So pubs can be lesbians but imps not?

abokado

Yeah, apparently if you play a male imperial agent, even if you don't flirt with anyone, he was an unstoppable ladies' man up until the point you started playing him.

Oh, look what got shunted off to the backwaters of the Story and Lore forum, surprise surprise.

And vice-versa is true for the Female agent i assume? That is why I prefer to imagine my female agent as bi, just not wanting to flirt with the ladies.

My trooper girl, on the other hand...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

basicly 2.0 is more then just Makeb. there are also some quest chains that will take you back to other planets.

these quest chains also have a Same gender flirt option.

the result is that on the Makeb storyline female republic characters and male imperial characters have a SGF option. and dureing the questline for the macrobionuclars (or the seker droids one of the two) republic males have a SGF option and female Imperials have a SGF option

basicly 2.0 is more then just Makeb. there are also some quest chains that will take you back to other planets.

these quest chains also have a Same gender flirt option.

the result is that on the Makeb storyline female republic characters and male imperial characters have a SGF option. and dureing the questline for the macrobionuclars (or the seker droids one of the two) republic males have a SGF option and female Imperials have a SGF option

Someone has to get me a link to the vid with whichever quest has that flirt option for the empire. Y'know, to see if I missed it.

I just dont get they added SGR options to calm down the player rage that its not in the game from start.. But when they do its only for one planet, and its rep=f and emp=m only option? Cant they see they are gonna get player rage back because of this? Cant be that hard to just make it a option for both genders for both sides of the playerbase?

that being said: forum-rage-rawrr! i want my sith Inq to corrupt Azshara already dammit!

I just dont get they added SGR options to calm down the player rage that its not in the game from start.. But when they do its only for one planet, and its rep=f and emp=m only option? Cant they see they are gonna get player rage back because of this? Cant be that hard to just make it a option for both genders for both sides of the playerbase?

that being said: forum-rage-rawrr! i want my sith Inq to corrupt Azshara already dammit!

They didn't leave it to rep=f and emp=m Have you read the rest of the thread?

Romance options arent exactly equal amongst classes already. Inquisitor storyline has 1 female companion romance option, warrior has 2.

Its not always even.

The way I see it, Makeb gives the male Inquisitor a romance option, at last. It gives the female Inquisitor...still precisely zero.

With only Andronikos and Ashara as romance options, the Inquisitor was the colossal loser in the romance game - both of these companions are annoying, pointless, nerve-grating dunderheads, to the point it wouldn't have mattered if SGR's were already in-game. Khem Val is a better romance option as is than either of these twits.

The way I see it, Makeb gives the male Inquisitor a romance option, at last. It gives the female Inquisitor...still precisely zero.

With only Andronikos and Ashara as romance options, the Inquisitor was the colossal loser in the romance game - both of these companions are annoying, pointless, nerve-grating dunderheads, to the point it wouldn't have mattered if SGR's were already in-game. Khem Val is a better romance option as is than either of these twits.

Ha!

Its quite true the only interesting companion the SI has is khem val the rest can jump in the space lock for all I care. :D

Can't the female inquisitor romance the new guy as well?

If we assume the new Romance Option is bi, then yes, she can. However, I was operating under the assumption that it's an SGR option. And in either case, it still leaves the SI one step down from other classes, which have universally superior companions aboard their ships (Corso, Jaesa, Malavai, Elara, and so on).

It took getting to Makeb for the SI to have anything approaching a viable romance option, and the Sith Inquisitorette may still end up getting shut out of that. I don't claim to know exactly what's coming down the pike, but it doesn't look at all encouraging. :sul_frown:

If we assume the new Romance Option is bi, then yes, she can. However, I was operating under the assumption that it's an SGR option. And in either case, it still leaves the SI one step down from other classes, which have universally superior companions aboard their ships (Corso, Jaesa, Malavai, Elara, and so on).

I see. I wasn't sure myself, but from what I've seen in various blogs about the Makeb content, it seems like the new options will be SGR only.

As far as companions, it's a matter of opinion...going by your list, I can't stand Corso and I think Ashara is superior to Jaesa (in general...haven't done the romance). My female SI is single but that's only due to lack of a romanceable female option (I'm sure I would romance Ashara if I could).

