A Long Forgotten Evil

Seipherwood

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who hasn't had any trouble with this? I cleared this with my scoundrel, sniper, and juggernaut all at lvl 47. Pop all your cooldowns, get your best companion out, use heroic moment, use medpacs and you'll be fine.

Am I the only one who hasn't had any trouble with this? I cleared this with my scoundrel, sniper, and juggernaut all at lvl 47. Pop all your cooldowns, get your best companion out, use heroic moment, use medpacs and you'll be fine.

Reppy side has it a LOT easier than Imp side. I have never had a problem with Khem... err Sel-Makor on the Republic side of Voss. He went down faster than a 10 cent... nvm. Not going to finish that sentence. :D

Easily soloable at level 46 on Sorc, Guardian, and Sage so far. The Guardian was by far the easiest, he just died like a trash mob. The other two actually had to work it and use a little strategy and skill.

The only other two mobs I've needed to actually sit back and use some good old fashioned learned over the years MMO skills were the Emperor and the First Son. Everything else has been face down in the mud for my opponents.

IMNSHO, the game is way too easy in general. I won't say that an easy opponent isn't nice to see once in awhile. In fact, I've lobbied for well over a decade that certain mobs should run screaming when they see someone of galactic reputation coming down the road rather than blithely attacking.

But Easy = Boring. Want to make a good game? Make one that's a challenge.

• 5 months later...
Was having trouble in my first two fights as a level 47 Inquisitor, then got the timing right on my interrupts, coupled with Talos as my companion, my Heroic and a top Medpac. I took less than half damage. Not trying to gloat or anything, just saying it is about the interrupts. Good luck :)

How ironic that the 6 month old thread you bumped is entitled "A long forgotten evil".

• 2 weeks later...

I just defeated him with a 46 Sith Assassin.

This quest is actually easy once you figure out how to beat him. He killed me multiple times in a row at first. The trick is to constantly leap frog from the pillars surrounding the location to avoid his force attacks. When you have time and he is not casting a spell pop out from behind one of the pillars and use one of your instant casts on him and run back behind the pillar. You don't even need to use any CC or disrupts to defeat him. If you do not have many ranged instant casts pop out from behind the pillar and cast a stun/CC and use ONE powerful close range attack and run directly back behind a pillar.

Notes:

His attacks are LOS except for his AOE lightning, but you can see a blue circle on the ground where the lightning will hit so just move behind a different pillar to avoid the lightning.

Use a companion that uses ranged attacks if you have one or a healer.

Good luck

Edited by Drenian

• 2 months later...

Yeah, the Avatar was tough, I finally beat him by out leveling him and staying away from his area attacks and using interrupts on his bigger stuff. He was still incredibly tough.

The one that I've never been able to beat is the Admiral on Illum who hits you with a buff that takes away any healing. I've never been able to beat him

This is one of those enemies where you have to really fight for it, and use your Heroic Moment ability along with every other cooldown and stim/medpack you have.

The first time I fought him it was one hell of a battle, on subsequent alts not so much as I knew the fight and my Legacy had grown in strength, making my companions and heroic moment abilities stronger.