1.6 UPDATE!! Assasin Double Combat Stealth, Juggs can now jump to AREA's

OrderOfVirtue

Normally when someone goes into stealth, if that player is targeted then the target is lost, however (I don't know for sure if this happens all the time, but to me it seems as though normally) a player who disappears into the ground is still targeted.

After he vanished the second time, you can see that the player who is recording it still has the Shadow targeted, therefor, the Shadow did not go into stealth at that time.

It's possible that it's just a great coincidence that the bug happened at the perfect time for the Shadow.

^agreed. The player kept the shadow targeted, even as he seemed to disappear. Interestingly enough, if you look at the "distance from target" it jumped from about 4m to 150m in a few seconds, then back down. Seems like he fell through the floor to me, even if the timing is highly suspect.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both of those videos just demonstrate what happens when a player lags out in this game. Now whether or not the players lagged out intentionally or not, I have no idea, the videos don't show enough to know that. Possibly they're using a lag switch or packet sniffing hack to cause that, or possibly they just have a crappy connection or ISP.

The simplest solution is to report them, let the CS figure it out, presumably they have better tools for figuring it out.

A better solution would be to have the devs tweak the lag handling so that unsynched clients don't cause stupid crap like that.

Check out the link below!! 1.6 has some nice updates in it.

http://www.twitch.tv/booshwombat/videos?kind=highlights

Actually this is a few clips that we took yesterday the community should check it out, and hopefully Bioware does something about it besides letting these cheaters get away with these kind of things in RATED warzones. No wonder why these guys win. Shake my head, have to cheat to win in a video game? People going out of there way to cheat is almost ridiculous. You should be ashamed of yourself. Incase you cant read the guild name it was yours truly "hostile takeover". No wonder why they are rated so high. Cheaters. :confused:

hutball - 1. ballcarrier disappears (fall down)- known hutball bug, facing it any single wz.

2. were two jumps, firstly the ballcarrier jumped to the shadow that w8 him at the edge, then shadow force speed to the line and pull the ballcarrier to the line (or opposite 1st shadow pull him to the edge and then guardian jumped to the shadow at the line). u can easily observe these 2 stages on yr minimap, since ballcarrier is marked there.

CW - bug or exploit

Edited by yauhen_pt

You do know shadows can't pull friendlies right? Yes, everybody knows the 'stealth in ez and wait for jugg/guardian to leap' method. The only thing that's of concern by the OP is the TIMING of the bugouts/lags and questionable things that happen at the time that they do. Edited by BobaStyx

He teleported off node for a few seconds, and you recorded it.

You can google "swtor memory hacking" First result.

Please make sure that you send in tickets, in game, instead of just posting on the forum.

^agreed. The player kept the shadow targeted, even as he seemed to disappear. Interestingly enough, if you look at the "distance from target" it jumped from about 4m to 150m in a few seconds, then back down. Seems like he fell through the floor to me, even if the timing is highly suspect.

That was a really nice spot. I suspect that 150m away is the distance to either the middle node, (or under it), or the distance to the off node. It would make sense for that player, and a few in his guild to have preset XYZ set up, such as:

F1 - Grass Node

F2 - Snow Node

F3 - Center of Huttball

and etc.

Edited by KettleBelll

Gotta say, that stealth is suspicious to me. I could see it being explained away with server lag, but the timing is incredibly coincidental.

I've never personally witnessed hacking in SWTOR, and I've played only PVP since pre-release. This is certainly strange.

even had a sage from same guild as resiliance pull a disapear/re-appearing act on me this morning. wish i knew how to record video's...

I am seeing this disappearing hack more n more as of late where they seem to fall through the floor then re-appear

You do know shadows can't pull friendlies right? Yes, everybody knows the 'stealth in ez and wait for jugg/guardian to leap' method. The only thing that's of concern by the OP is the TIMING of the bugouts/lags and questionable things that happen at the time that they do.

yep, my bad, however guard can still leap to the shadow.

He teleported off node for a few seconds, and you recorded it.

i saw once this bug/exploit, personally i think its a bug. i was stay at node on cw with jugg or mara he was running around it and suddenly disappear, however he was reappear a few seconds later close to stairs, moreover half of his body was inside the floor a few seconds after he reappears normally at the node and continue to move around it, no falling under floor anymore.. no1 attack us at this time.

swtor pvp contains a lot of bugs that any of u can c any single wz, this is just quality of the product bw can produce atm. dont be in hurry to accuse players in hacks etc.

UPD: i remeber similar bug of falling under floor, however it was not possible go bk by yrself, ull need a help for it. it was 3-5 months ago, on CW i was pushed by sage (force wave?) and i fell under floor (close to stairs, i was like inside and just small piece of my body was outside), it was funny since i saw all guys up and i was able attack em, i was able to use aoe to prevent cap the node, they can not hit me melee etc, however 1 guy pulled me away and then they killed me.

UPD2: smthng like this

Edited by yauhen_pt