By request from players.. plz dev's Nerf Mara's dps by 40%

VIZIOO

Then I suppose me carrying the huttball in quesh from source to goal without healing while being attacked by 3 maras without healers is an illusion? How did I do that? DCDs, but more importantly, speeding cooldowns in accurate moments.

Great point about Urwz. There is nothing wrong with mistakes in Urwz.. its the time for players to learn their class and correct mistakes.. You just said it; 3maras, no healer, and still went from cost to cost without them able to stop you. Nothing wrong with that..

You are wasting your time... I have an obsession with destroying mercs in ranked because they never expect to be focused, and Fury is the best spec for the job. If the merc is bad, and wastes his best dcds early(panic button) then he is dead afterwards.

Agree. Not just Mercs, but any class that gets focus is gonna get tunnel without help from teammates. The focus target might buy sometime, kite and survive long enough for his teammates to gain the upper hand but that as far it will go..

And to continue your idea, a PT Dps can outplay a marauder and so can a Sorc DPS and Jugg DPS.

I had yet to see it and I play arenas everyday

Edited by VIZIOO

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great point about Urwz. There is nothing wrong with mistakes in Urwz.. its the time for players to learn their class and correct mistakes.. You just said it; 3maras, no healer, and still went from cost to cost without them able to stop you. Nothing wrong with that..

They couldn't do anything, they couldn't keep up with my speed. Unless an acid blocked my path, I just kept on going and I was faster. Once they all lept I used speed to be away, got to the 3rd floor soon enough (can't leap in there) and that was a goal. They weren't dumb, they had their weakness abused for the short term (which was long enough to score the ball). Thing is there is more to this game than damage output. If I can survive 4 DPS without a healer by solo kiting, a group in an arena (who should have a healer) should be able to ruin the mara's life by kiting as well, and do it better than I could. Melees get a 5% more damage potential than ranged due to that logic, because they have a harder time handling kitings and the need to avoid AoEs. Did anyone, anywhere, do the math to check how much damage would maras be capable of if maras got nerfed by such an insane number such as 40%? Do you know that the best DPS spec is not better by 40% than the worst DPS spec? If 3 maras can't handle one unhealed sin tank in approx 40 secs, then after the nerf suggested 8 maras would not be able to make it at the same period of time, would probably totally inviable in PVE, and no one will play them.

I posted it in the last post that you quoted but you edited it out. Repeat:

Post a video of you as a mara hunting down decent mercs and soloing them. Show how awesome they are eliminating ball carriers.

Edited by Rafiknoll

Absolutely right! why ask or debate the obvious..Players get 99% outplay by Marauders..

i.e Ruthless Agression 75% dmg reduction, cloak of pain,

Subjugation, Defensive Roll, Predation(refer to as speed hack) brazen, crippling slash..etc.. Oh and almost forgot..it outpreform any dps class by additional 3k -5k

Definitely a L2P issue.

Then I suppose me carrying the huttball in quesh from source to goal without healing while being attacked by 3 maras without healers is an illusion?.

Just an add to for Hutt Ball

These days you can pretty much do that on any class because people play death ball and not Hutt ball (dont play the ball).

Of all the WZs, Hutt Ball is my specialty WZ and it has been since the days of ranked Hutt Ball. I know all the tricks and tactics to carry most teams to a win even when my team isn’t trying to win.

Mara’s aren’t the best of the class defenders in HB. But the are great chasing down ball carriers from the ball spawn point and also at boosting the team with predation when needed. Sadly, most Mara’s don’t bother holding off using it till it’s actually needed to help the team and not just them.

On a side note: Some people complain about how unstoppable Mara’s are at carrying the ball, but its from bad players not stopping them with snares, stuns, etc. they are too busy trying to hit and kill them, not stop or slow.... ‘cause “bro, my DPS was the highest, look, you didn’t even get 100k, L2P scrub”... That always makes me laugh after scoring all six goals and carrying the team to a win :rolleyes:.

You also can’t leap into the end zones anymore since they introduced the “bug” 2 years ago, not a stealth nerf according to Musco :rolleyes:, so if mad dash is on CD, you can get stuck waiting at that last acid pit and you’re a sitting duck if defenders have a clue,

By far the best ball carriers in HB are operatives. Hands down, they are the hardest to stop and have been nearly from day one (other classes come and go). They also have the unintended added bonus of roll bugging out and it often sinks them into the floor or makes it look like they are teleporting, which makes abilities miss or you just can’t target them. Does that make the class OP? Should we nerf them by 40%? Of corpse not.

Every class has a role to play in every type of WZ, including HB, but 99% or players don’t know it or care enough to learn. That’s where most nerf calls originate, people not playing to their classes strengths and weaknesses.

From what I can tell from the OP, he gets globalled by Mara’s, not just killed. So he says they are massively OP and need a 40% nerf. If the person on the Mara was the same skill lvl as him, he might still die sometimes depending on the class he’s on, but he wouldn’t be getting globalled and he certainly wouldn’t be suggesting the over the top nerfs. I’d say it’s 99.99% L2P better on his behalf. Best guess is he’s playing good players on Mara’s and doesn’t recognise its skill killing him, not the Mara class.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

@Trix, I know indeed how funny/ disappointing it is to run the ball the whole way while barely being attacked, but this time I WASN'T stupidly ignored. I was stunned and they attempted to global me, it failed because I have 30% damage reduction while stunned when playing regs, they kept trying to kill, but I simply outran them to the no-jump zone. Was just giving it as an example of how maras who TRY fail to DO due to maras simply not being offensively OP against people who don't play turret.

