Jarg and Sorno SM 3 Man

Since there is no "3 man World Progression" thread (an oversight, I'm sure), I'm posting this separately here: a 3 man kill on SM Jarg and Sorno. Video:

• Healer PoV:

• Sentinel PoV:

The guild in question was Aisthesis, on The Ebon Hawk. Composition was a Focus Sentinel, a Gunnery Commando and a Combat Medic Commando (me). Both DPS are full Dread Guard, while the healer is about 50/50 Dread Guard and Campaign.

This was, without question, one of the most brutal fights I've ever had to heal. HM Dread Guard feels like a lazy afternoon stroll by comparison. On some of our progression pulls, I was sustaining almost 2k HPS throughout, climbing over 2.2k HPS during happy rail shot time (with less than 4% overheal). We eventually realized that we could respec the sentinel just a bit and pick up some significant damage reduction talents, which resulted in the kill shot requiring a much more manageable 1.8k - 1.9k HPS.

The DPS was extremely tight as well. I had never seen this boss hard enrage before, but apparently they do at 7 minutes, 15 seconds. The time spent working on the Carbonizer is a huge DPS loss, particularly since the other DPS is stunned. To get around these issues, we held the bosses together and healed through the Flame Sweep, allowing the sentinel to smash both bosses while primarily focusing on Sorno. This also allowed the commando to push out more damage by using Pulse Cannon on both bosses. We kept armor debuffs on both while the commando focused Jarg. Finally, I (as the healer) focus targeted Sorno and interrupted Rapid Scan until "Plan D", when the healing required actual concentration.

For the curious, we also 3 manned Bonethrasher (video forthcoming) and Foreman Crusher, although we had to use the pillar glitch (which made the boss quite dull). Fabricator turned out to be absolutely impossible to heal (the commando was taking upwards of 7k per hit), so we 4 manned that one without issues. We're currently working on 3 manning Karagga.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

I feel like I'm watching BSG whenever I read one of these posts...it's been done before and it will be done again. Welcome to 10 months ago.

I wasn't aware that this boss had been 3 manned before. I'd love to see a video if you have one. I'm *very* certain that this wouldn't have been possible 10 months ago. Unaugmented Rakata just doesn't allow for the DPS required to beat the enrage timer. To the best of my knowledge, it's impossible to top 2k DPS in just Rakata gear, and we found that even 2.1k wasn't sufficient (since the second DPS is unable to get much higher than 1.2k due to the carbonizers). Optimized Campaign gear seems doable though, especially with a few augment slots, so maybe *8* months ago.

That was awesome healing you did there :)

Thank you! :-) It was a lot of fun to heal something so tight that missing a single GCD wipes the raid (this happened to us several times due to server lag).

Nice, has anyone four manned Toth and Zorn?

I haven't seen it yet. It seems possible, but immensely difficult. You'd need a vanguard or guardian DPS so as to pull the bosses apart, as well as a very strong single-target healer. Three manning also seems doable with two taunting DPS (not a shadow), but it would be super-tight.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

I wasn't aware that this boss had been 3 manned before. I'd love to see a video if you have one. I'm *very* certain that this wouldn't have been possible 10 months ago. Unaugmented Rakata just doesn't allow for the DPS required to beat the enrage timer. To the best of my knowledge, it's impossible to top 2k DPS in just Rakata gear, and we found that even 2.1k wasn't sufficient (since the second DPS is unable to get much higher than 1.2k due to the carbonizers). Optimized Campaign gear seems doable though, especially with a few augment slots, so maybe *8* months ago.

Thank you! :-) It was a lot of fun to heal something so tight that missing a single GCD wipes the raid (this happened to us several times due to server lag).

I haven't seen it yet. It seems possible, but immensely difficult. You'd need a vanguard or guardian DPS so as to pull the bosses apart, as well as a very strong single-target healer. Three manning also seems doable with two taunting DPS (not a shadow), but it would be super-tight.

Don't mind him, he tells everyone its been 10 months ago. More than likely through some glitch.

