What body size is your bounty hunter? How does it look?

Face

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made my female BH type 2. I was pretty okay with it overall and felt it was really the look I was going for - athletic and fit without being overboard.

However, certain attributes are definitely enhanced by the BH armor. Distractingly so (my husband teases me and asks me to go afk so he can stare at my BH in game all the time).

It's even more hilarious because my female smuggler is body type 1 in medium armor. It's amusing to click back and forth between the two and see the difference.

Male, body type 2.

Body type 1 is way too scrawny to be a convincing 'tough guy', while body type 3 looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger on steroids, might get the 'tough guy' look across but it also makes you look ridiculous IMO.

Body type 2 is a tad on the lean side, but is the most 'realistic' body type for a healthy humanoid male, as far as I'm concerned.

Female, Zabrak, Body-3 (Amazon build)

With all the heavy armor you wear, this body type suited me just fine. I think it makes sense for a BH to be a little on the beefy side. And for females, they don't look as grotesquely huge as the males.

Athletic and tough.

Hehe, I have similar issues when I play males, honestly. Being that I'm not one, I mean. I liked the male Bounty Hunter I played in Beta, only because the voice acting, I thought, was superb. He SOUNDED like a bad'a** bounty hunter. Just fit, imo.

So when I say I like the male body size 2 more than any other, just understand I'm a woman, who refuses to play a character I can't stand looking at for weeks at a time in countless scenes and from various angles. To me, the body types work like this:

(1) Male body type 1 looks like a teenage boy, with everything just out of whack. What's with his head? Looks too big for the rest of his body. If I had a teenage son, that's what he'd look like and he'd whine to me about when all his extremities would start to mesh up with the rest of him. Lucky me, I have three daughters, all of whom whine to me about "ucky boys".

(2) Male body type 2 looks ... nicely toned, with all the muscles in just the right place, like he works out and eats well and takes care of himself without going overboard, looks healthy ... forgive me, please ... that's how I want a male model to look.

(3) Male body type 3 looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger, back when he was still young enough to truly star in some movies about great big machines intent on killing every human being in existence. I've paid enough attention to the regime body builders put into their workouts, to really be turned off by the overall end result. Just...ugh.

(4) Male body type 4 looks fat. I have nothing personal against fat, really. Some of my favorite people are fat, and I love them totally. But again. This is fantasy and escape. I want a hero I plan on looking at and enjoying seeing for weeks at a time through endless adventures. Fat doesn't work, in my little myopic fantasy.

Them's my thoughts. Please bear in mind, they're only personal opinion and everyone is free to have different thoughts at any time.

Single greatest break down of body types. I loled.....good stuff

I chose 3 just because I thought it matched th VoiceOver

Edited by Irishbrewed

Chiss female body type 2. She generally looks pretty awesome in the armor, with a single exception - her head is GIGANTIC. If you look at the 40+ BH helmets and compare males and females of the same body type, its pretty obvious the fem heads are just way too large and out of proportion with the rest of the body.

Mine is human, female, Type 4.

I didn't see much of a difference between 1 and 2. Maybe it's preference, or maybe it's my desire to make it realistic, but I felt 4 was the only option given that she is supposed to be a combat-effective female mercenary. I mean, let's face it, body type 1-2 aren't fit to carry heavy armor, nor can they be realistically expected to obliterate opponents in combat given flimsy body frames. Types 1-2 look more at home at a modeling agency or perhaps playing kick-butt, flimsy female types in unrealistic action movies (I'm looking at you, Columbiana).

Personally I don't see 3-4 as amazonian, but as close to possible as is needed for the job at hand. I don't know, I just prefer it be realistic.

Edited by RocketbootsMOFO

A female Chiss, body sized 1. I was gonna give her a scar, but I got so caught up with her makeup/face/hair that I forgot. Oh well, too late now. It's odd how people say female bodies 1 and 2 are unrealistic. I have body size 1. People are all like "It doesn't appear that bodies 1-2 can lift armor that big". I wear armor heavier than the mandolorian gear to the Rennisance fair. Not that big of deal, really. Edited by Kikilicious

Female Chiss, body type 4. Seem to be one of those few that like the more curvy, full shape. :p It works well overall, sometimes just a bit awkward with shoulderpads occasionally being a bit small(Seems they didn't think to adjust them for body type 4 from the general 2 or so, at least with some sets).

Overall, looks awesome, and with some armor combinations gives the impression of a lovely pair of thighs!

I wouldn't want her different in any way, at least. 2 would be okay, but 1 is just too skinny and tiny compared to the head(If the head were smaller and all, they'd look okay..but not for a bounty hunter.).

As for body type 3, sorry, but to me, it looks more like a combination between male type 2 and 3, with a pair of breasts added and a female head attached than a female. I don't mind the whole strong female look normally, but this one's so extreme that I often mistake females with type 3 for males, until I see them more closely and see there's a big bump in the chest area.

I actually ran into an elite at one point on my Jedi Sentinel at one point, I believe, who I thought they'd accidentally given a female head as the body looked male in the shadowy area I found 'her' in.

So yes, for my female characters, it'd always be 4 or 2. If I ever roll a male, it'd be 2, most likely. And I'd probably only roll one to see the romance with Kira, Vette, or Ashara. xD

Edited by Nyzahna

I chose male, body type 2. It took me ages to decide! I am mostly happy with my choice but sometimes, when I see type 3's running around looking beastly, I wonder if I made the right decision. I think the running animation for body 2 is awesome, way better than 3. The head is a tad too big though.

Anyone else think there should be something in between 2 and 3?

Edited by Hematic

I like the normal and fat ones.

The smallest look too small to my taste and the big guy looks great but runs a little funny. If you look at the back of his head while he runs, it looks like the body does not follow properly.

The head looks too small too.

My 2 cents.

I broke my rule and chose body type 3 for my male BH. I did it partly because of this thread, actually, since everyone said that the powertech armour looked much better.

At first I kept thinking "I've made a huge mistake, the running animation is weird, I only have a small blaster, and my face is really wide". I've actually come to like it though, it feels great being a tank of that stature. Standing there, wielding a flamethrower, looking like a boss.

If I ever roll Sith I'm staying as body type 2 though, you don't need strength to be a Sith.

I'm actually wondering what I would look like if I rolled body type 4... it looks way too comical for my liking, but once I had some awesome armour and a helmet I think I may have looked like a real powerhouse...

Male Cyborg Type 4.

Red mohawk and mutton chops. I actually got the face as a random during beta and laughed so hard I had to keep it.

The armor with bulky plating looks pretty interesting actually, as long as there are not hoses around the midsection, because then I look too fat. The white chest piece from the black talon first flashpoint (IIRC) looked pretty good.

I'll repost my comment from the "Your BH Name" thread...

Queenie. She's got a spray-on tan that'd glow orange in real life, wears way too much eye makeup, and sports a big, shaggy blonde bob haircut. Body Type 2. She makes me laugh, running around Rocket-Punching everything in sight with that look.