Answer me this Tracer Missle/Grav Round Spammers

il-jumper

Why can you spam TM/GR without any heat/ammo problems?

Other classes have to use 1 normal attack due to energy problem after EACH skill

Why is TM/GR Kinetic Damage?

Pure DPS Classes have Physical damage on their main skill, which get deflected and dodged to oblivion.

TM/GR needs to be fixed to be comparable with other skills. Be it buffing the other skills or fixing TM/GR

TM/GR should be physical damage, and costs more heat/ammo so you need to use actucally use non heat/ammo attack.

It does cost 16 heat/whatever ammo.

Which is high enough for a spam-attack.

And comparing it to snipe/charged burst is wrong.

It's not the fact that GR/TM is OP, it's the fact that snipe/charged burst is probably the most useless skill in the class' arsenal.

Edited by Strah

Commandos / Mercenaries DO have to use a basic shot between TMS / GRs, but perhaps not to as great extent as Energy users.

This is because Mercs / Commandos have a talent that reduce the Heat / Ammo cost of GR / TM from 25 to 16, and a talent that has 100% chance to vent heat / generate ammo on GR / TM crit, on a 3 second cooldown. Both of these talents make TM / GR very spam friendly.

Edited by Divinism

It does cost 16 heat/whatever ammo.

Which is high enough for a spam-attack.

And comparing it to snipe/charged burst is wrong.

It's not the fact that GR/TM is OP, it's the fact that snipe/charged burst is probably the most useless skill in the class' arsenal.

I'm sorry but other classes spam attack cost 20 energy.

No, i'm saying that snipe/charged burst is a piece of crap, and you should not compare it to tm/gr.

I'm sorry but Snipe/Charged Blast is the main skill of Sniper/Gunslinger which needs to be spammed to get procs too.

Edited by il-jumper

I'm sorry but Snipe/Charged Blast is the main skill of Sniper/Gunslinger which procs skills too.

That's why MM/SS spec is broken.

Which is the reason why you should spec lethality/it's GS alternative, which provides higher dps/mobility and scaling.

Why can you spam TM/GR without any heat/ammo problems?

Other classes have to use 1 normal attack due to energy problem after EACH skill

Why is TM/GR Kinetic Damage?

Pure DPS Classes have Physical damage on their main skill, which get deflected and dodged to oblivion.

TM/GR needs to be fixed to be comparable with other skills. Be it buffing the other skills or fixing TM/GR

TM/GR should be physical damage, and costs more heat/ammo so you need to use actucally use non heat/ammo attack.

We get heat issues if we just spam this OVER AND OVER like you say. Someone who spams TM/GR only isn't using his class to his full potential. Yes, we use TM alot, but there's reasons behind that. Yes, we use Rapid Shots inbetween to help with heat. As for our dmg types, we have only 2. Tech (which is our missles) and Ranged (Blaster abilities). Yes, our Tech abilities have a higher accuracy and alot of our PvP gear has accuracy on it which in turn, increases helps us negate any extra defenses you have over 105%.

I can go more indepth on why we use GR/TM more than all of our other abilities, but then this'll turn into a wall of text. So please, at least do a little bit of research into our talent tree's first before you start QQing about TR/GM spammers.

If you do nothing but spam Tracer/Gravity you are really really bad at your class, and if you die to someone doing that you are even worse. What you should be doing is tracer, tracer, tracer, HEATSEEKER ((Which btw does more damage then tracer missile.)), tracer, tracer, RAILSHOT (( Again, more damage then tracer missile)), throw out unload on procs.

What people fail to understand is we have NO CHOICE but to use the move between Heatseekers and Railshots, since it builds up the buff to them. Trust me, I would LOVE IT if powershot did the same thing as tracer missile, I could actually use my guns, and you know what... powershot also hits harder then tracer missile. So go ahead, share the buff between the two, and nerf tracer missile, I will gladly start using powershot which hits quite a bit harder and then you can be happy the tracer missile spam is gone. :)

Edited by Malecht

I'm sorry but Snipe/Charged Blast is the main skill of Sniper/Gunslinger which needs to be spammed to get procs too.

and so your 15 second skill(ambush)does 5-6k where our 15second skill does 4k,and you have one instant snipe each time that u go on covert,and other skill with only 6 second cd and near to free when we have high impact bolt on 15 secon cd,sorry but i have sniper 50 and comando 50 and both class are mirror at 100 % only that comandos havent the finisher that sniper have.

by mirror i meaning that both have one no cd skill,one 15 second skill,one channeled,and other skill(sniper on 6 second and comando on 15 sec)

the sniper does way more damage but i agree with you that they have more resource problem that the comando but i can say you that both does the same dps(i can tell u 100 % because we havent parses)

Edited by prochuvi

That's why MM/SS spec is broken.

