I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

TheBBP

So it makes sense to implement stuff that other MMOs don't have. Like romance content, which includes SGR content.

But not before other most important content.

Again. We are not agains SGR. We want BW to focus into other most important things to help this game. SGR will not help this game to have more subbers. Epic and cool stuff will.

And reading your post again

>Implying this is not a WoW clone.

And how many "SGR" topics were there. I know there may not be as many new ones, but there is a HUGE one in the Story and Lore forums with quite a devoted following. And I would much rather have SGR than pazzak or more pvp.

If you prefer SGR before pazaak or Arenas, or Swoops then you don't play SWTOR as an MMO. You are playing it as a Single Player game.

Edited by Royox

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you prefer SGR before pazaak or Arenas, or Swoops then you don't play SWTOR as an MMO. You are playing it as a Single Player game.

Uh, no, I do plenty of things in the game besides blackscreen up my companions in romances. I go on ops, I do hard modes, I do dailies, I start silly discussions about my cat in fleet general chat, I run lowbies through flashpoints because sometimes I just feel nice, and I do giveaways, also because sometimes I just feel nice. Just because I wouldn't play Pazaak, Swoops, or Arenas doesn't mean I don't play the game as an MMO.

SGR is presented in the story of Makeb. It's part of the story update. It's not a mini-game with rules, it's story content. Leaving story content out of a story content update would be rather silly, wouldn't it?

Pazaak, Sabaac, HoloChess, Swoop Racing: these are all mini-games that have nothing to do with a story update. BW has said they are working on it, but there's no time table presented. Open World PvP: being worked on. All these things are being worked on.

I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that these things were shelved in place of SGR.

Not to mention that everything that will be in Makeb hasn't been released yet because it's still in development.

SGR is presented in the story of Makeb. It's part of the story update. It's not a mini-game with rules, it's story content. Leaving story content out of a story content update would be rather silly, wouldn't it?

Pazaak, Sabaac, HoloChess, Swoop Racing: these are all mini-games that have nothing to do with a story update. BW has said they are working on it, but there's no time table presented. Open World PvP: being worked on. All these things are being worked on.

I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that these things were shelved in place of SGR.

Not to mention that everything that will be in Makeb hasn't been released yet because it's still in development.

I've said the same thing multiple times, but people continue to want to act like the took the whole development team and forced them to focus on SGR rather than it being a little extra tweaking of the promised story content (Makeb) that they've been talking about since last spring.

But surelly minigames and pvp stuff can help a lot more to this game than SGR. Just look how many "pazaak" topics are opened every single day. Yesterday there were about 5 new topics about pazaak.

Ok, PvP is still going to be shown the love and chances are Mini-Games will still be added. Most Mini-Games either don't need much from the Writing Department, if at all. The only ones that might would be Swoop Racing, but even then, most of what would be added is from other Department and not the Writing or Voice Over Department.

Also to those that are saying adding Mini-Games are easy to do, no actually it isn't. Adding Pazaak, Sabacc, or Swoop Racing to an MMO is a lot harder then say adding them to Single Player Games like KOTOR 1 & 2. Cause with Swoop Racing, you have Course Layouts, What Worlds can they utilize, How many Racers per Course or should it be only 1 Racer on a course, how many laps, if betting should be allowed, how would "PvP" Racing work, etc. With Pazaak/Sabacc you have how would handing out Cards work, what kind of decks should be created, how should the decks be sold, where all should Tables be at, how should Pazaak & Sabacc Tables be spread out, how many tables per locations, how to handle new players coming in while old players leave the tables, should a new window open up or not, among other things.

Not to mention those Mini-Games actually require a lot more Resources, Work, Thought Process, etc then SGR's do. With the SGR's, the hardest parts are writing the words without coming off as obvious stereotypical and having Voice Overs that don't come off as stereotypical.

And by stereotypical, in this sense, I am referring to the stereotypical gay male of being flamboyant and sounding feminine and the stereotypical lesbian of being butch and dressing more masculine then other women.

Cause if SGR's were to be added in with most/all SGR NPC's and in the future Companions that are done to be like the above Stereotypes, then that would be a lot more problematic and cause more PR Problems.

It is statements like that, that show just how weak your views are.. Do you really believe that more people in the gaming community want SGR, than Pazzak or Swoop races?? Or are you just saying that in hopes that someone will will actually believe you?? Heck, dual specc'ing and guild capital ships gets suggested more than SGR..

