Could use some help working out a duo for myself and my fiance to play

sutasafaia

Mostly just need some advice, there are a few things to consider for us though. We tend to create tank/healer combos in pretty much every game we play together and this one gives us a few options. Which would be the most effective duo?

The group is going to be one of these three:

Powertech (tank) with Operative (Healer)

Juggernaut (tank) with Sorcerer (Healer)

Powertech (tank) with Mercenary (Healer)

Shadow (tank) with Sorcerer (Healer)

One thing to consider is that the top two don't have to share gear while the bottom two do have to share gear. I'm not sure how big of a problem that will really be in the long run though.

Another thing to consider, at least in this case, is that one of the tanks I do not use in the duo is going to become my main solo character. I do not want to run two of the same class at the same time so figuring out which tank is the best at soloing is also important. Mostly the solo tanks job is going to be taking my friends and guildies through lower level instance runs.

Any ideas? Any advice is hugely appreciated, we're going a little nuts trying to sort out what to do.

Yea assassin/operative would be the most fun, and easiest.

But if I have to choose from the list, I'd take Powertech and Operative. PT can spec to mean DPS when needed and stealth healer is always nice. This would easily be the best combo for PvP and maybe tied for the best in PvE.

And 2nd choice would be Assassin / Sorc. This would possibly be the best combo (or tied for the best) for PvE raid environments.

I'm personally a big fan of stealthing, so Assassin/Operative would be my choice, eventhough it's not on the list.

As for your list I think either Powertech/Opperative, or Juggernaut/Sorcerer. Both of you would start on the same planet and you're not sharing gear. Also you'd have 2 different classes.

Edited by Sinras

We never even thought about Assassin/Op, we were kinda set on the whole same planet thing. How well do you think those two would perform? I can see there being quite a bit of CC in there, might be able to take two enemies out of a fight for 60s? That might make heroic 4 and some flashpoints (if we overleveled them) possible.

We never even thought about Assassin/Op, we were kinda set on the whole same planet thing. How well do you think those two would perform? I can see there being quite a bit of CC in there, might be able to take two enemies out of a fight for 60s? That might make heroic 4 and some flashpoints (if we overleveled them) possible.

Well, starter planets are about 4 to 6 hours. Should not be that big of a deal once you get to Dromund Kaas. And it's Certainly possible to solo every levelling FP with tank+healer+2 up to date DPS companions (as long as you point them in the right direction, ergo the focus fire target).