Alacrity sucks for Guardians/Juggernauts

Konraxhatred

Posting this in general so everyone can see cause nobody reads class forums.

Your quote Bioware

Alacrity Improvements: One of the big changes to combat systems is the way that Alacrity works. Prior to this update, Alacrity came with a tradeoff for some classes, and it was nearly useless to other classes. The faster you attacked, the more resources you would spend, and that only worked if you had channeled abilities or abilities with activation times.

Now, Alacrity will increase the activation speed of all abilities, including instants. We haven’t just shortened the global cooldown, either. When activating any ability quicker, its animation will also play quicker. This makes some attacks look and sound very cool. Furthermore, Alacrity increases resource regeneration by the same rate, helping you to recuperate resources more quickly as you spend them more quickly. For Knights and Warriors specifically, attacking faster means generating resources faster. Now more Alacrity is strictly a good thing.

The small amount of Alacrity forced onto our gear is a doesn't change much or give a boost in anything, if we want to see a change/difference in animation and speed, we have to be putting nothing but alacrity over surge/acc/power but then thats a DPS LOSS The stat is not worth it over the others. You really, REALLY should have tested this out before throwing this at us. Whats worse, you forced that stat onto our *TANK GEAR?* really? us guardians/juggernauts never had a problem with our cooldowns, The problem is now our defense is now *gone*, we are STARVING for defense stats. DO you guys even know how to make good tank gear stats cause it seems like you don't.

What do you guys think of the sucky alacrity stat for us guardians/juggernauts cause after spending over 500k creds testing this, it was *WORTHLESS*

Edit: And don't say alacrity trinket, tested that too, wasted comms for that thing

Edited by Konraxhatred

So who cares about its usefulness? Be glad you can always use your own mods.

it's hard to use your own mods, when 70-85% of all mods you get have alacrity on them.

I hate their sentence:

Now more Alacrity is strictly a good thing.

That's simply not true, because you have to sacrifice some other stat to get the alacrity

it's hard to use your own mods, when 70-85% of all mods you get have alacrity on them.

I hate their sentence:

That's simply not true, because you have to sacrifice some other stat to get the alacrity

THANK YOU!

Serious, bioware has been REALLY bad with stats for classes

So who cares about its usefulness? Be glad you can always use your own mods.

From what I can tell, most of the mods have alacrity on them. As a tank, we have 3 defensive stats to aquire. We have Defense, Shield Rating and Absorb. Alacrity takes atleast one of these away. Tanks are now squishy due to not having the proper defensive stats in favor of Alacrity which does pretty much nothing for us. This is very bad design.

Edited by Soluss

From what I can tell, most of the mods have alacrity on them. As a tank, we have 3 defensive stats to aquire. We have Defense, Shield Rating and Absorb. Alacrity takes atleast one of these away. Tanks are now squishy due to not having the proper defensive stats in favor of Alacrity which does pretty much nothing for us. This is very bad design.

Defense competes with Absorb, Shield competes with Accuracy and Alacrity. Strictly speaking, you'd be giving up Shield for Alacrity (and the Accuracy ones they put in too). This would be all fine and dandy if I could find ANY enhancement that has both Shield and Defense. The only good enhancement on the gear is the Shield and Absorb.

The best way I can think of getting around this terrible design is to get all Defense mods, and getting all Shield and Absorb enhancements. Unfortunately that drastically increases the amount of pieces I need to rip mods out of to get well proportioned gear.

Totally agree. Even as a DPS guardian alacrity does me almost no good. In fact, it might even be a DPS loss to have it, due to how the rotation and cds work.

I can't see it being that great for Marauders/Sentinels either for the same reason. Now if it made dots tick faster, then it might be worthwhile, although that could make DPS sages/sorcs slightly overpowered.

Edited by soulseekerr

Defense competes with Absorb, Shield competes with Accuracy and Alacrity. Strictly speaking, you'd be giving up Shield for Alacrity (and the Accuracy ones they put in too). This would be all fine and dandy if I could find ANY enhancement that has both Shield and Defense. The only good enhancement on the gear is the Shield and Absorb.

The best way I can think of getting around this terrible design is to get all Defense mods, and getting all Shield and Absorb enhancements. Unfortunately that drastically increases the amount of pieces I need to rip mods out of to get well proportioned gear.

Sturdiness enhancements - endurance/shield/defense - craftable at your local artificer :) Perfect for juggernaut tanks, who now need no to little absorb.

Sturdiness enhancements - endurance/shield/defense - craftable at your local artificer :) Perfect for juggernaut tanks, who now need no to little absorb.

i'm getting them to purple at the moment, but it's a real shame having to throw away that many 69 enhancements from the black market equip

i'm getting them to purple at the moment, but it's a real shame having to throw away that many 69 enhancements from the black market equip

Yeah... I been checking the stats on the BM gear for juggernauts, and to get proper stats, it will require lots of itemizations. It's a pity, that you can't just buy armorings, as the jugg gear is heavy on absorbtion, which you don't need, so I'd be getting rid of defense/shield in favour of more endurance/absorbtion. And I'm not willin to sacrifice mitigation over endurance.

It's a pity there are just no single armorings for sale, as I'd have now to buy BM gear, rip armorings of them, and use 66 mods/enhancements.

From what I can tell, most of the mods have alacrity on them.

You would be wrong about that on the republic side for certain. 1 piece of the Underworld and 1 piece of the Verpine sets have alacrity mods in them, same for the Arkanian and Black Market sets. The only other items where you will find alacrity is on implants where there is 1 implant with alacrity and 1 without.

So from the gear sets for JKs you get 1 piece with alacrity. That is not "most" by any definition.

Ive been gone quite some time so I must have missed something. Why do we no longer need absorb?

Ive been gone quite some time so I must have missed something. Why do we no longer need absorb?

You can find some good math for it in the tank section of the forums, but basically the way they changed the diminishing returns curve, absorb is much less attractive than defense for pretty much all tanks not shadow/assassin.

You can find some good math for it in the tank section of the forums, but basically the way they changed the diminishing returns curve, absorb is much less attractive than defense for pretty much all tanks not shadow/assassin.

Gotcha. I actually stacked defense way back when already. I always felt less squishy that way. Im not a min maxer by any means. Ive always just played around with gear myself rather then reading the long writeups that people have made and went with what felt best to me and my healers.