Underworld Surgeon / Barber Shop

Voren_Kurn

When this game launched I wasn't a big fan on many of the hair styles. What I feel this game needs is a Barber Shop and/or something the lines of an "Underworld Surgeon" who can change the your character's facial features, body style...etc this way there is some sort of in game "reason" why you look different.

*You could spend cartel coins to get a voucher or item of some sort that you would allow access to the shop. This voucher would be able to be traded on the GTN like many of the other unlocks and items currently available.

* Simple things like changing the hairstyle or hair color of a character could just be another Credit sink in the game, whereas utilizing the services of the surgeon to make drastic changes (removing scars, changing facial type...) would need that Cartel Market Voucher.

just my two cents, anyone feel free to comment and maybe we could refine this idea!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would love to add a scar or tatoo or hairstyle (they can be shorter hair at first to avoid clipping) to an existing toon.

Body style changes seems a little out there, but I won't stand in the way of your fun. I suppose your toon could workout, go on a diet, or ballon to DeNiro-at-the-end-of-Raging-Bull size.

As much as I'd like to see cosmetic surgeons and barbers in the game, not as a cartel unlock. However only if F2Ps have to pay for it using Cartel coins, then that would be acceptable. Subscribers in both TSW and Wow have free access to them, I know the SWTOR devs wouldn't want to alienate their playerbase.

Additionally the barber and cosmetic services could be avilable to F2Ps and prefered status players but with very limited choices and the rest of the options could only be available through the purchase of a Cartel unlock.

Edited by Vitas

Nearly all players would utilize this feature if offered on at least one of their characters. Many would use it on multiple characters.

My suggestion would be to have more/cheaper access to this if the player was a subscriber.

Nearly all players would utilize this feature if offered on at least one of their characters. Many would use it on multiple characters.

My suggestion would be to have more/cheaper access to this if the player was a subscriber.

yeah, at least 3 of my characters would be utilizing a change of some sort.

I whole heartily agree that subbers should have it cheaper or some other thing that makes subbing an incentive. But also to make sure that things that would be considered simply accomplished in the real world (hair style/color/) would just be used via in game credits.

Maybe have it that if you are F2P you have to pay with Cartel Coins to unlock access to the "barber shop" portion and Subscribers just pay credits. But for any Major cosmetic surgery that would require the "Underworld Surgeon" , would still require a voucher from the Cartel Market, coin price lower for Subs than F2Pers

Bioware will make money if this is implemented in the cartel market.

Most subscribers by this time have burned through their free cartel coins. That means that when they add a barber shop it would be a guaranteed cartel coin purchase. I hope Bioware does the math of at the least 50% of the player base purchasing the cartel coins to use the barber shop.

I hope they make it a priority.

*SIGNED*

Definitely need this, like I posted elsewhere on the forums, imagine going into a major Op in the game and taking down the Nightmare Pilgrim for example, and having a scar added to your face, maybe for RP purposes to mark the event, or maybe all of your guild members who took part could have it as a badge of honour, maybe you want to just have your character look a bit more beaten up after everything they have been through on the grind to 50....

Some perhaps laughable ideas to some people but the actual key point is 'immersion' and connection to your character and a way to keep them customizable to your every whim and mood.

The game needs this please!

• Dev Post

Howdy!

I love the idea of a barber shop feature; we've kicked the idea around a great deal internally. I especially love the idea of being able to add scars to your character as you level (or maybe even change your human to a cyborg because he took too much battle damage!).

Edited by EricMusco

was shocked when i saw a bioware tag in this thread. Imediately checked the post and found out it was just a bug.

Nothing to see here, move along.

I was wondering the same, actually thought they had read the cartel suggestion thread but I suspect its a lot like the suggestion thread. A place for ideas to go and die.

Yeah, here's hoping that it's really a bug, not a troll attempt from bioware to get our hopes up on them listening to our pleas :)

Edit:

Disregard what I said there, I can finally see the dev post.

Edited by Voren_Kurn
Can finally see the dev post on the thread