Just go back and read this thread.. I am glad you can make a list.. We all can make a list.. But only one list had to put someone else's list down in attempt to give themsevles some credibility.. It is quoted above..

This issue is about priorities, not putting someone down or their post down.. Nobody is saying that SGR's shouldn't be added.. Just that the resources shouldn't be used at this time to add them.. There are other things, more pressing things that should be addressed..

Now please.. Do not put my post down again.. It is unwarranted and doesn't help your cause.. Everyone is entitled to their own list and I wouldn't presume to speak for other folks.. As for what the player base wants?? I will let the forums speak for themselves..

So when should they be added in your opinion? There will never be infinite resources to work on everything at the same time. To you new operations (that will be abandoned as obsolete when the next new one appears) will always be more 'valuable' than SGR content. As for the forums, seems to me that the player base wants Bioware devs' heads on platters and for the game to become some mythical Warhammer/SWG/WoW cross-bred beast.

Why waste time with a new operation that will be farmed to death for 2 months then never touched again because players burned themselves out on it? Why not create more story content, something this game pounded its chest so proudly about?

If Bioware really wanted to know what players thought they would use in-game polls-free players don't get to use the forum so their opinions are apparently worthless to some people, no matter how much they may spend.

I have friends who just run War Zones, every now and then they go out to do perhaps a little bit of story-q's. One of my PvP-friends just turned up on the fleet with his new JC and Nadia. I commented on how fast he was lvl:ing and that was a cute outfit he had for Nadia. He said something to the equivalent of "Who?" . Me: "Nadia- your future pixel-wife?". He didn't know who Nadia was as a companion because he had just space-barred through the story pretty much. He doesn't do companion-convos that much either, just for his designated crafter. He and I have complete opposite playstyles since for me story is the most important thing and I'm quite happy to see the addition of SGR.

Different people like different things =) luckily BioWare does stuff for all of us. I would rate story as more important than PvP and I'm pretty sure my buddy would do the complete opposite. You never know what the people around you may like.

If all he cares about is pvp why play mmos? Surely there are fps games that do pvp much better?

This is a MMO. A MMO needs MMO stuff so more people plays it and pays for it. SGR is NOT the kind of stuff that makes people choose your MMO instead of another. Minigames content is the kind of stuff that makes people choose your MMO instead of another.

God it's so hard to understand? Priority should be adding stuff so MORE PEOPLE COMES. People who enjoyed SGR playing Mass Effect or Dragon Age will not play SWTOR because SGR. What the hell...do you think somebody will say "omg, in this swtor game I can do SGR again?? I HAVE TO PLAY IT!!!" god dammit NO. MMO's are about CONTENT and "what can I do instead of being jumping on the fleet". Today a High end PVP and PVE player the only thing he can do is...STAY STILL ON THE FLEET waiting for the next WZ or the next FP to pop up. We need Stuff to do. Things to do. Things that makes people MOVE. Go to Nar Shadda, to Tatooine. Make the game feel alive. Adding pazaak on every cantina and Swoop Races on Tatooine and Nar Shadda would make it. People would move a lot.

What would do SGR to improve the health of this game??? NOTHING. People would stay still on the fleet waiting for the next WZ or FP. Doing nothing. And some day they will be bored and they will leave the game.

We are NOT against SGR...ffs my commander FemShepard banged Liara!. We only say there are other priorities to keep this game as healthy as possible.

You misunderstood me surely because i'm not english and I did not express what I would correctly...I was refering to the "SGR oficial Thread"...there is like a "WE WANT, WE WANT" giant thread. I was not talking about you or anybody on this thread.

So sitting around Tatooine waiting to madly press buttons when swoop racing is better than sitting around the fleet waiting to madly press buttons when in a warzone?

Did you have a male Shepard get togetther with Kaidan or Cortez? Seems to me there is a large divide between male and female SGR among players.

I love how so many are saying "we're not against it, it should just wait until there are resources for it (in other words, never since there will always be something more important to those people)".

I don't get the argument that it's wasted resources cos it's just for the minority.

We basically already know it's gonna be an NPC ergo it's likely we'll all interact with him as part of the planet story arc or a sidequest. He's gonna be sending us out for 10 rats and throw us some credits and/or direction to the next quest hub.

And he'll have a [Flirt] option for some to click. I don't see that as wasted resources and devtime.

