Level 55 GF Operations

So, you can use group finder for Level 50 HM flashpoints, level 55 HM flashpoints, and level 55 operations, but not level 50 ones? I really don't see the logic in that. If you can queue for level 50 HM flashpoints, you should be able to queue up for level 50 operations. If your concern was loot drops being wasteful, then why include level 50 HM flashpoints? The same question goes for concerns about diminishing XP for level 50s. I leveled to 55 quickly on my main and now find out I can't do the level 50 operations through GF anymore because of this.

I don't know why you would want to do these at 55, all they give are classic comms, which are pointless.

They're kinda pointless if the char was played in the old end game and already have campaign/dread guard (you can still get some improvements), but when dealing with chars that just have the basic tionese or just got up to 55 without having anything to do with the old end game at all they're vital to get the gear you need to handle the new one.

They're kinda pointless if the char was played in the old end game and already have campaign/dread guard (you can still get some improvements), but when dealing with chars that just have the basic tionese or just got up to 55 without having anything to do with the old end game at all they're vital to get the gear you need to handle the new one.

Fair point.

I suppose there will be more LFG call outs on the fleet in the future, though these comms really do fall from the sky, all

the old dailies give them out, belsavis, ilum, black hole, sec-x. It won't take long to amass the comms needed to move on.

Edited by Mowermanx

It won't take long to amass 200 comms

:p

hehe, yeah, the cap... what would it be you think? Im thinking 3 days of the dailies would go pretty close to the cap?

Even so, it would be around 4 weeks or so to get into campaign gear, not too bad for just doing dailies, plus you get a bucket load of credits to go with it. :)

Plus, we used to queue for EV and KP SM with characters who didn't even need BH comms if they just wanted to run the raid on that toon or help compensate for undergeared players.

Once we get to 55 now, we won't be able to queue into EV or KP even just for fun.

hehe, yeah, the cap... what would it be you think? Im thinking 3 days of the dailies would go pretty close to the cap?

Even so, it would be around 4 weeks or so to get into campaign gear, not too bad for just doing dailies, plus you get a bucket load of credits to go with it. :)

did the Black Hole H4 yesterday evening + 2 other missions there + False Emperor HC

that got me to somewhere around 42

not sure if there wasn't a one time only mission that rewarded them but I don't think there was.

that was perhaps one hour of playtime (really really slow internet)

my gild mate had his comms at max already before I even got home if I've understood him correctly

I'd say 4h/week * char for the classic comms

of course they are useless now anyway.

-> buy the gear on your 55's -> legacy transfer to your 50twink -> get new comms for nothing over time.;)

I'd be more interested in the other comms, but time will tell.

edit: forgotten the ;)

Edited by DarthSpekulatius

I've pondered a bit more about this, and I understand why they would remove it for 55's, just thinking about my own situation, I looked at it yesterday after the patch and said to myself, I'm not going to do anything in the GF ever again, as I don't want classic comms.

Then at 55 the new ones were there and the 50's gone, it then made sense.

But this puts all those FPs and ops as just a transitional content, ala heroics on a planet, which after a while will be very hard to get a group for. Anyone doing the HK quest recently will know what I'm talking about, trying for FE SM.

Now they could bump them all to 55, but that takes away the transitional content.

Maybe a better idea would be allow access to 55's and have a small carrot so everyone will want to do them still, like they originally did via BH comms with the group finder, but using elite comms, as they are basically the new black hole comms.

Without any carrot, I just can't see any 55's in the future wanting to go anywhere near this stuff.

How long will it take to burn out on 4 FP's?