Can you reverse-engineer purple items to get orange items?

novatar

I don't believe there are any 'purple' or 'orange' armor shells or weapons/offhands in the game that can be reverse engineered to learn a schematic. If there are, the item would show a green text "research available" when hovering over it in your inventory with reverse engineer active.

Devs, please add the ability to reverse engineer green-purple items into oranges.

I only say this because there are a few unique greens that drop that have no orange equivalent but I love the look. All outfits on the game should have an orange possible for those of us who like end-game dress up.

Devs, please add the ability to reverse engineer green-purple items into oranges.

I only say this because there are a few unique greens that drop that have no orange equivalent but I love the look. All outfits on the game should have an orange possible for those of us who like end-game dress up.

/agreed

My advice on this is to get specific - which pieces you like the most - post them in the suggestion forum as possible CM gear.

As far as I recall, the only artifact shells that could be RE'd for schematics was the war hero pvp gear (you could buy battlemaster schematics iirc). Don't think you could ever RE tionese/columi/rakata/campaign/dread guard shells for schems and certainly nothing post 2.0. I guess when they decided to add augmentation kits to the game they decided being able to craft shells to get the augment slots wasn't needed anymore.

EDIT: it may still be possible to learn schematics from the crafted war hero gear you can buy from other crafters off the GTN. If it is, it would likely only be possible after it is bound and you've put item modifications in it, just like other end-game gearing works (like learning the schematics for the artifice end game color crystals)

Not like we needed another reminder of why crafting in this game is a side game/second class citizen, but there it is.

Edited by phalczen

INFACT you can Learn Schematics for Arkanian, UnderWrold & Dread Froged Armor shells If you Are lucky (Synthweaving & Armormech). If you're a Armstech you should be able to Learn the Schematics ARK, UW, DF weapons but I'm not 100% sure for sabers though.

Edit Dread Forged Armor remain [Purple] (Artifact item) but will be a Bind when equipedwhen u learn it.

Edited by Phelnis