It took getting to Makeb for the SI to have anything approaching a viable romance option, and the Sith Inquisitorette may still end up getting shut out of that. I don't claim to know exactly what's coming down the pike, but it doesn't look at all encouraging. :sul_frown:

I agree it sucks if you don't like the (typically) one option provided for your class/gender.

I see. I wasn't sure myself, but from what I've seen in various blogs about the Makeb content, it seems like the new options will be SGR only.

As far as companions, it's a matter of opinion...going by your list, I can't stand Corso and I think Ashara is superior to Jaesa (in general...haven't done the romance). My female SI is single but that's only due to lack of a romanceable female option (I'm sure I would romance Ashara if I could).

I agree it sucks if you don't like the (typically) one option provided for your class/gender.

Female Inquisitors DO have a romance option. Did you forget about Andronikus Revel?

Female Inquisitors DO have a romance option. Did you forget about Andronikus Revel?

Only in the sense that he's completely forgettable (same goes for Ashara, in my book). I would sooner have my Inquisitorette romance a jawa.

My female inquisitor doesn't as she only likes women.

The person I was replying to doesn't like Andronikus and I was commenting on how it kind of sucks that he's the only option (even after Makeb) and if you don't like him for whatever reason...tough.

Romances in this game are just an additional game mechanic, and are completely optional like gathering datacrons. It amazes me how bad people want same sex pixelated romances in a video game. Are they that lonely? I'm glad Bioware is trying to cater to all crowds, but as someone already said this is just a stepping stone to further greatness. Be patient and see where this road takes us, it's untested waters for Star Wars in general. I'm just really surprised there are not more people complaining about SGR breaking the continuity of the Star Wars universe (read a thread on a different forum about a bromance with Luke and Han. Scary and hostile stuff, those responses), but with the way things are now you can't voice those opinions without getting crucified by the gay community.

Rock on Bioware. Keep doing what you want/what EA tells you to do, no matter what the community thinks. :cool:

• 3 months later...
Romances in this game are just an additional game mechanic, and are completely optional like gathering datacrons. It amazes me how bad people want same sex pixelated romances in a video game. Are they that lonely? I'm glad Bioware is trying to cater to all crowds, but as someone already said this is just a stepping stone to further greatness. Be patient and see where this road takes us, it's untested waters for Star Wars in general. I'm just really surprised there are not more people complaining about SGR breaking the continuity of the Star Wars universe (read a thread on a different forum about a bromance with Luke and Han. Scary and hostile stuff, those responses), but with the way things are now you can't voice those opinions without getting crucified by the gay community.

Rock on Bioware. Keep doing what you want/what EA tells you to do, no matter what the community thinks. :cool:

FIrst of all, you suck.

Second of all, there are obvious romances that could work. Take Jaesa for example, there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be able to romance her as a female. The fact that there are no gay romances is just a reflection of standards. It's not common so it's not in the game, simple as that.

FIrst of all, you suck.

Second of all, there are obvious romances that could work. Take Jaesa for example, there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be able to romance her as a female. The fact that there are no gay romances is just a reflection of standards. It's not common so it's not in the game, simple as that.

What exactly did he say that was wrong? He's right, it is a stepping stone for greater things. Perhaps there is no female romance option for Jaesa now - but they could do it in the future. And with Makeb, there is now a much greater chance of that happening.

Don't be a douchebag unnecessarily. He wasn't insulting anyone, just pointing out the facts, and trying to support Bioware moving forward on this. M'kay pumpkin?

It amazes me how bad people want same sex pixelated romances in a video game. Are they that lonely?

The problem is heteronormativity and exclusion. If you're going to include romance, only including heterosexual romance can easily make LGBT people feel very left out. You can say "it's just a game", but when this sort of thing happens to you in some form every single day (heterosexual people tend not to notice how heteronormative they are), it can have a huge effect. Straight people don't generally understand that, but might be able to understand these perspectives:

- A friend's family throws them a surprise birthday party but doesn't invite you because of the color of your skin

- A financially successful friend says you should buy the new expensive thing that just came out as if it's as simple as adding milk to the grocery list, not acknowledging that you're living paycheck-to-paycheck

- A friend gushes about the awesome time they had with their dad on father's day and asks what you did with your dad, but your dad is gone from your life (died, ran off, etc) or he's an abusive/neglectful person or you have two moms instead

One or two occurrences can be shrugged off but imagine any of the above happening to you every day. Imagine having to defend yourself every day against people who can't wrap their minds around you being the way you are. Imagine having to physically defend yourself because people think it's hilarious to "smear the queer". Continuously being told that being gay is wrong, either explicitly or implicitly (via heteronormativity), is psychologically damaging.

