Sorcs/Sages need a Blink.

veyl

After testing 2.0 thoroughly I've come to the conclusion that Sorcs/Sages absolutely need a 20 meter Blink.

You can take away our force speed to do this, but the fact of the matter is that Sorc/Sages have the lowest survivability of all classes and are still the fastest to die. (Unless you're lightning spec, but even with this spec, DPS'ing is hard to do becasue of the amount of -running- that you have to do to live.)

Without a guard and the loss of being able to go hybrid bubble spec, the two specs on the wings (healing/madness) lost the survivability that gave them a longer lifespan. Pre 2.0, sorcs were forced to spec this way because smash and other melee is completely out of control with high burst on our non-defensive asses. In 2.0, Smash and other melee burst is still super high, leading to even faster deaths for the sorc/sage (unless our bubble immunity is up of course).

What a 20m blink provides:

A major escape- Right now, Force Speed is simply a joke. There are tons of roots/snares/leaps that can catch a sorc/sage and remove their escapability. At that point, it's just time to stand there and die because of the loss of hybrid spec that can blind/root when we have someone on us.

A root break - Force speed can only do this if heal spec'd and talented for it... a blink would remove the root entirely for ALL SPECS. The developers failed to see that our feedback threads consistently brought up the lack of defensive CDs // protection that our light armor provided and had no burst. Repeatedly it was stated "We're the glass cannon without the cannon". This can still be said because unless lightning can break free, you cannot burst anything.

Why don't we have a blink? Is it because of huttball? Make us drop the ball if we use it. Problem solved.

PVE RELATED bonuses for having Blink:

Sorc DPS -tanks- if we have to move. Being able to teleport where we need to be to start rotation all over again instead of throwing a shock out // redotting, would be a major boost to our Raiding numbers. (and we all know sorc's need that help.)

Please remove Force Speed and Replace it with a 20 Meter Blink. (More importantly, please really consider this option or start doing something about the ludicrous survivability issues on the PTS for Sorcs/sages)

This isn't WoW

'Nuff said!

Really? Lets just look at the Sorc and see how many abilities it has that a Priest from WoW identically has and is easily mirrored from:

Sorc - Bubble // Priest - PW: Shield. What does the shield do? It's a barrier of protection around someone, spammable for healers and when talented can blind someone. Hmmmm, sounds just like sorc bubble to me.

Sorc- Affliction // Priest - SW: Pain. An instant cast DoT. Yep...same ability.

Sorc- Innervate // Priest - Penance. Channeled heal giving x heal over x seconds. Yep...same ability.

Sorc - Extricate // Priest - Leap of faith. Pulls a friendly player directly to you!? Yep... same ability.

Sorc - Dark heal - Dark Infusion // Priest - Flash heal - Greater Heal. Fast and Nuke heal? wow... same ability!

Sorc- Cloud Mind // Priest - Fade. Reduces threat from target over x seconds! No way... same ability.

Sorc- Purge // Priest - Dispel magic. Removes one harmful effect!? Woo... I'm glad these abilities are different. oh wait. They're not.

Sorc - Force lightning // Priest - Mind flay. Channeled damage ability over 3 seconds slowing target to 50% speed. Yep. Same. Ability.

I could keep going, but I just wanted to point out how ridiculous your "post" was. You should give something constructive next time that might actually make the game // classes better.

After testing 2.0 thoroughly I've come to the conclusion that Sorcs/Sages absolutely need a 20 meter Blink.

You can take away our force speed to do this, but the fact of the matter is that Sorc/Sages have the lowest survivability of all classes and are still the fastest to die. (Unless you're lightning spec, but even with this spec, DPS'ing is hard to do becasue of the amount of -running- that you have to do to live.)

Without a guard and the loss of being able to go hybrid bubble spec, the two specs on the wings (healing/madness) lost the survivability that gave them a longer lifespan. Pre 2.0, sorcs were forced to spec this way because smash and other melee is completely out of control with high burst on our non-defensive asses. In 2.0, Smash and other melee burst is still super high, leading to even faster deaths for the sorc/sage (unless our bubble immunity is up of course).

What a 20m blink provides:

A major escape- Right now, Force Speed is simply a joke. There are tons of roots/snares/leaps that can catch a sorc/sage and remove their escapability. At that point, it's just time to stand there and die because of the loss of hybrid spec that can blind/root when we have someone on us.

