Which Storylines Are the Coolest?

OSUNightfall

Obviously this is highly subjective, but what have people heard about how the various storylines stack up? I have a friend saying he heard smuggler had probably the coolest storyline in the game, but I heard someone else say agent was incredible. Again, I'm not looking for a numeric ranking here, just what people have heard about the "coolness" of the various storylines.

I tried every class in beta, but only got to 10ish to get a feel for story but... Personally, I found the Trooper to be the most interesting, from the start, with smuggler/bh close behind. Consular picked up when leaving Tython

The stories were all well written, from what I saw; they just pick up at different points.

A number of people liked the agent story. Some liked the Sith Inquisitor and others hated it, same with Consular. I played trooper to 34 and got past the chapter 1. I liked the story and it had a few twists that where cool. Try them and find out.

Edit: I also did BH, but stopped because that is my main in live. I loved the BH story, it was just cool to go after bounties.

Did consular to like 24 as well, liked the story but I have heard others do not so, take it or leave it.

Edited by Xphantom

I tried out Trooper and Agent during the two beta weekends. A friend of mine tried out the Consular and BH.

We were unable to determine which of these four was the most awesome; if you really wanted to have it ranked it probably would be like this:

Agent 100

Trooper 99.99

BH 99.98

Consular 99.97

On a scale of 1-100

interesting.

everything i heard of the trooper storyline before reading this post said it was a dud. i played a bit of it, i didnt hate it but wasnt enthralled.

besides that i got consular and knight storylines.

knight was pretty fun. there were some obvious holes that i had to overlook but besides that it was pretty great.

consular was friggin great! i enjoyed every minute of that one

As others have stated, the Trooper story is pretty interesting. It's like a modern war movie, with lots of action and betrayal. I played to about level 15 of the Imperial Agent, which is a very unique story. It makes you feel like you're James Bond. It's all about coercion, intelligence, and dry British sarcasm.

As my friend and I went with Republic to start off, I'm playing the Trooper again.

Hmm... from my limited beta-testing

Trooper, war-action-movie (in my opinion, loved it)

Imperial agent, James Bond - (flirt with everything that has a pulse, according to hubby)

Smuggler - Indiana Jones, action adventure with a fun touch (in my opinion, loved it)

Sith Warrior (LS) - Don't know how to describe it, but the story caught me all the same

These are my starter-classes so far. Gotta play them all :p

Edited by SilentKitty

I played to about 16 with IA in the Thanksgiving beta and 13 with SW. I love the Agent class and the story was unique, but the start of it on Hutta was a bit slow and didn't enthrall me a ton. The second half of Hutta and beyond after you really start the manipulation of targets was amazing.

The SW was very exciting from the start, though barely got off the start planet for them so don't know if it keeps up at that high level. Even though the story started out strong, I think the Agent starting around level 7-8 was more interesting and enjoyable of the two.

Having played every class to at least lvl 20 {except SW and IA} I have to say they were all amazing. True...some were more appealing than others, but this is a subjective opinion anyways.

Also with the light and dark choices players can explore...there is plenty of flavor. My ethical calculus limits me personally, but I did explore some darkside options with characters expected to be lightside...and it was a blast. Truth be told, I tended to find darkside progression a lot more humorous and fun in some ways {even though it conflicted with who I really am}.

In fact, I was admittedly shocked with how dark some options were. I was even concerned some elements would be changed as they might offend certain peoples sensibilities. The first toon I ever made was a BH and going all dark left me laughing so hard it hurt. It has been several build since I played a BH and I sincerely hope nothing was changed {softened}...as some choices were indeed "dark" lol.

Edited by Urantia