How is Ania Solo related to Han and Leia?

TonyShadman

I was thinking about this last night and its still been bugging me. The new Legacy series supposedly follows Ania Solo, the great great granddaughter of Han and Leia. Here’s my question though, HOW!?

Jaina is married to Jag Fel and her children lead the way to the next Fel legacy that will rule the Empire for generations using the last name FEL. Jacen may be dead, but his daughter still lives, but her children probably wouldn’t be named Solo, and they would probably be tied to the Hapan court. Anakin is dead after only recieving a kiss, so theres no way the kids are his. So who the hell is Ania Solo related to!?

Edited by TonyShadman

Han was not the only Solo, it is a Correalian surname so there would be cousins, aunts, uncles, other people named Solo who aren't connected to Han in any way. Also the same can be said for almost any surname, there are Skywalkers unrealted to Luke, Fetts unconnected to Bobba and Jango, etc.

I understand that, Thracken Sal-Solo was a jerk. But they are saying that it was the great great granddaughter of Han and Leia.

The writers of the series said it themselves in an interview with Rebelscum.com, you can read it here

And she is a solo that is force sensitive, while Han and his side of the family weren't.

Anyone have anything?

Edited by TonyShadman
adding a quote

"Ania Solo is somebody that is not a part of [the world of Emperor's and royalty], and she doesn't have a personal connection to it. She may have even turned her back on it." - Gabriel Hardman, writer for the Legacy sequel.

The last part makes it sound to me like she'll be descended from Alanna Solo and turned her back on her royal connection to Hapes. (And given how things are in that court who can blame her?)

Hapes is a matriarchy, so maybe its not uncommon for surnames to pass from mother to child even if Tenel Ka gave her own daughter Jacen's last name.

OR she might be a part of the Fel dynasty who disassociated herself from them, probably taking Han/Jaina's name to distance herself from the royal family.

In either event, it sounds like they'll be continuing the theme from the first Legacy series of the main character having tried to leave their family's past behind but getting dragged back into it.

• 4 weeks later...
"Ania Solo is somebody that is not a part of [the world of Emperor's and royalty], and she doesn't have a personal connection to it. She may have even turned her back on it." - Gabriel Hardman, writer for the Legacy sequel.

The last part makes it sound to me like she'll be descended from Alanna Solo and turned her back on her royal connection to Hapes. (And given how things are in that court who can blame her?)

Hapes is a matriarchy, so maybe its not uncommon for surnames to pass from mother to child even if Tenel Ka gave her own daughter Jacen's last name.

OR she might be a part of the Fel dynasty who disassociated herself from them, probably taking Han/Jaina's name to distance herself from the royal family.

In either event, it sounds like they'll be continuing the theme from the first Legacy series of the main character having tried to leave their family's past behind but getting dragged back into it.

This is exactly what I was thinking. However, I don’t think they'll definitively state what exactly the relation is until after Jaina is officially with child. My strong indication is it follows the former, rather than the latter. The writers themselves have stated how they want to build a character disassociated from the previous volume. This to me, combined with the fact that the writers seem to show that they have a fair degree of foresight, will aim towards the former rather than the latter. It would make more sense to build around Alana, because it’s unexplored territory.

In addition it would explain more about the relation of Hapes and the Fel Empire. Beyond the relationship that Roan had with a Hapan, and despite what happened to her, I always found it strange that the Hapans wouldn't lend support to the Triumvirate during the Battle of Coruscant if there was a family relation. Of course it could be spinned so many different ways; One of Alana's relatives had turned her back on the family, or they had died, or deposed, the list goes on. It would be really interesting to see if Ania is the reason for this, and it would make sense based on what Gabriel has stated.

In any case I think it’s wise if they build an association to Alana around her, there’s a lot of material to be used and it is unexplored territory.