Which is the reason why you should spec lethality/it's GS alternative, which provides higher dps/mobility and scaling.

Unsure of the meaning of your statement, but I am reading it as you are basically telling snipers to stop complaining about a broken tree and leave it be. After we stop complaining, we should switch to a spec that is easily countered by a simple dispel and is less energy efficient than the Marksman tree.

In doing so, we do not have to deal with as much defensive stats, waste a lot of energy attempting to kill targets, and still do poor damage when our dots get dispelled.

I'd rather see the marksman tree get some viable changes to help alleviate the damage difference we have to deal with. If only marksmans could self-buff to ignore 55% of our target's armor with all of our attacks... :rolleyes:

and so your 15 second skill(ambush)does 5-6k where our 15second skill does 4k,and you have one instant snipe each time that u go on covert,and other skill with only 6 second cd and enar tof ree when we have high impact bolt on 15 secon cd,sorry but i have sniper 50 and comando 50 and both class are mirror at 100 % only that comandos havent the finisher that sniper have.

by mirror i meaning that both have one no cd skill,one 15 second skill,one channeled,and other skill(sniper on 6 second and comando on 15 sec)

the sniper does way more damage but i agree with you that they have more resource problem that the comando by i can say you that both does the same dps(i can tell u 100 % because we havent parses)

I have yet to see ambush ever do 5k damage, and most of the time it does ZERO.

ZERO, because its physical

and so your 15 second skill(ambush)does 5-6k where our 15second skill does 4k,and you have one instant snipe each time that u go on covert,and other skill with only 6 second cd and enar tof ree when we have high impact bolt on 15 secon cd,sorry but i have sniper 50 and comando 50 and both class are mirror at 100 % only that comandos havent the finisher that sniper have.

the sniper does way more damage but i agree with you that they have more resource problem that the comando by i can say you that both does the same dps(i can tell u 100 % because we havent parses)

Ambush has a 2.5 base cast time. Heat-Seekers is instant cast. Logically, heat-seekers should deal less damage. However, that is not the case.

Ambush may crit for 5-6k on a light armored target if it lands and the player buffed up with adrenal/expertise consumable and relic. Heat Seekers can do the same to medium armored target, be instant cast and not have to worry about being deflected.

I would say that we would see more 5-6k ambush crits if we had the ability to ignore 55% of our targets armor just like the mercs/commandos can.

Edited by Trashfactory

I have yet to see ambush ever do 5k damage, and most of the time it does ZERO.

ZERO, because its physical

im speaking about pve but if you are speaking about pvp then i can tell you that my first target are sorcerers/sages and when tehy are the 70 % of population u havent problem to find them,they cant dodge you and they have low defense,try target them pop cd and u gonna see 5k.

and btw if u are speakign about pvp u could tell us also that comando get one minute cd stun,one knowback and nothing more where with my sniper i have:

inmune to charges.

45 sec cd stun

15 sec cd root for 2-5 second

aoe mezz instant for 8 second and one minute cd

35 meters rangue where trooper have 30

aoe buuble

shield of 1k-2k on low cd

inmune for 3 second onlow cd

i really dont know why every gunslinger or sniper is crying,they are pretty perfect after the last patch

first of all, being lvl 10 and enter on a BG isnt being 50.

second, i have a 50 gunslinger, not a lvl 10, we have 100 energy, or 110.

our spameable skill hits for 1k, crits for less than 2k and cost 20% of our resource

troper one hit for 1500 and crits for 3k, and only cost 1.45 bullet( 2bullet with talent and only one if it do critics, everyone have 40% crits, and u have the BEST gear effect so 55% critic), yes they are balanced.

second the 15 secs coldown one hits for 1500, and critics for 2k-3500 i dont care about troper one, but i have seen videos that they do 7k hit( i suposse that with some cds bla bla, so the skill should crit for at least 4k) yes balanced.

ALL gunslinger dmg is white so, it always do 30-50% less dmg on pve( on pvp it do even less) where trooper one have yellow dmg on most of the skill.

and as someone said our skills can be dodged, parried, bloked etc, where troper one go trought every defense on the game.

Ambush has a 2.5 base cast time. Heat-Seekers is instant cast. Logically, heat-seekers should deal less damage. However, that is not the case.

Ambush may crit for 5-6k on a light armored target if it lands and the player buffed up with adrenal/expertise consumable and relic. Heat Seekers can do the same to medium armored target, be instant cast and not have to worry about being deflected.

