System requirements for laptop

mengepoes

What laptop? What graphics are on it? Otherwise the rest looks good.

I have a Asus G75VX which I use when traveling.

i7-3630QM (2.4ghz, 3.4ghz with boost)

8g ram

Nvidia GTX670MX w/ 3g dedicated memory

Win8

This plays SWTOR very nicely.

Edited by Vyerix

i7 2.2 GHz

8 GB RAM (It ran well on 6 GB, I didn't see any difference when I added 2)

Win 7 64-bit

Nvidia GeForce GT 525M (2GB)

It runs fine, 30-40 FPS. (I used to get 90-100, but one day after a patch I logged in and got 30, and have ever since.) I have graphics on high, except for shadows and bloom.

• 1 month later...

Model

Brand: Acer

Series: Aspire

Model: V3-551G-8454

Part#: NX.M0AAA.003

General

Color: Midnight Black

Operating System: Windows 8

CPU Type: AMD A8-4500M 1.9GHz

Screen: 15.6"

Memory Size: 4GB DDR3

Hard Disk: 500GB

Optical Drive: DVD Super Multi

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7670M

Video Memory: 1GB

Communication: Gigabit LAN and WLAN

Dimensions: 15" x 9.96" x 0.99"-1.30"

Weight: 5.74 lbs.

CPU

CPU Type: AMD A-Series

CPU Speed: A8-4500M(1.90GHz)

CPU L2 Cache: 4MB

Chipset

Chipset: AMD A70M FCH

Operating Systems

Operating System: Windows 8

Graphics

GPU/VPU: AMD Radeon HD 7670M

Video Memory: Dedicated 1GB

Graphic Type: Dedicated Card

Hard Drive

HDD: 500GB

HDD RPM: 5400rpm

HDD Interface: SATA

Memory

Memory: 4GB

Memory Spec: 4GB x 1

Memory Type: 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM

Memory Slot (Total): 2

Memory Slot (Available): 1

Max Memory Supported: 8GB

I'm running the game on a Win 8 64-bit laptop with I5 processor, 4GB Ram, and integrated Intel graphics. It runs absolutely fine with textures on high but the low res shader and advanced features like bloom, shadows, and anti-aliasing off. Looks pretty good with these settings IMO. I can actually get away with the high res shader and bloom enabled but the FPS is just a little too low for smooth gameplay.

I have an i7, 8 GB Ram, Intel 4000 HD graphics, and I run the game no problem. I just set the graphics to the preset Very Low, then I raise the textures all to high. Looks decent, runs smooth (30 fps is the lowest it falls).

IMO you could up the RAM at very little cost. The key here is the graphics card. Get the very best you can. I have an Nvidia 680 on my laptop and it does everything, including shadows and bloom, on high. There is a thread on here somewhere about maximizing NVidia settings, which I have done and seems to take some of the strain off. Also, if you have a SATA drive option (solid state--no spinning!) and install the game there, it will run a bit faster.

Also, if you have a SATA drive option (solid state--no spinning!) and install the game there, it will run a bit faster.
Um...

SATA is the drive interface. Both "normal" HDDs and SSDs use the SATA interface (Unless you have an older HDD that still uses IDE). It has nothing to do with whether your drive spins or not.

Sorry. Had my acronyms mixed up. I, of course, meant the solid state drive. In the configs I've seen you get a whopping big conventional drive and a much smaller solid state, but plenty large enough to store swtor and probably another game or two. The difference I've noticed is in loading times when SW goes back to grab an additional chunk of game. In-game play is not such a noticeable difference.