A root break - Force speed can only do this if heal spec'd and talented for it... a blink would remove the root entirely for ALL SPECS. The developers failed to see that our feedback threads consistently brought up the lack of defensive CDs // protection that our light armor provided and had no burst. Repeatedly it was stated "We're the glass cannon without the cannon". This can still be said because unless lightning can break free, you cannot burst anything.

Why don't we have a blink? Is it because of huttball? Make us drop the ball if we use it. Problem solved.

PVE RELATED bonuses for having Blink:

Sorc DPS -tanks- if we have to move. Being able to teleport where we need to be to start rotation all over again instead of throwing a shock out // redotting, would be a major boost to our Raiding numbers. (and we all know sorc's need that help.)

Please remove Force Speed and Replace it with a 20 Meter Blink. (More importantly, please really consider this option or start doing something about the ludicrous survivability issues on the PTS for Sorcs/sages)

Force Speed. /thread

Really? Lets just look at the Sorc and see how many abilities it has that a Priest from WoW identically has and is easily mirrored from:

Sorc - Bubble // Priest - PW: Shield. What does the shield do? It's a barrier of protection around someone, spammable for healers and when talented can blind someone. Hmmmm, sounds just like sorc bubble to me.

Sorc- Affliction // Priest - SW: Pain. An instant cast DoT. Yep...same ability.

Sorc- Innervate // Priest - Penance. Channeled heal giving x heal over x seconds. Yep...same ability.

Sorc - Extricate // Priest - Leap of faith. Pulls a friendly player directly to you!? Yep... same ability.

Sorc - Dark heal - Dark Infusion // Priest - Flash heal - Greater Heal. Fast and Nuke heal? wow... same ability!

Sorc- Cloud Mind // Priest - Fade. Reduces threat from target over x seconds! No way... same ability

Sorc- Purge // Priest - Dispel magic. Removes one harmful effect!? Woo... I'm glad these abilities are different. oh wait. They're not.

Sorc - Force lightning // Priest - Mind flay. Channeled damage ability over 3 seconds slowing target to 50% speed. WYep. Same. Ability.

I could keep going, but I just wanted to point out how ridiculous your "post" was. You should give something constructive next time that might actually make the game // classes better.

TL;DR

/yawn

Please refer to my previous post.

I've been playing on all classes for some time (I have 9 characters: 2 - lvl 50 - and 7 still progressing). I prefer magic classes in all fantasy/s-f games, but in SWTOR they are very weak.

To compare survivability in PvE I tried Heroic 2+ and Heroic 4 missions solo (+AI companion) (Imperial and Republic side).

Example result for Imperial H2+ quest on Dromund Kaas (every character 17lvl, adaptative armor + artifact/prototype mods - comparable hp/armor) :

- Sniper - excellent - quest finished (including end boss killed). Without healing and revive. Also best score in Heroic4 (biggest number of killed mobs)

- Powertech - good - (boss killed, but with some problems), died once during the battle (revive) and healing.

- Maruder - average - (problem with 4 group of mobs, boss wins). Died several times.

- Sorcerer - very bad - don't even mention it (died on first 3 mob heroic group after 3-4 hits, area spells ineffective).

The same on the republic side (Scoundrel was better than Commando than... [long distance]... Consular the weakest class in whole game).

Suggestions for magic classes: teleportation, stronger static barrier (and decrease cool-down).

Edited by Ksenus
misspell

TL;DR

/yawn

Please refer to my previous post.

Go back under your bridge, kid. Every aspect of this game is carbon copied from WoW.

Force Speed. /thread

Thanks for reading my post. Did you have trouble reading the parts about how easily countered force speed is because only healers have a root break talent?

Change that into a blink and we have a deal (only for the sorc)

That guy didn't bother to read the post as to why force speed is horrible, but I'm glad you can agree with me here.

What character from the SW universe would that ability be modeled from?

Assassin's will have a 60 meter "teleport" when 2.0 is released. I'm pretty sure the abilities of our classes are not 100% always taken from the "Universe" but often "borrowed" from other MMO's. (as I pointed out to the troll earlier)

Edited by veyl

Sorcs/Sages wear light armor, so yeah they're going to die fast. Less protection = less damage reduction.

Take into account that both Sages/Sorcs are healers as well as dps depending on what spec you chose.

You're suggesting that in order for those classes to increase their survivability they should run away? That's all blink is, a run away ability. Kinda hard to kill anything as a melee class in a dps spec if you're 20m away from your targets.