I would say that we would see more 5-6k ambush crits if we had the ability to ignore 55% of our targets armor just like the mercs/commandos can.

heat seekers with full adrenal etc max is 4500 and on light armor because if u dont know it it is kinetik damage(trooper skill.i dont know about the BH)ye sit is yellow damage but it is mitigatd by defense so it si the same that ambush only that ours cant be bloked/parry/dodged and btw your ambush is on 1,5 sec cd(with talent after one critical on spam skill)so ti si the same that instant.

btw why nobody tell here that comando gunnery have to be 70 % of the time casting and if we are interrupted we are screw when snipers are inmune to interrupt?

im speaking about pve but if you are speaking about pvp then i can tell you that my first target are sorcerers/sages and when tehy are the 70 % of population u havent problem to find them,they cant dodge you and they have low defense,try target them pop cd and u gonna see 5k.

and btw if u are speakign about pvp u could tell us also that comando get one minute cd stun,one knowback and nothing more where with my sniper i have:

inmune to charges.

45 sec cd stun

15 sec cd root for 2-5 second

aoe mezz instant for 8 second and one minute cd

35 meters rangue where trooper have 30

aoe buuble

shield of 1k-2k on low cd

inmune for 3 second onlow cd

i really dont know why every gunslinger or sniper is crying,they are pretty perfect after the last patch

Again you don'tk now what you talking about.

Sage/Sorcerors got a lightsaber, they can and will deflect white damage.

Unsure of the meaning of your statement, but I am reading it as you are basically telling snipers to stop complaining about a broken tree and leave it be. After we stop complaining, we should switch to a spec that is easily countered by a simple dispel and is less energy efficient than the Marksman tree.

In doing so, we do not have to deal with as much defensive stats, waste a lot of energy attempting to kill targets, and still do poor damage when our dots get dispelled.

I'd rather see the marksman tree get some viable changes to help alleviate the damage difference we have to deal with. If only marksmans could self-buff to ignore 55% of our target's armor with all of our attacks... :rolleyes:

You can complain as much as you want, i don't think it's going to help, you're just going to get flamed.

MM is broken in pvp, every battlemaster sniper, including myself knows that and that's why i'm playing my sentinel until they buff sniper ( making snipe/ambush/FT tech damage and making lethality immune to dispel.)

first of all, being lvl 10 and enter on a BG isnt being 50.

second, i have a 50 gunslinger, not a lvl 10, we have 100 energy, or 110.

our spameable skill hits for 1k, crits for less than 2k and cost 20% of our resource

troper one hit for 1500 and crits for 3k, and only cost 1.45 bullet( 2bullet with talent and only one if it do critics, everyone have 40% crits, and u have the BEST gear effect so 55% critic), yes they are balanced.

second the 15 secs coldown one hits for 1500, and critics for 2k-3500 i dont care about troper one, but i have seen videos that they do 7k hit( i suposse that with some cds bla bla, so the skill should crit for at least 4k) yes balanced.

ALL gunslinger dmg is white so, it always do 30-50% less dmg on pve( on pvp it do even less) where trooper one have yellow dmg on most of the skill.

and as someone said our skills can be dodged, parried, bloked etc, where troper one go trought every defense on the game.

im sorry but i have one gunslinger at lvl 14 and all this is garbage.

at lvl 10 on warfronts i am doing 1400 only with criticals with the no cost skill.

1.5 sec skill is doing 1500-2700,2,5 sec skill is doing 2200-4200

and all this with lvl 14,no stim,no cooldown so dont lie plz

and btw the video of trooper doing 7k wasnt gunnery but continue with your lies

im sorry but i have one gunslinger at lvl 14 and all this is garbage.

at lvl 10 on warfronts i am doing 1400 only with criticals with the no cost skill.

1.5 sec skill is doing 1500-2700,2,5 sec skill is doing 2200-4200

and all this with lvl 14,no stim,no cooldown so dont lie plz

and btw the video of trooper doing 7k wasnt gunnery but continue with your lies

yes, a lvl 50 is liying where a lvl 15 no. ok.

and i see snipers-gunslinger above everyone on every BG because we are so broken.... no wait, i se BH-troopers first on 90% BG ok.

second, i dont see ANY post conplaining about the OVERPOWER that snipers-gunslingers are on forum. but i see A LOT OF THEM conplaining about BH-troopers being too OP while being the easiest class on game. so sure.

i only posted my numbers because some people could wana know the real numbers so i wont post again, happy cry :o