pvp, where you see soo much imp vs imp. In case you weren't aware pubs dominate ground pvp on JC.

There is a theory that after a certain minimum point, the more pvp players a faction has the poorer that faction will perform. As is the case on JC ground pvp. Though I would say we are pretty even on GSF pvp wins/loss per faction.

Thank you for that reply Mr_Sim, now i understand a bit more about it. I haven't considered the bad behavior, i guess i forgot about it, haven't played WoW for over 2 years now and i am NOT missing it. Looking foward to meeting you in a GSF fight! And remember the most important rule: HAVE FUN! :cool: