Surge cap?

battycoda

Surge is at 268 (75.25%), Crit is... odd as it is a combination of things at 34.19% and it seems that Aim adds to that? but the +Crit is at 268 as well. Accuracy is 321 (100.80%). Aim is 1623 (250 base + 1373). At this point, is it wise to just add +Aim? Sometimes I don't get much of a choice when it comes to adding Surge/Crit/Accuracy along with Aim and Endurance. I read in the tooltip that any Acc over 100% reduces resistance but I don't want to go too far past where I already am. I really do not have any mods worth writing home about either. Power is 353.

But I did notice something with the Surge... Tech damage is always a bit higher than range damage with the Surge but they both stopped at 75.25%. Is this an actual cap?

I was in the wrong thread a bit ago... ended up in the Sorc thread looking at surge... 250-350 is their suggestions but I would rather repeat my question in the right class... UGH!

there is no actual cap, but as you increase surge over 75%, the diminishing returns starts to go through the roof. the highest surge rating that i know of is 79.xx, which a buddy of mine got.

use one of those surge/crit proc relics and you will see how ridiculous the DR gets over 75%. i have 77% surge, and using a 150 surge adrenal increased my surge by 1.5% lol

I will note it here in my hand little notebook that about 250ish is where the DR starts getting the better of Surge. I make my own augments (armstech) and will see what removing one does as they are +18 Surge and that will sit me on 250 even. If it is at 75%, I will call that my soft cap and move on to power or maybe even endurance augments. I have slowly been moving from Commando pieces to Reflex pieces as I advance at level 50 and tend to tank less for Mako than I DPS for a human tank.

As a side note, I got my first 1.5 "columi set" armorings. It's too bad that the armorings inside the 2 full pieces I have didn't bump up to them so I could pull them out and put them in something else and keep the set bonus. I really do hate that gear. LOL I call it my bagpipe/church organ/noodle-making machine set. If they would take those silly pipes off the back, I could like that gear. :cool:

EDIT: I have not been 50 long on either of my characters. So this is still really new to me with the modding. I acquired the armorings and barrels in Black Hole on Corellia really fast but the mods and enhancements have mostly been yanked out of the odd drops here and there. Your advice is very helpful!

Edited by battycoda

As said above, keep your surge no higher than 250 before you start hitting DM. As long as its above 70% you're gonna be fine. You accuracy is good, crit could use a little love but in your case I would focus mainly on stacking aim or power. I am rolling with 800 power and I can't begin to explain the DPS increase when you stack power :) hope that helps

I'm just assuming you're talking about PVE, and if you are, awesome! I have some input for you!

Crit Rating ~300

Accuracy Rating ~320

Surge Rating ~260

Power Rating ~***

After you hit your numbers for Crit, Acc, and Surge, you should just stack everything else into Power. As you get better gear, you'll be able to swap mods/enhancements/augments to achieve higher Power since Primary and Secondary stats will be also increasing.

Also, max the affection for Gault, Torian, and Skadge - The Legacy bonuses will increase your Crit, Surge, and Accuracy (respectively). That will allow you to further min/max your gear to achieve more Power.