Heck, if you're splitting hair, every interaction in the game is 2/3 wasted resources as you won't see the other 2 responses or the cinematics they may lead to, and frankly not many of us will do replays. So when we pick a response the others are essentially dev time down the drain as far as we're concerned. But that's the essence of BW games innit.

Only difference this time is the NPC will have a [Flirt] option I'll never click, like dozens others have a [Kill] option I never click cos I'm not part of the sociopath minority that however apparently does deserve "pandering to".

Real criminal misappropriation of development resources that. Not. So lets all get a grip with the "they're doing SGR when they should be adding content for everyone" thing cos it's ridiculous. Not one bit of story content in TOR is by necessity "for everyone", that's the bloody point. I won't flirt with the gay guy when I talk to him, whooptie do. I also didn't cut off heads as a bounty hunter. I'll survive I think. And I think the game is better for having the CHOICE, even if I never do it.

I appreciate the polite feedback. Thank you.

I have to disagree. There are a BUNCH of standard MMO features that this game is missing that if implemented, could go a long way to improving this game for the vast majority of the playerbase rather than adding SGRs for a small amount of the playerbase.

Again, I am not saying that SGRs do not belong in the game, but there are MANY other things that should have taken priority.

I have to disagree. There are a BUNCH of standard MMO features that this game is missing that if implemented, could go a long way to improving this game for the vast majority of the playerbase rather than adding SGRs for a small amount of the playerbase.

Again, I am not saying that SGRs do not belong in the game, but there are MANY other things that should have taken priority.

Once again. It is NOT. A SMALL. AMOUNT. OF THE. PLAYER. BASE.

I've come across way too damn many people who want it in game, if only for the reason cause it's a Bioware staple. Some have been rather rude about it while most have been impatient, yet cool about the wait,

Memory leak.

Server transfers.

Guild functionality...

All things far more important that would benefit far more people than the inclusion of SGRs. SGRs should have definitely been at the bottom of the must-do list somewhere next to hood toggles.

Writers, Voice Actors, and Animators don't work on any of those features. SGR in new content isn't taking any additional time away from content as long as VO is being used in the game. SGR in old content might have greater impact since it was stated there are technical hurrdles there. I think it be perfectly OK to not backtrack SGR into old content, I think the characters can be more compelling if everyone wasn't generically bisexual.

Once again. It is NOT. A SMALL. AMOUNT. OF THE. PLAYER. BASE.

I've come across way too damn many people who want it in game, if only for the reason cause it's a Bioware staple. Some have been rather rude about it while most have been impatient, yet cool about the wait,

Right. On that note, I know a ton of people who, like me, love the Seahawks. That doesn't make us Seahawk fans a majority of the people around. You have also again failed to realize that this thread is not a debate on whether or not SGRs belong in the game. This thread is about their misplaced priority. Please keep on topic.

It doesn't matter what department works on what. What matters is that it takes resources to put in the work. I don't condone any resources whatsoever going toward satiating such a small amount of the playerbase with SGRs over other much-needed things that resources could have gone to.

Edited by TheBBP

BBP, let’s agree that no one posting in this forum actually knows how many players want or make use of any given aspect of SWTOR. We just don’t know the numbers, or how they compare to one another… not even ballpark numbers.**

For example, one could make a case that PvP interests as few as 10% of the player base, or that SGRAs interest 30% or more. No-one knows.

But this is what you said:

I agree that if you lump ALL the various features together, the total numbers of players who want non-SGR features may outweigh the number in favour of SGRAs, but that’s not really fair – If it were, then you could just as easily say PvP has few adherents compared to the total number wanting other features (including SGRAs) and so PvP should be postponed in favour of all the non-PvP features (which include SGRAs).

If I replace the extravagant claims of numbers with neutral statements, and do one-on-one comparisons of features, this is what your argument looks like:

I have to disagree. There are a BUNCH of standard MMO features that this game is missing. Any one of these, if implemented, could go a long way to improving this game for a proportion of the playerbase rather than adding SGRs which would go a long way to improving this game for a proportion of the playerbase.

Then your last sentence doesn’t follow anymore.

My point is this: you can make any argument come out in your favour if you base it on numbers that have no known basis. You can BELIEVE the numbers are true… but then that just means that you’re asking us to believe you’re right, even though you have nothing to back it up. On faith, as it were.

** If you do know the numbers... then just post a link so that we can see them.

Edited by markcymru

BBP, let’s agree that no one posting in this forum actually knows how many players want or make use of any given aspect of SWTOR. We just don’t know the numbers, or how they compare to one another… not even ballpark numbers.**

For example, one could make a case that PvP interests as few as 10% of the player base, or that SGRAs interest 30% or more. No-one knows.

