Does anyone actually use Group Finder???

Vecier

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run one or two hard modes a day via the group finder as a dps, works just fine on the Bastion. I've also run my mid 30s merc a bunch of times in the lower instances over the past few weeks. Edited by Draekos

I do use the LFG tool just to get my BH comms. The mistake made by EA/BW here is that they give to great a reward for doing flashpoints and because people just do it for comms, they get sick of get pugged with idiots. More and more do I find that I only use the LFG tool when I have a full guild team.

The more people do that, the less chance you have of finding a team, because my guess is that more and more premades use the LFG and this might be a trend that keeps especially tanks out of the pug loop. Not too mention the ignore list that grows longer and longer...

• 2 months later...
Group Finder doesn't seem to work for me the way I play the game (at least not when I'm leveling a DPS). I grew up on KotOR, so I much prefer the solo, storycentric style of playing. However, because I am a completionist, I also can't stand to skip any quests. So if I get a group quest or FP, I want to find a group and complete it while it's still relevant to the current storyline, and then get back to my solo missions. If I play Black Talon, I want to play it when I'm actually on my way to Dromund Kaas, not after I get there, because I want my gameplay to follow the story as closely as possible. The waits for DPS are too long for this style of playing. I think group finder is geared more toward those who focus on the multiplayer side of things. Personally, I'd rather put LFG in the general chat and wait a few minutes, and if no one's interested, I continue on with my solo quests until I'm at another point where the quest or FP fits with my storyline (or as closely as possible). Basically, I don't want to go from questing on the surface of a planet to the middle of a space battle and back again, and the group finder queue doesn't lend itself to such selectivity. Edited by NSaynKnutt

Not unless I'm really bored.

Both mains are full 61 so there's little to no need for me to farm BH comms

I'm really tired of FP'es , the people in them and having to watch the same stuff for the 32857376th time.

Operations usually fail, either because of the players or some bug. I still have three tickets hanging regarding not recieving any BH comms for complettion that CS hasnt answered.

I don't think the queue times are a problem though. They usually pop pretty fast despite that I'm a DPS:

Edited by MidichIorian

• 1 month later...

I used to before they made it useless. Now that I can't do ANYTHING but WAIT for a Group Finder queue to pop its worthless. Want to do a WZ while waiting for a Group? BIO says NO! Want to do Dailies while waiting for a group? BIO says NO!.

They have GIMPED Group finder so bad its WORTHLESS!

Use it daily for HMs with no issues. I'm a DPS and I rarely wait more than 10 minutes for it to pop.

I've used it for Ops as well. It's a bit more dicey there as wait times can be significant if you don't LFG on the fleet as well. Typically, I will group an Ops with a few others. We will que and start LFG messaging in fleet chat as well. It will take a few minutes to get a few more peeps and re-que. Once we have 5 or 6 peeps the Group Finder takes care of the rest.

Lowbie Flashpoints are hit or miss, but I usually have no problems finding a group.

And... no. Xxerver would not help. The ration between the classes will remain the same even if you increase the number of players looking for a group.

Edited by Rafaman

1 of the biggest problems for GroupFinder is for every 1 tank in group-finder their are 30 DPS's so it will always take a lot longer to get qued for an FP or OP as DPS (same idea apply's with healers). Which begs the question what kind of incentive does BW need to create in order to get more people to play as Tank & Healers? Right now, the DPS/Healer & DPS/Tank ratio's are really out of wack and they need to be balanced out in order to fix group-finder. In short, if BW doesn't find a way to persuade people to become Tanks & Healers the problem will persist.:(

Integrated VOIP wouldn't hurt either.:D

I used to before they made it useless. Now that I can't do ANYTHING but WAIT for a Group Finder queue to pop its worthless. Want to do a WZ while waiting for a Group? BIO says NO! Want to do Dailies while waiting for a group? BIO says NO!.

They have GIMPED Group finder so bad its WORTHLESS!

you can still do dallies while waiting in group finder expect for the ones you need a group for cause i do that all the time

GF works great for the most part (they need to add gear check). There's no reason to not use it if you're looking for a group. You can spam chat at the same time while being in the GF. If you're actually looking to do FPs, then GF is awesome. It also sends you back to where you were so that is really awesome as well.

I think this game failed hard and I love to bash it, but the four times I've used group finder I always found a group in no more than 5 minutes. Small sample size, but it always worked out great and i'm surprised so many people don't like it.

Then what the hell are you doing here? I will never understand people like you.

Population = 70% dps, 20% heals, 10% tanks. You do the math on who gets in quicker with lfg. Make friends with a healer or tank, or pull /1 shenanigans. Things would be insanely easier with dual spec. No fussing about with reassigning points nor quickbars.

Ive used it a couple of times and its not too bad. My only complaint of it though is that it doesn't allow you to group as well as use it. I imagine as DPS that if I found a tank through general to tick him in, we'd find a group easily. However, I have to either group manually or through the lfg.

Mind you, it's early stages yet, maybe they will make a few changes here and there to allow pairs of people to use it together.

Then what the hell are you doing here? I will never understand people like you.

I hade the same reaction..

Then I noticed his post was over 3 months old..

Silly date stamps messin with my rage responses..

Edited by althene

Population = 70% dps, 20% heals, 10% tanks. You do the math on who gets in quicker with lfg. Make friends with a healer or tank, or pull /1 shenanigans. Things would be insanely easier with dual spec. No fussing about with reassigning points nor quickbars.

For all intents and purposes, dual spec already exists if you're a sub.

Buy the field respec perk.

Respec for free in the field.

Win.

Win again when you switch back for free after you're done.

The only thing I would suggest to improve on this is to have a save spec option so you don't have to keep manually confirming each respec. Not that you don't get pretty fast at it after a couple times, but it's a matter of convenience.

Im constantly seeing in the chat box "LFG" blah blah blah and when i try group finder it takes forever to find a group. In fact i have never found a group lol. Longest queue ive been in is 20 minutes and got impatient. I was excited when it got introduced into the game which is one of the reason i resubbed. Is it me or do people just not use it? :mad::mad::rak_02::

I use it every day on Jedi's Covenant server. Works great! I play mDPS and my wait times are typically less than 10 minutes. Those saying it is broke or whatever, obviously have never used the tool. I love it, as I can hop on and get my FP and OP dailys/weeklys completed quickly.

I also use it when playing my level 26 Healer. Queue times are almost zero as a healer.