Game Update 1.6: Ancient Hypergate is Live!

CourtneyWoods

Game Update 1.6: Ancient Hypergate is now live in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! This Game Update brings some exciting new content to The Old Republic including:

Warzone: The Ancient Hypergate lets you test your strength with a brand new PvP game mechanic. In this Warzone, Republic and Empire forces are locked in a brutal conflict to control two energy pylons. You must fight to take control of these powerful pylons and kill any foes in your way to discharge a massive blast of energy through your faction’s gate. The first team to open their portal will unleash deadly reinforcements to wipe out enemy players.

Heroic Space Missions will challenge your galactic piloting skills. Both Republic and Empire classes have six new repeatable Level 50 Heroic Space Missions. These updated Space Missions are the most intense Space Missions to date and players who are up to the challenge can earn Black Hole Commendations to spend on ship upgrades, high level gear, and more!

Read More

I'm extremely excited about this patch!! Lots of great new goodies for us, and I'm so pumped to see the PvP gear gap being taken away. However... I don't seem to be able to play now. The server lag is extremely high, and not just for me, but for many people on the server.

Ever since the update, my game has not been working correctly. I was playing my game and my character kept getting stuck in the hallways while touching nothing. She couldn't move forward. I lost a connection. Whenever I start the game over it doesn't bring me to my character selection screen. It just shows the loading screen without a progress bar. Please fix.....and add Togruta species for next update :D

Thank you!

there is a mixup between the required gear for the Elite war hero combat tech and combat medic.

This was reported on the PTS 3 weeks ago and nobody corrected it

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=560458

You're doing worse and worse in my book EAware.

And charging money for event items supposed to bring the community together for Life day? Really?

Your greed knows no bound EAware.

WORSE. PATCH. EVER.

not because of the content or the gravity of the bugs, it's not game breaking.

But it shows where your priority is: grabbing our money through the cash shop and not reading the bug reports from people who test on the PTS free of charge for you, out of their love of the game.

That is sad.

Edited by Oggthebase

I like it how you guys don't write a single yellow post in any of the recent threads in order to explain your reasoning behind the latest changes (end-game gear on the market, event items on the market with no event happening). While at the same time i've seen you silently deleting some threads and merging the other ones, which makes me think that you are here on the forums, but for whatever reason do not desire to communicate with us on the matter. Edited by Trollokdamus

How much testing was done on the space missions?

Cause they don't seem much fun more like riding a rail road car to unavoidable silly damage that you need the cartel packs to fly and even though they don't help much. I really not sure why development time was put in for this, they offer far too little control too little enjoyment and too little reward for a very unfun experience.

Initial verdict on the new space stuff: Disappointed.

All new missions are pretty much impossible without new Rank 7 parts. I've tried 4 or 5 of the 6 missions at least twice each, and though I can make some progress, I haven't come close to a win.

They have scattered said parts across the Fleet Commendation, Daily Commendation, and Cybertech Schematics (which cost even more Fleet Comms).

OR you can "conveniently" buy a package of new Offensive ship parts with Cartel Coins (which I don't have because they gave me December early (on day 2) and have never heard of Monopoly "Bank error in your favor"

That means unless I find a magic character with a stash of comms I didn't remember, I'm stuck grinding old stuff until I get enough to buy a new part or two.

So yeah. I'm too annoyed at the moment to run old space missions and login and out of characters to find out who is closest to getting something. The only people this is at all friendly for are people who have been running the gerbil wheel for the last couple months and have a lot of spare comms. So as it is I'm sitting at the window with my nose pressed to the glass.

You guys really should have tuned at least 1 new mission for Rank 6 parts and given people an entry step into the new stuff. As it is, missions are either Rank 5 and boring as spit with Rank 6 parts, or nigh impossible.

I didn't see any black hole comms awarded maybe a bug, only 20 space comms......

You need to beat them all, and then you'll get 2 weeklies that give 4 black hole commendations and 2 black hole commendations respectively, for a grand total of 6 additional black hole commendations per week.

How come they couldnt have event heroic missions or world events for Life Day? Make decorated Nar Shaada the central hub for it since its a good low and high lvl place for both imp and rep to congragate. Side note, I'm sure RPers and PVPers on any server could had fun with that by making their own holiday tournaments or something. Have special Life Day vendors that sell things with event comms. Its a Wookie holliday right? Have something comical or something, educate the players on what Life Day is about with game content. Why do I need to pay REAL money for holiday gear? My number one fear was that SWTOR would become a huge cash grab once F2P launched and it became exactlly that.... Sad, to this day BW/EA still dont take their own game or players seriouslly...

It getting to the point that im not gonna buy anything off the cartel market until they change the way they do business, and the best way speak is with money. Not words.

I am glad to see more content, but I a surprised that the Lifeday stuff didn't have some seasonal missions that we could do for the nifty stuff in the Cartel Market. It would have been nice to have some seasonal decorations on the starting planets and fleets. This could have been like the Rhakghoul event. Oh well. At least it is something. To bad I have to shell out money for the holiday cartel stuff. This was a Hit and Miss for you guys Bioware.:confused:

there is a mixup between the required gear for the Elite war hero combat tech and combat medic.

This was reported on the PTS 3 weeks ago and nobody corrected it

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=560458

You're doing worse and worse in my book EAware.

And charging money for event items supposed to bring the community together for Life day? Really?

Your greed knows no bound EAware.

WORSE. PATCH. EVER.

not because of the content or the gravity of the bugs, it's not game breaking.

But it shows where your priority is: grabbing our money through the cash shop and not reading the bug reports from people who test on the PTS free of charge for you, out of their love of the game.

That is sad.

BH/Trooper elite WH vendors have no relics either.

The new warzone is cool but everything else is fail, how are simple bugs not being fixed?