Now in another topic,

Look I get it.. Yellow Is popular guy ..

Actually, he is approximately the 16th poster here and this first appearance doesn't even oppose your idea. The idea was opposed by the great majority of the posters here even before he came discussing your skills.

To be honest, besides the specific details I could assume the general picture already because you signed at the bottom of a post somewhere as a merc, and you seem fixated on giving them huge buffs while hugely nerfing the best opposition (and it wasn't the best tactical move to necro your own thread about tracer missile while this one is active, it brought many to the same conclusion far faster than each of the threads could do exclusively).

As much as I don't like the general concept of what yellow did, he merely gave us the details of a vague picture we were already starting to see. I personally never accept any statement as true simply from hearing it, so I actually choose to keep my vague picture. Admittedly, it gets suspicious when you get angry at the post rather than countering it, but your skill was never an important factor here.

I am not against YOU, I am against your request/idea/suggestion to nerf maras by 40%, and I am against your claim that the majority of players have requested it as well. That is all.

I will just drop it here:

Hi All,

As a general reminder on forum rules:

- Creating posts to simply inform others that you have reported their post is neither constructive, or on-topic, and is therefore considered inappropriate.

As always, try to remain respectful of other forum members.

Happy Posting,

CommunitySupport

Now back to the original topic of the thread:

Just looked at the parse. Currently, the best player who submitted a parse in indeed a mara who parsed 11108.72 (don't know the guy, just checked leaderboards). Take 40% of and maras can deal 6665.232, and this is the absolute best on a non-resisting dummy which doesn't kite, slow, stun or use defensives, from the best player currently. Now you have the numbers, do you truly still think the numbers suggested are appropriate?

Edited by Rafiknoll

Marauders :(

Over 90% of them are Fury. There lies the problem.

Fury has more immunity, better resource management, higher damage output, more root breakers....

you can't compare Fury with other 2 mara specs, that is just silly.

Remove Fury's immunity and it should be much much better.

Here is proof Marauder are much better dps spec than Mercs..

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847112 According to swtor

https://torcommunity.com/guides/miscellaneous/class-rankings According to Tor

Merc are between 9 - 10 on the dps standing.

Trying to bring the latest update but so far is all that came on the internet.. if someone as a more accurate update please feel free to post..

Trying to bring the latest update but so far is all that came on the internet.. if someone as a more accurate update please feel free to post..

[All numbers are from the page that YOU linked]

And the difference between the top (which, by the way, isn't the mara) and arsenal merc is 700. In other words, the difference is 6% above the merc. That is LETHALITY operative. Ever been crushed by a lethality recently? No? I can assure you I find it much harder to fight a merc than to fight a lethality op, so that alone should have proven to you that this chart is useless, but I will play your game and go ahead with the chart, because you still lose that way:

The difference between arsenal merc and Anni mara (best mara in DPS, but not the one most common in PVP) is 282, which is 3% above the merc (which means: nerf this mara by 2% to bring him down to arsenal level).

The difference between arsenal merc and fury mara (which is the the one which usually annoys in PVP due to their lots of defensives, resource management, and therefore actual damage output) is 226 IN FAVOR OF THE MERC. So you actually gotta BUFF the fury mara by 3% to get him up to the level of the arsenal merc.

Now let's assume we nerf fury mara by 40% like you request, that would make their DPS 5896.8, which is by far below the worst DPS spec and is maybe what actual tank geared tanks parse on dummies. It is a difference of 4157.2 damage between them and mercs (compare with the current differences which are less than 300 and make you complain), which would need a 70% buff to get back up to the level of arsenal merc. This is insanity.

[All numbers are from the page that YOU linked]

And the difference between the top (which, by the way, isn't the mara) and arsenal merc is 700. In other words, the difference is 6% above the merc. That is LETHALITY operative. Ever been crushed by a lethality recently? No? I can assure you I find it much harder to fight a merc than to fight a lethality op, so that alone should have proven to you that this chart is useless, but I will play your game and go ahead with the chart, because you still lose that way:

The difference between arsenal merc and Anni mara (best mara in DPS, but not the one most common in PVP) is 282, which is 3% above the merc (which means: nerf this mara by 2% to bring him down to arsenal level).

The difference between arsenal merc and fury mara (which is the the one which usually annoys in PVP due to their lots of defensives, resource management, and therefore actual damage output) is 226 IN FAVOR OF THE MERC. So you actually gotta BUFF the fury mara by 3% to get him up to the level of the arsenal merc.

Now let's assume we nerf fury mara by 40% like you request, that would make their DPS 5896.8, which is by far below the worst DPS spec and is maybe what actual tank geared tanks parse on dummies. It is a difference of 4157.2 damage between them and mercs (compare with the current differences which are less than 300 and make you complain), which would need a 70% buff to get back up to the level of arsenal merc. This is insanity.

https://i.imgur.com/GaiYJc8.jpg :rak_03:

Posts a proof that proves him wrong.... lul