To you, this may just be about adding more sexuality to a video game. To many other people, it's about acceptance. It's about letting gay people have the same experiences in the game that straight people get. This is a really big deal.

With all that said, we've definitely seen in this thread several examples of "lesbian good, gay male bad" and I have no doubt that many of those people are indeed men that just want their voyeuristic fantasies represented in pixel form. However, taking everything I've just said into account, blanketing that over everyone that wants SGR is pretty insulting.

The problem is heteronormativity and exclusion. If you're going to include romance, only including heterosexual romance can easily make LGBT people feel very left out. You can say "it's just a game", but when this sort of thing happens to you in some form every single day (heterosexual people tend not to notice how heteronormative they are), it can have a huge effect. Straight people don't generally understand that, but might be able to understand these perspectives:

- A friend's family throws them a surprise birthday party but doesn't invite you because of the color of your skin

- A financially successful friend says you should buy the new expensive thing that just came out as if it's as simple as adding milk to the grocery list, not acknowledging that you're living paycheck-to-paycheck

- A friend gushes about the awesome time they had with their dad on father's day and asks what you did with your dad, but your dad is gone from your life (died, ran off, etc) or he's an abusive/neglectful person or you have two moms instead

One or two occurrences can be shrugged off but imagine any of the above happening to you every day. Imagine having to defend yourself every day against people who can't wrap their minds around you being the way you are. Imagine having to physically defend yourself because people think it's hilarious to "smear the queer". Continuously being told that being gay is wrong, either explicitly or implicitly (via heteronormativity), is psychologically damaging.

To you, this may just be about adding more sexuality to a video game. To many other people, it's about acceptance. It's about letting gay people have the same experiences in the game that straight people get. This is a really big deal.

This may be the BEST post on SGRAs that I've read on this forum.

Thanks ! ! !

Edited by markcymru

This may be the BEST post on SGRAs that I've read on this forum.

Agreed, and if more people could discuss this topic in the same calm and logical manner as this (for both sides) the threads on this subject would go much smoother.

It's the frothing at the mouth, incoherent crazies* (in some cases someone looking to satisfy some fantasy) on both sides that make their respective side of the community in the discussion look bad.

* Some exaggeration added simply to emphasize a point.

With all that said, we've definitely seen in this thread several examples of "lesbian good, gay male bad" and I have no doubt that many of those people are indeed men that just want their voyeuristic fantasies represented in pixel form. However, taking everything I've just said into account, blanketing that over everyone that wants SGR is pretty insulting.

Third the support for this post. There are people who are trying to change that, such as the director for the next Spiderman movie wants to make MJ a guy and Peter Parker gay (or at least bi). I myself have no problem with this; despite the general idea that my Christianity would interfere with that it's not like I've never seen video game characters lie before (Kreia) and hating people for being people is simply absurd.

We should have more character viewpoints that are LGBT. Regardless of anything else it is a part of many people's lives and discriminating against it shouldn't be tolerated ever. Again, hating people for being people is nonsensical.

Have a nice day, try to see the world in a new way.

I smell a bit of sexism from the BW table!

that's not sexism....that's faction-ism....it's not that they aren't allowing the lesbian flirts at all...they are just only allowing it for those corporate-loving tools, the Republic!! <spits>

Wait wut?!? The jedi code doesn't allow this!! :D This should be sith exclusive!! If you want a relationship then go to the dark side!! The darkside promotes sins against humanity, not the tree hugging pubs!! :p

well what about troopers and smugs?

well what about troopers and smugs?

You mean the ones that are pigeon-holed into sounding like Jedi if they try to take something even remotely close to a moral response? ie. not being a violent, money-grabbing toolbag (this all being outside class missions, of course).

Sadly, many available responses really do make non-Jedi sound like them anyway, so why not just lump them all into the Jedi/tree-hugger category? Lol.