What companion are you using to level?

BronxBrewer

best bet is m1-4x when yo get him. he will tank while yo uburn things down. dismiss and resummon him after. fights are faster, less recovery between and you'll be able to solo things with a little bit of healing you can't just using elara.

he's also the only companion tank left with a harpoon/pull ability, and he goes great with a cybertech trooper.

best bet is m1-4x when yo get him. he will tank while yo uburn things down. dismiss and resummon him after. fights are faster, less recovery between and you'll be able to solo things with a little bit of healing you can't just using elara.

he's also the only companion tank left with a harpoon/pull ability, and he goes great with a cybertech trooper.

Thank you for this ! Once i got 4x i felt he was better for me and questing got more easy. Everyone mentions using Elara but i feel it takes to long to take down the packs. The reason i made the post was because everyone tells me to run her and i started second guessing myself. Im also Cybertech.

Once I've got all the companions I often use Tanno. He gets in close and grabs aggro, I kill things from distance and throw an occasional heal on him. If I was more of a healer I might try with Yuun, melee DPS plus healer works very well on my Scoundrel (with Akaavi).

Once I've got all the companions I often use Tanno. He gets in close and grabs aggro, I kill things from distance and throw an occasional heal on him. If I was more of a healer I might try with Yuun, melee DPS plus healer works very well on my Scoundrel (with Akaavi).

doesn't work quite as well on a commando. i have a 50 scoundrel and mercenary, both leveled to 50 less than a month after launch.

with a scoundrel/operative you only need the hot from your healing tree and you can use either a tank or dps companion with ease

commando healing is more active than that and the only fire and forget ability is the kolto shell thing,and THAT is only effective if the one target you can have it on has all of the aggro

i levelled my merc with the equivalent of gunnery up to grav round, rest in healing. honestly don't need more than grav round for general healing, and gives you the healing tools to solo even tough heroic 2's and most champions with ease