Make a movie like the cinematic trailers!

ImToBe

I know that, however, do you have any idea how many people want a movie from this? Also, ofc bioware can't do this on their own, but that's what we have film-making companies for.

I hope you realise those cinematic are there to just make people look into this game, Just like WoW and many other MMO's. The cinematics have extremly good graphics and good action scenes just to make the game seem cool, No story at all tbh.

All I saw in those trailers were lightsabers, lightsabers, flying objects and more lightsabers. And it doesn't matter if a small part of this community wants those cinematics as full movies, it won't happen. It's too costly and wouldn't be worth the effort, Since only a minority would go watch it.

I hope you realise those cinematic are there to just make people look into this game, Just like WoW and many other MMO's. The cinematics have extremly good graphics and good action scenes just to make the game seem cool, No story at all tbh.

All I saw in those trailers were lightsabers, lightsabers, flying objects and more lightsabers. And it doesn't matter if a small part of this community wants those cinematics as full movies, it won't happen. It's too costly and wouldn't be worth the effort, Since only a minority would go watch it.

I agree with alot of people prolly wouldnot go see a it. However there is alot of story to those trailers. The part where malgus kill the jedi master and he is looking at the whole citty in ruins as he dies could be a small story in its self.

• 2 weeks later...
Since only a minority would go watch it.

I agree with alot of people prolly wouldnot go see a it.

Are you crazy? People are willing to pay to see the Phantom Menace in 3D, a film that has been out for years and has nothing new to offer other than pretty pictures that seem closer than they actually are.

I'd love to see a Star Wars film done with the graphics that Blur made the trailers, maybe in a few more years when the way to do it is a lot less time/money intensive.

With a really good story writer/dialogue writing a film using just graphics like that would be amazing.

Edited by CptBrit

Are you crazy? People are willing to pay to see the Phantom Menace in 3D, a film that has been out for years and has nothing new to offer other than pretty pictures that seem closer than they actually are.

I'd love to see a Star Wars film done with the graphics that Blur made the trailers, maybe in a few more years when the way to do it is a lot less time/money intensive.

With a really good story writer/dialogue writing a film using just graphics like that would be amazing.

^^this

I would pay to see this movie and theres a lot of potential to make a great story too, there is this 10 year gap beetwen trailers and the game...

At first when I read this I assumed you ment a movie with this storyline but in real life...now THAT I'm all for.

although to correct many, it costs far less money and time to make these CS now then it used to by far. Granted it's not worth putting in a game, you're right...due to much more pressing matters to worry about game wise...however for a movie within fair budget and time its no where near unreasonable.

• 8 months later...

they could an make star wars animation cinematics movies like the trailers of swtor, a series of 9 movies of this era of star wars, starting with the first 3 about revan ,malak, the civil war and the exile, ending the third with the face off against the emperor, the exile death and the revan imprisionement, the other 3 about the return of the sith empire and the years of the war that spread across the galaxy, with particulary focus on darth malgus and master satelle roles since infants until the treaty of coruscant, and the final 3 movies talking about the end of the treaty and the restart of the war, taking particulary focus on 3 or 4 class roles like the jedi knight and the sith warrior or the inquisitor roles to proeminence having team comps like smuggler and trooper, imperial agent, B.hunter, etc...

the story and the scripts already exists, so half the job is done, is just a matter of taking the project foward and making things happen....need people with vision, instead of re-making the same classic sw movies over and over, what about dedicating to a new project, a new timeline, a different era, a diferent approuch to the star wars saga, if done right only can bring positive things to the star wars universe, the old republic era and to the swtor game also, bringging more people to the game....

• 1 month later...

The best part about this idea is the lack of face actors. You can cut your budget by tons. Voice actors are paid well but not like on screen stars.

If people see a trailer like the docking bay fight scene while they're out watching the 3rd hobbit movie, I think a cgi movie would be bound to get a following.

and if you think about it they are not restricted by the actors but i doubt they would do it for the next three anyway. maybe they could make a short film like the trailers, but they wont do it for a whole film. Also wouldn't it drive some fans crazy considering how many fans hated the switch to green screne

• 3 years later...
I agree with alot of people prolly wouldnot go see a it. However there is alot of story to those trailers. The part where malgus kill the jedi master and he is looking at the whole citty in ruins as he dies could be a small story in its self.
I very seriously doubt only a small few would go see it. Star Wars has almost a cult following and just about every fan would go see it. As far as it being expensive and difficult to do. Final Fantasy has had no problem doing it having made 3 similar movies, Kingsglaive being the latest (The Spirits Within and Advent Children) and so has Beowulf, and another I can't remember at the moment. So it is definitely possible to do. The correct question is if will be done.

I very seriously doubt only a small few would go see it. Star Wars has almost a cult following and just about every fan would go see it. As far as it being expensive and difficult to do. Final Fantasy has had no problem doing it having made 3 similar movies, Kingsglaive being the latest (The Spirits Within and Advent Children) and so has Beowulf, and another I can't remember at the moment. So it is definitely possible to do. The correct question is if will be done.

Necro!

And it is highly unlikely anthing like this would happen. They seem to like their live action and traditional 3d animation.

Going by how much the last trailer cost them, they'd be looking at a budget around about the same as that for 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' - $225,000,000.

That's a lot of money to pony up at he start.....Besides investors will want to see everything in their portfolio before putting up any cash - A shiny trailer is a good start- but on the flipside.....the basic storytelling in-game..... Would probably put a lot of people off.

There are probably a lot of rights issues too. IIRC EA own the rights to the game, but possibly not to any merchandising, development of other media and all that. - Though I'm no Lawyer, so don't assume I'm completely correct.

Besides, channeling already scarce resources into a movie instead of the game..... Would probably mean the end of both after 6 months.

Edited by Storm-Cutter