Favourite and least favourite flashpoints

Which of the flashpoints currently in the game are your favourite/least favourite and why? Have any of the recent releases replaced old staples?

My personal favourite for story is probably still the Esseles. Yes, all those conversations get a bit tedious once you're doing it for the 20th time, but having all those slightly branching story options is pretty damn cool the first couple of times.

For mechanics, Colicoid War Game really stood out to me with its wacky puzzles. D7 and Lost Island both have a great combination of story and epic boss encounters.

When it comes to least favourites, I don't have any flashpoints I actively dislike, but I thought that both the Czerka ones were pretty bland. Also, Red Reaper always struck me as a lot of wasted potential - such an interesting story introduction, and then there's never even any dialogue in the actual flashpoint. A missed opportunity IMO.

List of all flashpoints under the spoiler tag because there are enough that it can be hard to remember them all off the top of your head:

The Esseles

The Black Talon

Hammer Station

Athiss

Mandalorian Raiders

Cademimu

Taral V

Boarding Party

Maelstrom Prison

The Foundry

Colicoid War Game

Red Reaper

Directive 7

Battle of Ilum

False Emperor

Kaon Under Siege

Lost Island

Czerka Corporate Labs

Czerka Core Meltdown

Kuat Drive Yards

Assault on Tython

Korriban Incursion

Of them all I think I enjoy the "jedi prisoner" series of FPs - Taral V and Maelstrom Prison on the Republic side and the Foundry on the Imperial side - the best. Probably because of the ties in.

As to least favorite, it's a toss up between Collicoid War Games and Red Reaper. While the first event of CWG is different than everything else, IMO it is not very interesting. And the opening area in RR is too prone to groups wiping; unless you have a group of patient veteran players chances are VERY good there will be several deaths due to being overrun.

First one is by faaaaaaaaaaaaar False Emperor. I love that one. The Foundry, too. I also admit that Red Reaper is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Least favourites are Czerka Core Meltdown, Colicoid War Games and KDY.

From the FPs added in 2.7, I prefer Korriban over Tython for both sides.

The new 2.7 invasion FPS are great, the Revan related FPS on both ends of the fence are great, the rhakghoul FPs are also cool. Despise Esseles, love Black Talon. Hate Colicoid. Love red reaper but hate the bugs. Don't like Athiss, Hammer, Cademimu, Mando Raiders, or the Czerkas too much. Malgus related FPs are also great.

Why do people keep saying Lost Island HM requires thinking, or is any way fun?

To this day, you can know exactly what to do and the mechanics for the platform boss will still bug out on you causing a wipe, or forcing you to reset the entire instance. It's a stupid instance, and always has been.

I HATE HM CAD!!!!! Not so much for the story or the difficulty of boss, but the mechanics taught me to never PUG this one. Seriously. If people aren't listening / are undergeared / just plain are awful, you will lose. I can't do a GF with this one unless I have guildies b/c 9/10 times, the people who join are 1) Continually getting arrested, 2) Are getting destroyed by ugnaughts when they could just hop on the bloody ship and take no damage, and C) Do not have a single clue about calling for shackles or will just stay under the flames. This one is too much for the novice FP runner.

Why do people keep saying Lost Island HM requires thinking, or is any way fun?

To this day, you can know exactly what to do and the mechanics for the platform boss will still bug out on you causing a wipe, or forcing you to reset the entire instance. It's a stupid instance, and always has been.

I have not ever encountered that bug in several tens of runs of LI-HM.

I HATE HM CAD!!!!! Not so much for the story or the difficulty of boss, but the mechanics taught me to never PUG this one. Seriously. If people aren't listening / are undergeared / just plain are awful, you will lose. I can't do a GF with this one unless I have guildies b/c 9/10 times, the people who join are 1) Continually getting arrested, 2) Are getting destroyed by ugnaughts when they could just hop on the bloody ship and take no damage, and C) Do not have a single clue about calling for shackles or will just stay under the flames. This one is too much for the novice FP runner.

AMEN! Also, I suck at it. Apologies to the patient guys who ran the thing with me; Gottulf, on TRE tonight. The flames, the flames...

Cheers

As someone said, I like Esseles for the story and nostalgia. Directive 7 can be pretty fun. False Emperor is one of my favorites, for that feeling of invincibility you feel at around level 49-50 when you first get it.

I dislike KDY very much, because of its tactical nature.

Excluding FPs which only have Tactical version (so far), my least favorite is Czerka Core Meltdown. The Desert boss is more or less OK; however, the Jungle boss is probably the most annoying boss ever, and the Vigilant is long and tedious for no reason - most of the fight, you run around and attack things which don't fight back.