Get rid of Jung'Ma server

Freeyayo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw what server are you on TUX? Never played with/against you in SWG.

POT5...and I can confirm that it's most certainly declining. I would love a merge...I PvP, GSF and PvE...all 3 queues are taking longer and longer...

I say merge all NA servers and make one east, one west. There is nothing different about any servers, besides the PvP flag in OW. Since OW is a joke, just turn it off. I know the gankers will shed tears, but its time...

A lotta truth to this...those who want to flag, still will...those that want to gank, will exploit loopholes and force PvEers to tears with their tricks...

I just hope something happens soon.

Well maybe they'll offer free xfers to yall.

I am in penumbral with Lord Sran- yes the population of the guild is accurate. And I don't count my self as a pvp'er- there I said it. I pvp alot I am in a pvp guild to raid with them. They ( the guild ) are nice people, they have a strong community and actually care. They actually try to get the community active for various events. And they ALWAYS have groups queing and RPing. So I don't know where the OP got his information, but its clearly inacurtate.

Crinn is a legend on pug side- hes been around for ages so don't take his thoughts as a noob . I am a refugee from ajunta pall. Crinn is right all my friends got sent to Jung Ma and quit. Here there is a second voice to what a merge would do. Jung Ma has a good community- and if they ever close this server I won't go to a pvp sever. Ill pay to have all 16 of my toons transfered to harbringer. Do as crinn suggested post this thread on the Jung Ma sever forums and expect the wrath that will follow.

Oh does any one remember when server transfers were available a bit a go? Half of the so called "dedicated " pvp guilds such as immortal. credit shot, spectere and so on left Jung Ma for more pvp on POT5. I laughed my a@@ off when they transfered back because they didn't like the new competition. The grass is always greener on the other side? So OP stop being a cheap @#$#@ and pay the 20 buck and go there and get farmed for coms. Ty.

Crinn is a legend on pug side- hes been around for ages so don't take his thoughts as a noob . I am a refugee from ajunta pall. Crinn is right all my friends got sent to Jung Ma and quit. Here there is a second voice to what a merge would do.

I'm a legend? Why didn't anyone tell me?!:confused:

Jung Ma has a good community

Amen

yea i know people want a larger population to pvp against but merging jung ma with POT5 is not the answer. Two completely different mentalities that would not mix at all.

stuff like this, btw, is why cross server is so important. there are legitimate and valid reasons to prefer to play on jung ma, and legitimate reasons why someone would prefer pot5, merging the two would create a higher populated, but overall worse server for both parties.

yea i know people want a larger population to pvp against but merging jung ma with POT5 is not the answer. Two completely different mentalities that would not mix at all.

stuff like this, btw, is why cross server is so important. there are legitimate and valid reasons to prefer to play on jung ma, and legitimate reasons why someone would prefer pot5, merging the two would create a higher populated, but overall worse server for both parties.

I understand this fear, but I think it's 100% misplaced. People need to not have their feelings hurt so easily by d-bags...nobody but other d-bags think they're funny. I DESPISE bad behavior and I think separating playstyles like this way is the wrong way to do it.

I don't understand why that would be the case. What mentality are you speaking of? I have never RP, but damn, there is an ignore button, and just because you move don't mean you break the bonds that are already forged on Jung Ma..

If the community is this strong then moving should be a nonissue....

I'm a legend? Why didn't anyone tell me?!:confused:

There's a good pvp guild called <I am Legend> on POT5, unless they've all bailed. I'm sure they'd welcome you as The Chosen One, and you'd have excellent RP opportunities in gen and WZ ops with Sir Copperfield and Sir Marty.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I don't understand why that would be the case. What mentality are you speaking of? I have never RP, but damn, there is an ignore button, and just because you move don't mean you break the bonds that are already forged on Jung Ma..

If the community is this strong then moving should be a nonissue....

I have never played on Jung Ma before, so I don't claim to know anything specific about the strength of its community, or how its low population affects the people who play on it. The only thing I can really go off of are the people on Jung Ma who posted in this thread, and as far as I can tell, a pretty significant portion of their population would not be happy with a merger with POT5.

Can't say I blame them either, POT5 is an absolute cesspit, and anyone who has played there and tells you it isn't is straight up lying. I can live with the fact that the intelligence level of the average POT5 player is lower than every other server by far because its the only one which actually facilitates ranked PvP content, but nobody should be forcibly moved to that server because the community really is that bad.

Also, I should point out, as many people have before me, that if you are truly unsatisfied with what Jung Ma offers as a server, then you can reroll or transfer to a server that better suits your needs. Personally, I did it twice. I rolled a character on The Fatman (now POT5) when every single server in the game besides that and JC were dead, and then transferred several toons to POT5 when they opened up the character transfer system. And if I recall, this is what a couple ranked teams from Jung Ma actually did recently.

If Bioware ever decides that the population on Jung Ma is too low, then they will do what they did to the European RP servers, which is give people the option to choose between transferring to an RP PvE server or a PvP server. I'm not sure how bad the population on Jung Ma is, because like I said, I've never played there, so this could be something they do anywhere from tomorrow to 5 years from now, but clearly, given the response from a number of players from Jung Ma, simply merging the server into POT5 is not the best option.