However, from a healer standpoint I can see a similar ability being worthwhile. That would make sense as long as it was added in the skill tree. Also instead of it being a teleport ability make it a leap, since Jedi/Sith don't teleport. Plus, it would probably look better to see your Jedi/Sith do a backflip/frontflip and land 20m away.

Also, lay off the name-calling. I didn't call you any names, you didn't make a valid point until your 2nd or 3rd post. At least not to me anyway.

This idea is stupid! You want to add a teleport ability because you suck at your class. Learn to play or g t f o!

Again, this isn't WoW little kid. Your suggestion blows and your uncle touches you at night.

Edited by Brackiss

Sorcs/Sages wear light armor, so yeah they're going to die fast. Less protection = less damage reduction.

Take into account that both Sages/Sorcs are healers as well as dps depending on what spec you chose.

You're suggesting that in order for those classes to increase their survivability they should run away? That's all blink is, a run away ability. Kinda hard to kill anything as a melee class in a dps spec if you're 20m away from your targets.

However, from a healer standpoint I can see a similar ability being worthwhile. That would make sense as long as it was added in the skill tree. Also instead of it being a teleport ability make it a leap, since Jedi/Sith don't teleport. Plus, it would probably look better to see your Jedi/Sith do a backflip/frontflip and land 20m away.

Also, lay off the name-calling. I didn't call you any names, you didn't make a valid point until your 2nd or 3rd post. At least not to me anyway.

My entire first post is a "valid point". If you bothered to test the Sorc class on the PTS for PVP, you'd know exactly what I meant. If you go through and read the "sorc concerns" in the Public Test forum (also the class feedback thread that the devs clearly didn't listen to) it all states the same thing...over...and over... and over again. Sorc Survivability is slim to none.

Looking at your signature, I would gather that you play the FoTM's more then you do your sorc. Don't worry man, smash spec is buffed in 2.0 if that's your main. My 1st response to you, pointed out 8 abilities that are carbon copied abilities from WoW. You bringing up that game and never once considering how many things are identical, is laughable. I'm sorry that you want to believe that this game is a special snowflake in the MMO world, but it isn't.

Now to something in your post: "You're suggesting that in order for those classes to increase their survivability they should run away? That's all blink is, a run away ability. Kinda hard to kill anything as a melee class in a dps spec if you're 20m away from your targets."

Anything as a melee class? What?! lol. The sorc in PvP = Runs so they can fight from range. On Live right now, Good sorcs know how to kite and run or are bubble hybrid dps because it is a -broken- spec with bubble not giving the amount of resolve it should. On test, however, Force Speed is easily countered and is even more laughable because of the amount of talents that every melee class has that breaks // immunes to roots and snares. Your force slow / knock back / stun will do nothing when you try to force speed away. Yes. Sorcs need a bigger gap maker because what they have now does nothing for them in PVP. We do get a 3 minute cd Immunity bubble that can be used to an advantage but... force speed is still able to be countered the second you stop channeling. Kiting for the sorc class is dead along with full Madness pvp.

There's really no more reason to respond to you after this though, as this is a suggestion thread and you clearly have no clue how the Sorc class works. (melee caster ftw? made my night with this.)

Edited by veyl

Yeah something has to be done because the speed of which I've been dying on PTS is just silly. We can argue that two smashers or PT'es can pretty much kill us in a few secs on live .....but that's still a few secs. On PTS I've died in what seemed like one attack. It obviously wasnt but it was at the speed of one GCD and it was enough that two people attacked me at the same time. I couldnt even make out how much I was hit for, due to it being a pile of red numbers.

My only wish now is that i won't be promtoed to download my pre-ordered expansion. I don't want it if TTK'es are going to be that low at 55. And in a worst case cenario I'll switch to a new account.

BW took a dump on the sorc/sage feedback threads and pissed on the players by doing the complete opposite to what we asked for in patch after patch . Good players without an equally good premade will have a hard time and for average players it will become unplayable.

Don't get me started on the damage reduction/armor rating.

BW - How do we make them worse?

Edited by MidichIorian

I'm agreeing with everyone on this topic. Blink ability would make total sense, but lack of "Shiney object" needed to get DEV attention would most likely prevent that from happening. I'd be glad to get AT LEAST force speed if a blink like ability could not be obtained quickly. I just think a "minor temp fix" would be to assign Root/CC Immunity to force speed while they create a "Blink" option.

Meanwhile, they really need to take the instant self stun bubble back to the workshop and rework it as it's a cruel joke to the class that has lost some of our real defensive tools.

Edited by dscount

• 2 weeks later...