recommend me a class

uzayadam

I want to be lvl 55 fastly and i need a class which will be really powerfull at pve and pvp and i need a cool story line.

So can you guys tell me the roles of the classes.

You can find information here...

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes

and here...

http://www.torhead.com/

Hover over Database>Classes...then you can read all about each class

Edited by VitalityPrime

Dont pick Sith Jugg Class it isn't worth crap now not after the nerfs that 2.7 brought. It was my favorite but a few nerfs and patches later its the worse. when my lower level toons that i dont play that often are now better and more fun to play as my Jugg WAS, i guess time to stop playing the jugg.

pick another class every one, including BW favors the most. Which is most of the republic classes. I play both and i Love the Imp side and sith, but its the Repub side that is better all the way a round and that was No Accident neither...

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Dont pick Sith Jugg Class it isn't worth crap now not after the nerfs that 2.7 brought. It was my favorite but a few nerfs and patches later its the worse. when my lower level toons that i dont play that often are now better and more fun to play as my Jugg WAS, i guess time to stop playing the jugg.

pick another class every one, including BW favors the most. Which is most of the republic classes. I play both and i Love the Imp side and sith, but its the Repub side that is better all the way a round and that was No Accident neither...

What Jugg nerfs? They buffed Juggs and Guardians... Sure Smash got a nerf hammer, but Smash was already in full BIS PvP Gear in Outlaws Den with Adrenal + Bloodthirst + PvP damage boost container dealing 21k damage as evidenced by This video. So, it didnt HAVE to be that badly nerfed, but it had some sort of nerf needing to be in order...

Good for PvP (chosen by the better class story option):

Vanguards - Anything

Sorcerers - Heals or Madness

Assassins - Tank or Deception DPS

Operative - Healers

Good for PvE:

Vanguard - Tanking, and DPSing in the new ops by abusing the mechanics in the ops being designed around vanguard dps

Sorceror - Heals or Lightning. Hybrid for AoE heavy fights

Assassins - Tank

Operative - Concealment or heals

Juggernaut - Not Focus

Sentinel - Not Focus

Sniper - Anything if you are good at it

Commando - Assault DPS is best DPS, commando heals are best PvE heals.

Overall, I'd pick an operative, and go the Healer Route. A lot of people liked the Agent storyline, and Operative Healers are loved by all. If you want to DPS though, go for a Sorcerer, though you are going to have to learn all 3 DPS specs (Lightning/Madness/Hybrid), and the Sage/Sorc storylines are considered the worst ones. Sadly, no other class can really DPS well in both PvP and PvE since the focus/rage nerfs. Combat/Carnage can work, but is much easier to deal with, and Vigilance/Vengeance is very easy to stop thanks to its melee requirements. And Watchman/Annihilation in PvP is a huge joke. Almost as big a joke as madness assassins.

You do know that the only faction-specific advantage right now is a bug that causes CGC to double proc on Mercenaries Rail Shot reset instead of single proc right? What this actually means, is that every class is exactly the same, except in the case of mercenaries (Imperial class), who have a huge DPS and Burst advantage over their republic counterpart.

Edited by TACeMossie

You are aware that all Empire classes are mirrors of Republic classes and vice versa, right?