I understand the hesitance from the Jung Ma community when it comes to a merge. It's true that the servers are entirely different in their mentality and approach to the game. Obviously pot5 is a hardcore pvp server. Jung Ma on the other hand is the by-product of the first ever pvp-rp server and a previous merger with a pve server. In reality Jung Ma is a rp server with a wrong title.

Because Jung Ma has failed utterly as a pvp server Idon't think it should be regarded as a pvp server in the first place. The vibe I get on Juna Ma is that pvpers aren't serious about pvp, and they're fine with that, time to go raid. Jung Ma exists as a haven for people who aren't trying to compete against the best, who aren't looking for top competition, and just want to be with friends. It should stay that way.

It's probably not fair to force them to merge with one of the best pvp servers in the game. But something has to be done to address the complete lack ranked on Jung Ma.

Grant everyone a single free transfer. That way if someone wants to bring their top toon to a higher level of play and start doing ranked they can, while still maintaining some of their toons on Jung Ma. That's what I've done, and even though I'll be transferring back to pot5 because I miss my sorc, I understand why people would want to stay.

Jung Ma on the other hand is the by-product of the first ever pvp-rp server and a previous merger with a pve server. In reality Jung Ma is a rp server with a wrong title.

No PvE server was ever merged into Jung Ma.

Not please be quiet you obviously know nothing at all about what your speaking of.

I like Jung'ma. I'm not a rated arena junkie (had enough of that in wow) and I tend to just play regulars on my lowbies. Imps are pretty good in ground warzones but lag behind in gsf. At peak hours a pvp queue will pop under 1-5 minutes. Jung is weird though, you can get insta poops for hours then get nothing for 45 minutes.

It has it's ********** gen trolls, but what server does not?

I say merge all NA servers and make one east, one west.

Why?

No, not why merge.

Why make East and West separate?

The effect on lag is negligible, and timezone separation is the worst thing for servers, making them bustling in primetime yet empty the rest of the time. And primetime population is fine everywhere, it's rest of the time that people complain about.

Anyone who replies to this thread with something like "If you don't like you can pay the 20 bucks and leave" should not be replying at all. That response proves you have no real answer at all because you're missing the point of my post. @ Prenumbral (as if your guild matters): I was on POT5 recently I loved the pvp there (ranked and regular). I was only there to test the waters. In end I came back because I knew I would miss my friends on Jung'Ma. This isn't a whine/complaint thread. I enjoy this game and I enjoy my server. I enjoy playing with old and new friends I've made from multiple guilds. I want them all with me if I were to leave. So don't tell me to "just leave". Obviously I can't make everyone else with their guild ties and what not come with me. I'm posting these threads to get a post from BW, and not the typical "We have no plans" response. What I'm proposing is basically this (from a player's perspective): 1) Log off SWTOR for the night. 2) Go to sleep. 3) Wake up. 4) Go to work. 5) Come home from work. 6) Log on SWTOR. 7) "Oh look at that the name of my server changed and there's more people. Interesting" 8) Go about playing the game like you always did with no real new changes/obstacles. The only issue is player names of course. I would hate to change mine. But anyone complaining that this would be bad is just.....I don't even know......full of crap I guess.

Why?

No, not why merge.

Why make East and West separate?

The effect on lag is negligible, and timezone separation is the worst thing for servers, making them bustling in primetime yet empty the rest of the time. And primetime population is fine everywhere, it's rest of the time that people complain about.

Well I could agree with that. Anything to increase POP so we can hopefully get a working matchmaking system in place.

Your completely missing the point, you don't just have servers merged and everyone continues on as if nothing changed.

We have already done mergers before and it wrecks everything. Nearly all of the guilds off of the origin servers ceased to exist for very long in most cases, and as I stated earlier many of us lost nearly our entire friends list.

One does not simply merge servers.

But I guess you where not around for the last merges.

Besides you have no right to screw those of us who want to play on Jung Ma as it is just to convenience you.

*snip* Obviously pot5 is a hardcore pvp server. *snip*

You'd think so, but much of the hardcore PVPers shoved off a while back. The majority of activity is end game PVE and reg PVP, with regs being pretty diverse. You're likely to get PVE-focused teammates and super casuals queuing most of the week. Tuesday is the only firm exception.

I was being a wise *** earlier in this thread but seriously if a merger happened would be glad to see it. Whether RP would fit comfortably without server "mechanics" changes I can't say for certain since I've never RP'ed and don't have that perspective.

But POT5 isn't what it used to be. Homeworld and fleet chats are full of bad trolling and ********, but other planets are usually pretty quiet. For the most part it seems to be F2P stumbling around and subs speed leveling alts.

Edited by Joesixxpack

People on JM don't play ranked because the mentality of most people (I assume, because I'm only basing this on my own feelings) that play on an RP-PvP server isn't conducive to 4 man death matching. We don't like it. It destroys anything resembling immersion. Oh, and BTW, it's not effing fun.

People on JM pvp in regular warzones because it's fun. It feels like war.

Since the craptastic engine handles open world like a nun handles a blowbang we're stuck with Warzones.

Besides, we have no plans............