A build for for Juggernaut duel survivability

Hatebane

I understand Juggs are meant to be more defensive than anything else, and their true potential is a"late bloomer" but I hear that if you play/spec them right you can be quite the contender in PVP. I am primarily interested in 1 on 1 dueling, as its one of my favorite aspects of the game. Especially endgame.

I've been searching all over the community and websites for this answer and I cant find anything that sheds much light on this.

I wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to spec a Juggernaut with this in mind. I'm new to Juggernauts and tanking but I am really enjoying it so far. If anyone has a link to a skill tree build that would be awesome too.:)

I think the only way to go in 1 on 1 environments as a jugg is dps on the rage tree. DPS because its a pain to fight as a jugg tank due to very low dps output. Rage tree because burst damage is the way to go in short duration encounters. Noxx provides a good rage build + rotation.

Cheers

Looks like you've never been shock waved buddy! LoL The bleeding rotation in vengeance is optimal for long boss fights in operations. A rage specced jugg is gonna kick your azz with his bursts before any of your bleedings have dealt any noticeable damage, trust me! ;-) Edited by Sithcreep

In a 1vs1 situation the vengance tree beats the rage tree by far.

Ravage ready almost all the time + 3 Dots + a lot of survivability

vengeance can be brutal 1v1

but group pvp and warzones rage unfortunately is the faceroll way to go,

aoe 6k smashes put alot more pressure on healers,

and you'll have a lot better chance of taking down a healer with bursty rage over the steadier damage from vengeance

The problem with the bleeding rotation in vengeance is you rely like crazy on procing ravage, without it your dps is *****. Hence the longer the fight the greater the chance of odds to even out. I've seen it many times on the dummy. DPS without consistent procing 1,3-1,4K DPS with proper procs 1,7K easily.

Looks like you've never been shock waved buddy! LoL The bleeding rotation in vengeance is optimal for long boss fights in operations. A rage specced jugg is gonna kick your azz with his bursts before any of your bleedings have dealt any noticeable damage, trust me! ;-)

I've played both specs and while rage is way better in group pvp, vengence kicks *** in 1vs1, trust me I took apart enough smashmonkeys who thought they could take out the guy who is sologuarding a node.

what trees do you include in your hybrid?

I love the Immortal/Vengance hybrid, it's the tankiest spec I've found so far.

Pretty sure this is roughly the standard 18/23/0 spec.

I've also used a 21/16/4 which was enjoyable.

I found my "best" pvp/dueling spec, that has a good mix of survivability while being an actual threat to other players, is an 11/28/2 spec.

I also don't really consider rage a very good 1 vs 1 spec. No doubt it's a great pvp spec at the moment but they really aren't much of a threat after you get past the smash. Even then their 8k smashes hit us for around 6k, even less if you have unstoppable, invincible and/or enraged defense up.

Edited by Ridickilis

what trees do you include in your hybrid?

I love the Immortal/Vengance hybrid, it's the tankiest spec I've found so far.

Thank you for the replies!

Never_Hesitate, are you focusing more on Immortal or Vengance tree with your hybrid build?

Im leaning towards this as I love ravage.

Thank you for the replies!

Never_Hesitate, are you focusing more on Immortal or Vengance tree with your hybrid build?

Im leaning towards this as I love ravage.

I'm focusing more on the immortal tree and use the unstoppable from the vengance tree.

I do this because I love to play my Jugg as a tank in huttball or if there is a healer around

Which classes should I be extra careful when dueling against?

I'm personally afraid of Assassins as I've played one and know how destructive they are if you play them right.

And do you have any tips or combos you like to use when fighting another player? Im trying to reduce the amount of rookie mistakes I make. Thanks!

Edited by Hatebane

In full min-maxed Elite War Hero Vindicator set, playing 17/24/0 hybrid (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101Grhbz0MZfRr0rhdzz.2) and I feel like a beast. Using vindicator parts on a shield and in soresu stance, Huttball is my playground and in others I can guard against 3 people easily till someone comes helping. An average game ends with over 200k dps with 100k protection. I occasionally get the 75k healing medal thanks to the enraged defense :)

The most difficult duels for me as jugg were vs marksman snipers. They just humiliate me with diversion, your cc's miss, then they put that entrench 20 sec cc invulnerability and u r useless even more. U cant charge, u cant get unstoppable, u r force starving and rooted half the time. The worst encounter for my juggernaut for sure.

11/28/2 or 18/23 hybrid IMHO. 31 vengeance isn't bad but requires a lot better read on the enemy and I honestly don't think you'll beat a marauder with that. Rage is *not* a 1vs1 dueling spec. Its very bad at that, too predictable and doesn't have unyielding (which is vital IMHO to give you the CC advantage).