how to beat emperor

chardav

It was bugged for me. I lagged and got killed very fast the first round. Respawned and he was on his throne. I healed > stood up > saber throw > cutscene.

Like a boss.

I sent in a ticket. You might not get that lucky.

He has one really nasty spell , not sure whats its called but it will basicly one shot you .

I was helping my sentinel friend when all of sudden he went flying across the room and died. I wasnt sure which one was the emperor as i was healing t7 .

So i picked one that was out of the pack a bit threw a few spells at him then aoed a bit , then it suddenly ended with the emperor on the throne.

Look over in the class JK forums , i saw a thread there and how some people soloed him.

First thing you do Target the emperor

use saber throw, this will get his fat *** off the throne.

than use the AOE taunt ability ( cant remember what that ability called) but it gets about 6 targets to focus on you.

than you use Force Sweep and Cycolone Slash, that will kill all the illusions.

than you focus on the emperor, and interupt any nasty attacks.

and repeat the process till he is dead.

• 2 months later...
I had a really hard time with this fight personally. I hadn't used T7 since mid-way through Coruscant and hadn't upgraded his gear. I'm pretty sure T7 was still using his original main-hand weapon even. Needless to say he was of almost no help. Anyhow a to finish off the Emperor I eventually broke down to using on my old bounty Hunter tricks. You know the pillars at the top of the stairs? You can actually just use those to repeatedly break line of sight with the Emperor once he starts using his big attacks and that always interrupts his casts even if you kick/force push/Stasis is on cooldown.

• 1 month later...

I just beat the Emperor (I'm a Sentinel,) and I did it in a way that made T7 useful. After dying five or six times and paying for the medical droid's kid's college education, I set T7 to the shield setting where his threat generation becomes 100% (don't remember the name, but on my companion bar, it was the third one over, next to the "just follow me" setting.) Doing that caused the Emperor to ignore me while I beat upon him. Of course, T7 didn't go the distance, despite my fairly effective (for me) use of interrupts, but it was enough time for me to get the Emperor down in health pretty low before he started shooting his lightning at me.

Don't know if that will work for everyone, but it worked for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it's because I was level 50 and had gotten the free set of Recruit gear, but with my Jedi Guardian it was incredibly easy to defeat the Emperor.

No tricks, just good old-fashioned lightsaber dueling.

Then again, Old Jedi Master Kyril might just be that much of a bad*ss.

Edited by HellbirdIV

• 7 months later...
Stay focused on the Emperor. Keep him targeted. Ignore the illusions running around you.

Interrupt his channels. Kick, Stasis, Awe, Force Push, leap...any and all that you can bring to bear on him.

Best advice here ignore the Adds...this makes it super easy the battle is won before you know it. Also do not worry about interrupting anything but his 1 shot attack 'force smash' or whatever its called

Best advice here ignore the Adds...this makes it super easy the battle is won before you know it. Also do not worry about interrupting anything but his 1 shot attack 'force smash' or whatever its called

I think the name of that power is "force blast" and it will take about 3 or 4 seconds for the Emperor to channel it. If he successfully channel it then it will cause about 40k hit points of damage killing you instantly.

Stick him with the glowy end of your lightsaber

^This.

Most of the time people die because they're sticking the dopplegangers with the glowy end of their saber. Ignore them. When he's beaten they vanish.

Just use autotarget as he summons them to make sure you've got him selected then burn him down - and interrupt Force Smash/Blast.