What are the best/most reliable guides or web sites fot class builds?

Katesguy

I'm trying to fine tune my toons and was wondering what the community's recommendations were for reputable/accurate build guides or websites were. I've looked over the swtor guides but they don't seem to keep up with the latest patch, that and they're hundreds of pages long.

I've looked over noxxic, darthhater, and jedispecs to name a few.

My toons currently include level 50 Gunslinger, Commando, and Sentinel. And I'm leveling a Shadow and Sage.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Katesguy15

Your best bet is to just ask on the relevant class forum. The information is pretty much guaranteed to be the most up-to-date and applicable. Not to mention it's way more accountable than sites like Noxxic (which makes me /facepalm 90% of the time when I see its recommendations/guidelines).

So, you don't think noxxic's guides/stat priorities are correct?

Nope. Their stat priorities vastly overstate the value of accuracy and pay no attention to diminishing returns values for high end gearing, not to mention operating under the false assumption that all values compete directly with one another, which they do not (except in augs; for DPS crit and power directly compete; accuracy, surge, and alacrity directly compete; they don't interact with one another at all). Even the specs and rotations themselves are suspect since the information is almost entirely out of date.

Most of the baddies I've seen with more confidence than effectiveness end up saying that they're doing everything optimally just because they're doing what Noxxic said. It's come to such a point that most of the people I run with just respond with a "lolNoxxic".

What about the other sites, are they rubbish also?

Darthhater, TORhead, and AskMrRobot are all useful with up-to-date info, but that's because they're databases rather than advice/strat sites. I'd never even heard of "jedispecs" until you mentioned it now, but a quick overview tells me that it's pretty much the same usefulness as Noxxic (i.e. not useful). Your best bet for stat optimization and specs is to just these forums. Even if some of the guides are out of date, most of the class forums have at least 1 thread on the front page about the relevant best spec/stat optimization for the various trees, and, even if they don't, you can often do a search for a relevant useful thread (try to avoid old threads since a vast majority of them are out of date). If you can't find one by searching, if you start a new thread asking for advice concerning your spec and wait an hour or so (sometimes longer; people have lives), you can generally get either answers or directions to an appropriate guide.

Most of the guides you want will be on the forums. askmrrobot means u can find some useful builds but no guides. As per usual I agree with Kitru, noxxic overfocuses on stats that you will find do not have so much use in your game. (For example it recommends accuracy to be one of the most important stats for a scrapper).

So basically look around on the forums, see nothing ask people in game. There is usually someone willing to help out.

Give this site a shot:

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/forum-7.html

Not as many people frequent it anymore, but most information on there is very informative and backed by math. At one point it was considered equivalent of "elitistjerks" forums for SWTOR theorycrafting.

I will also second to visit the individual class forums though. Unlike WoW's, SWTOR's forums are often just as good source of information as they are of trolls (except PVP forums... stay away).