Collectors edition vendor

belizar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CE vendor was the bait that made a lot of people bite the hook and buy the CE, me included. I don't think it would be to hard to update the CE vendor at all, It seams as though once EA had the extra cash from CE buyers they wasn't realy interested in updating the CE vendor.

we had this topic a couple of times on the german board too and we got 2 yellow responds:

1. They dont want the gap between ce users and normal user to get to big.

2. They never said a specific time frame in which the ce store will be updated.

Besides that, on the last video they talked about the ce store. the result was that they talked about the ce store in december without any plans made and will talk about it january again.

Edited by Neglience

Ok, so not only am I bitter, I'm feeling a little sad now. It's like they just done care.

And that is really what it boils down to. The players that bought into their cool little video are just not important enough. And it's not entitlement by any means, it's just that it has been so long and not even one item has been added when promised. I understand priorities change as the climate of the game changes, but to seriously abandon the vendor for such ventures as the Cartel market is insulting. How hard would it have been with each Cartel market item releases to add a few items to the CE Vendor?

The funny thing is, everyone who bought the CE are avid fans and those still around are the ones holding out for a better game and are most likely some of your most loyal players. It is disheartening to see some of the choices they have made to a game I like to play. Sometimes it is the little things that count too.

Edited by Sleprock

And that is really what it boils down to. The players that bought into their cool little video are just not important enough. And it's not entitlement by any means, it's just that it has been so long and not even one item has been added when promised. I understand priorities change as the climate of the game changes, but to seriously abandon the vendor for such ventures as the Cartel market is insulting. How hard would it have been with each Cartel market item releases to add a few items to the CE Vendor?

The funny thing is, everyone who bought the CE are avid fans and those still around are the ones holding out for a better game and are most likely some of your most loyal players. It is disheartening to see some of the choices they have made to a game I like to play. Sometimes it is the little things that count too.

I have to completely agree with this statement.

I'm sure there's someone with a job to make Cartel Market items (probably a whole team).

There in lies the problem. Why would BW spend time and money programming something for the CE vendor that only CE players could buy when they can make a cartel coin item that they can sell for real money to anyone who wants it.

I'm a CE player as well, but I have given up hope on him ever being updated again. Despite the fact that BW said he would be.

I'm a CE player as well, but I have given up hope on him ever being updated again. Despite the fact that BW said he would be.

i would say, there will be an "awesome, going to die for" update with the first real expansion, so they can advertise the expansion ce with this really cool ce-store :D

Edited by Neglience

Whoa. What happened? Almost a year later...

It's almost like he had barely enough time to type "yes" before his heathen EA overlord lashed him on the back as they passed by his cubical.

"MEESA DA ROOLER HERE...BOOGA BOOGA..."

"Yes sir".

Fast forward to cartel market grand opening:

"Why are all of these CE vendor items in this slideshow for the market?"

"MEESA KNOW OF NO SUCH TING. MESSA NO CARE FOR DOSE FODDER. HOO HOO HOO HOO."

Edited by Sleprock

It's almost like he had barely enough time to type "yes" before his heathen EA overlord lashed him on the back as they passed by his cubical.

"MEESA DA ROOLER HERE...BOOGA BOOGA..."

"Yes sir".

Fast forward to cartel market grand opening:

"Why are all of these CE vendor items in this slideshow for the market?"

"MEESA KNOW OF NO SUCH TING. MESSA NO CARE FOR DOSE FODDER. HOO HOO HOO HOO."

How fast they can pump out things to the Cartel Shop, they should have been able to throw something --- anything on the CE vendor. But Empire Arts obviously sent word from the Emperor to not allow it.

No more items in order not to increase the gap between VIPs and normal edition users? What gap? That's all cosmetics. What about gaps between Cartel Market customers (running around in their 15 quid armor set) and players using gear from PvE? That's not reasonable reason.

I agree. It is such a sad excuse they used. God forbid people who payed a little extra to support the game get a few unique items from a vendor which was said to be updated occasionally.

I'm surprised the fanboiz haven't stormed the gates defending EA yet. I say EA because I know alot of this isn't Bioware's fault. They, like many other great things, were gobbled up by Companies who couldn't bleed an ounce of pride.

I agree. It is such a sad excuse they used. God forbid people who payed a little extra to support the game get a few unique items from a vendor which was said to be updated occasionally.

I'm surprised the fanboiz haven't stormed the gates defending EA yet. I say EA because I know alot of this isn't Bioware's fault. They, like many other great things, were gobbled up by Companies who couldn't bleed an ounce of pride.

But that's what we paid extra for. We paid for few extra items to be developed for our money.

If you guys haven't figured out already that BioWare suckered us all, then you really are blind to the truth.

I bought the CE as well, the first time I ever bought one for a game. It will be the last thing I buy from BioWare, that is for sure. I won't even play for free after my sub dies on the 13th. Hickman's 'letter' was also just another ruse in this game to hype people up with empty promises and falsehoods. So much expected, so much also promised - nothing seen. He speaks of the road map for the year of 2013. Does that include running the car off the side of the cliff?

Shame.

Seeing the lack of CE store updates is disappointing, however I am still happy with my CE purchase, as I bought it for the physical items, not the digital ones, those were just bonuses on top for me.

Correct. For you. I like digital items and being able to distinguish myself from other players and for me the digital vendor was the core. And the updates for it were part of the CE advertising.

Seeing the lack of CE store updates is disappointing, however I am still happy with my CE purchase, as I bought it for the physical items, not the digital ones, those were just bonuses on top for me.

i got it for bought. thought there might be some fun/cool stuff in the ce store

i got it for bought. thought there might be some fun/cool stuff in the ce store

The only digital item that I've really used is the mount anyways, rest is sitting in the bank.

I was looking forward to seeing some unique cool items in the future for the CE store, so it's a shame that never happened.