We attempted this 3 man yesterday, Carnage Mara, Bodyguard Merc healer and a Sniper. We only pulled it twice and on our closer attempt had 30k left before the healer let both of us die :(. We were pretty far off of enrage though, I was managing just over 2.2k dps and the sniper was sitting at 2.1k. mad props on the kill of that, the healing was insane.

Guys what's the point on flaming people just because their accomplishments are supposedly done x time frame ago? What irks you that you feel you need to write a post about how insignificant other people's accomplishments are in your eyes, what point are you trying to make?

We attempted this 3 man yesterday, Carnage Mara, Bodyguard Merc healer and a Sniper. We only pulled it twice and on our closer attempt had 30k left before the healer let both of us die :(. We were pretty far off of enrage though, I was managing just over 2.2k dps and the sniper was sitting at 2.1k. mad props on the kill of that, the healing was insane.

Speaking of mad props… 2.2k *and* 2.1k! Wow. How on earth were you both sustaining that kind of average even through the carbonizer? The gunnery commando we had with us was pulling >2.5k between carbonizers (since he knew his ammo would regen), but there was so much downtime that his overall DPS didn't even break 1.3k. I guess having a Lethality sniper would help (since the dots continue to tick), but even still…

I express my sincerest sympathies to your healer. It's so hard to keep up with all that damage. I do think though that a merc healer is a really great choice for this sort of thing. An op might have an easier time with it (multi-HoTing and the AoE heal), but the merc's single target heals are so strong, it feels like a good fit for the fight. Best of luck to you!

Edited by KeyboardNinja

I feel like I'm watching BSG whenever I read one of these posts...it's been done before and it will be done again. Welcome to 10 months ago.

I feel like I'm seeing a grumpy cat meme every time you post something.

Have you ever complimented anyone? About anything? Ever?

Edit: Gratz to the OP

Edited by Khevar

Guys what's the point on flaming people just because their accomplishments are supposedly done x time frame ago?

It's today's generation, they know nothing but trying to be cool on teh internets, and they think being rude to others is cool, anonymity at it's finest.

Speaking of mad props… 2.2k *and* 2.1k! Wow. How on earth were you both sustaining that kind of average even through the carbonizer? The gunnery commando we had with us was pulling >2.5k between carbonizers (since he knew his ammo would regen), but there was so much downtime that his overall DPS didn't even break 1.3k. I guess having a Lethality sniper would help (since the dots continue to tick), but even still…

I express my sincerest sympathies to your healer. It's so hard to keep up with all that damage. I do think though that a merc healer is a really great choice for this sort of thing. An op might have an easier time with it (multi-HoTing and the AoE heal), but the merc's single target heals are so strong, it feels like a good fit for the fight. Best of luck to you!

He would precast his OS on top of carbonized as often as he could, and ofc the constant double dot ticks on both bosses. As my Mara, I'm carnage and would be sure to burn a gore on it (Easily 15k-20k in 4.5s). The probes would usually make it only a few seconds before dying as our healer was doing his best at well. We're likely going to try this again, and hopefully beat it this time around; our merc healer loved the challenge!

Cool vid, Great healing.

I was wondering why, since you use it to target people, do you have the Ops. frame up in the corner like that and not somewhere a little bit more convenient? I keep mine in the middle just below my character in between my hotbars and it seems like that is much easier than having to zip back up to the corner.

Cool vid, Great healing.

I was wondering why, since you use it to target people, do you have the Ops. frame up in the corner like that and not somewhere a little bit more convenient? I keep mine in the middle just below my character in between my hotbars and it seems like that is much easier than having to zip back up to the corner.

The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that I have to move back after doing targeted AoE healing. My mouse sensitivity is insanely high though, so it's not as much of an issue as it could be (moving from the center of the screen to the left is about a 2 cm twitch). The reason to have them on the left is so that my eyes are close to the location of my heals, allowing me to see cooldowns more easily. You'll notice that all of my healing abilities are also stacked on the left. This keeps my vision localized, which I'm more concerned about than my input device.

It does get a bit bulky when I do 16 man healing, but there's almost nothing to be done for that.