Dot classes a bit OP in PvE

Monoth

I really enjoy my Gunslinger Sharpshooter but because dirty fighting has better DPS guilds are starting to force people to go with that build if they want to raid. Same issue with other classes that use dots, they seem to be the preferred class for raids now.

Any chance we can get a buff to the non-dot classes to bring them up to par with dot classes so were not forced to play a spec we don't like in order to raid?

Using ACT parser my Sharpshooter spec can only get an average of 1504 DPS (5 min) where as I can get 1618 on a dirty fighter spec.... That's a pretty big discrepancy between the two IMO. And thats still shy of my friend who gets over 1700 on his sentienl dot spec.

I don't inherently agree with this.

DF/Sab is OP yes--assuming the fight is favorable to a tight rotation. To the point of probably needing nerfed a little (Gunslinger is my main.. I can say this).

DF to SS? They can run very similar numbers. The problem, however, is SS is just harder to do it with than DF. DF is probably the second easiest DPS spec in this entire game so the margin of error makes it seem like its better, when its not inherently so.

And that seems to be the case with most of the DoT vs DD specs. Watchman is easy and does awesome deeps. Sage-Balance is easy (although I actually tend to do more as TK, but every other sage seems to prefer balanace). Etc etc.

The only exception to the rule, I find, is focus vs vigilance Guards. Focus pretty easy to pull good numbers with. Vig, with its dot clipping issues, is not so easy.

I would be in favor of loosening up some rotations though to give us a wider variety. I just don't think the numbers are as off as you think.

It is also very much fight specific. If you have target swaps often then DF falls behind SS. If you can sit in one place and not have to worry about many other mechanics or you know how to manage uptime and can keep your damage doing then DF may pull ahead. SS is also proc reliant, whereas DF is not. There are many factors that come down to if one class or spec is better then another.

It is also very much fight specific. If you have target swaps often then DF falls behind SS. If you can sit in one place and not have to worry about many other mechanics or you know how to manage uptime and can keep your damage doing then DF may pull ahead. SS is also proc reliant, whereas DF is not. There are many factors that come down to if one class or spec is better then another.

Exactly.

In a perfect world, DF/lethality tends to pull higher numbers than SS/Marksman but it is variable depending on the fight mechanics. SS/Marksman is much better at front-loaded damage and can target swap at will. Energy management is also easier and more consistant. Parsers don't show this, but it is a much better spec defensively with some nice talents to improve survivability.

DF/Lethality is heavily penalized in fights that require frequent adds, target swapping, or a lot of weaker mobs. DF/Lethality also sucks at CC as the DOTs break them all the time (more of a PVP concern than PVE). It has no (normally) talented defensive abilities and is very much a glass cannon.

Edited by Infalliable