Petition to Ban Operatives from Queuing Ranked as DPS

Luckeyduckey

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've lost countless matches just based on having DPS operatives on my team. Either buff their ****** survivability, or ban them from PvP.

I think you're just encountering unskilled operatives. If you buff durability they're going to suffer somewhere else. It would simply be necessary.

Mmmm, maybe. Even the best two on my server die fast under pressure though. It needs some tweaking.

It's hilarious how bad our defensive CDs are, especially compared to every other DPS class. It's particularly bad when compared to Sins, the other stealth DPS class, who have a number of defensive CDs, viable hybrids, and survivability talents that DPS Ops (Concealment especially) don't have access to. At this point, I just play to show BW how awful our class is and hope for a buff in the near future.

To be honest, rank-matching should pretty much take care of underpowered specs affecting chance to win.

People playing them will simply have garbage ranks, pairing them with and against windowlickers on OP specs and mediocre players on middling specs.

Means you wouldn't have as high a rank on the UP spec as you would if you played an OP spec, but if you care about ranking that much you should switch spec, eh?

Balancing would be nice, but experience teaches me simply to hope the nerfs aren't too hilariously brutal.

I'm not saying nerf it. I'm saying it needs a buff. And if it won't be buffed, then they need to force Operatives to be healers. It's really that simple. Even the best will struggle.

Dude, operative dps has a lot more CC's and survivability than some other dpsers.

(Mercenaries anyone?)

Dude, operative dps has a lot more CC's and survivability than some other dpsers.

(Mercenaries anyone?)

Dude dont pull the merc card....everytime I see a "poor pitiful" thread someone always says "atleast your not a commando/merc". I have a merc, he doesnt seem to do too bad. They arent 3 button winners like the tank classes, but its not like they dont have worthwhile abiliities.

Edited by Haystak

I think you're just encountering unskilled operatives. If you buff durability they're going to suffer somewhere else. It would simply be necessary.

It is not like dps operative hell lot of damage either, or put different which damage you want to nerf there?

And for those that still dont understand dps scoundrels and operatives are the squishiest melee dps class in game. since you have to go melee to do anything they are effectively the squishiest class in game.

The CC they have is good and in heals spec combine with a lot of other abilities this leads to great survivability, but as dps i cant make up for the disadvantage of having no decent CD despite combat stealth (which in concealment you want to save for another hidden strike).

Since the class will never get buffed anyway, and the series of nerfs continue i think BW can just put the nail into the coffin, to middle tree. Lethality still is decently good in regs, but once it gets competitive the slightest they die like flies.

One reason you see so many operative healers running around in pvp is that you have to be masochist to play the other two tree for a longer while.

Dude dont pull the merc card....everytime I see a "poor pitiful" thread someone always says "atleast your not a commando/merc". I have a merc, he doesnt seem to do too bad. They arent 3 button winners like the tank classes, but its not like they dont have worthwhile abiliities.

->electro net....smashers love that :p

Cant be that bad, their is like what 30 of us left in the game.

"The last remaining viable wild population, estimated 20-25 individuals, is found in a small area..."

Now hunted to near-extinction, the Lesser Spotted Scrapper roamed the plains of Alderaan and Denova, where they provided an effective brake on the numbers of slower-witted, lumbering creatures. Their former prey's noisy, trumpeting hordes overrun today's warzones.

Edited by Wainamoinen

"The last remaining viable wild population, estimated 20-25 individuals, is found in a small area..."

Now hunted to near-extinction, the Lesser Spottted Scrapper formerly roamed the plains of Alderaan and Denova, where they provided an effective brake on the numbers of slower-witted, lumbering creatures. Their former prey's noisy, trumpeting hordes overrun today's warzones.

Haha! Mine's stuffed and displayed on a shelf.

I'm naively holding out to see what 2.5 brings before going sawbones.

Operative DPS really got the shaft in this game. They went from being ridiculously OP at launch to being practically a throwaway spec. Go heals or go home. Concealment especially is a joke...completely reliant on their opener, because most of what they do out of stealth is worthless.

I've referred to Scoundrels as Scroungers for so long, I almost forget what their real name is. About all they can do is pick the bones of half-dead players.

Edited by TheronFett

Now hunted to near-extinction, the Lesser Spotted Scrapper roamed the plains of Alderaan and Denova, where they provided an effective brake on the numbers of slower-witted, lumbering creatures. Their former prey's noisy, trumpeting hordes overrun today's warzones.

Amen. I don't even play on my Scrapper anymore; adding the low quality of pub PvP on top of being a low quality spec was a death sentence. My Concealment does fine in unranked but the 2 or 3 man focus of a ranked WZ just melts me.

But as I said earlier, hopefully BW sees this fiasco and does something (anything?) to give us some darn defensive CDs. Or a general survivability buff. Definitely not holding breath, but we can hope.