But this is what you said:

I agree that if you lump ALL the various features together, the total numbers of players who want non-SGR features may outweigh the number in favour of SGRAs, but that’s not really fair – If it were, then you could just as easily say PvP has few adherents compared to the total number wanting other features (including SGRAs) and so PvP should be postponed in favour of all the non-PvP features (which include SGRAs).

If I replace the extravagant claims of numbers with neutral statements, and do one-on-one comparisons of features, this is what your argument looks like:

Then your last sentence doesn’t follow anymore.

My point is this: you can make any argument come out in your favour if you base it on numbers that have no known basis. You can BELIEVE the numbers are true… but then that just means that you’re asking us to believe you’re right, even though you have nothing to back it up. On faith, as it were.

** If you do know the numbers... then just post a link so that we can see them.

Do you have numbers to refute my claim or are you here just to argue? This thread is about the misplaced prioritization of SGRs.

Do you have numbers to refute my claim or are you here just to argue? This thread is about the misplaced prioritization of SGRs.

Then please keep it that way and stop saying small amount of the player base and what not when you won't provide actual proof

Then please keep it that way and stop saying small amount of the player base and what not when you won't provide actual proof

It is of my belief that an SGR feature is wanted by a small minority of the overall community because there has been no evidence presented to me that says otherwise. If you would like to change my mind about it, I will certainly look at your proof. Outside of that, there is nothing wrong with me stating my opinion.

It is of my belief that an SGR feature is wanted by a small minority of the overall community because there has been no evidence presented to me that says otherwise. If you would like to change my mind about it, I will certainly look at your proof. Outside of that, there is nothing wrong with me stating my opinion.

There is if it will continue to end up derailing this thread. So I will ask again nicely, please stop referring to the amount of people who want &/or use SGR's as being a small amount or any variation thereof cause while it is your opinion, you don't have any proof to back up such a claim and by saying that it will only cause a derailment of your thread &/or cause people to get angry and flame the thread causing it to be locked for cleansing or worse, so again, pretty please stop referring to the amount of people as being a small amount or any variation thereof.

I understand that most forum-goers do not like to read all of the posts in a multi-page thread (I am guilty of this as well) so I will repeat what has already been said and elaborate a little.

I have followed this game very closely since day 1. I am the 176th person to register at this site and have been very active here. We knew that SGRs were coming eventually as this was told to us LONG ago. What I do not agree with is that they were given precedence over other far more needed features that would have benefited far more people.

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not I think that they should be in the game. This thread is about what I believe to be is misplaced priorities by the devs.

They were not given precedence over other "far more needed features". Here's the list of the 78 separate patches that have gone live as a reminder:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

That includes the six major content patches:

1.1.0 Rise of the Rakghouls

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.1.0/rise-rakghouls

1.2.0 Legacy

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.2.0/legacy

1.3.0 Allies

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.3.0/allies

1.4.0 Terror From Beyond

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.4.0/terror-beyond

1.5.0 HK-51 Activated

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.5.0/hk-51-activated

1.6.0 Ancient Hypergate

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.6.0/ancient-hypergate

But not before other most important content.

Again. We are not agains SGR. We want BW to focus into other most important things to help this game. SGR will not help this game to have more subbers. Epic and cool stuff will.

OK I'll play your game.

As they have already waited 12 months and most probably another 3 to go for a total of 15 months since launch before the implementation of SGR content.

How Much Longer do you want them to wait for Any content?

PvP fans have waited... never mind they already had updates

Ops fans have waited... never mind they already had updates

Flashpoint fans have waited... never mind they already had updates

Bug Fixes... Every patch has them, They have their own dedicated development team

SGR will not help this game to have more subbers.

Only thing I have to say.

Different people, different taste.

You, Personally, are not attracted to it. But there are people that are, and would sub for that reason.

You, Personally, are not attracted to it. But there are people that are, and would sub for that reason.

Indeed. But let's play a mini-game here to make my point clear:

-You can make a massive announcement for all the internet (youtube, google....what you want).

-Swtor's fate depends of your announcement. If people don't join this game because your announcement SWTOR dies.

-You have to chose one of these features to announce:

- We have SGR.

-We have PVP space battles.

What would you choose?

Edited by Royox

OK I'll play your game.

As they have already waited 12 months and most probably another 3 to go for a total of 15 months since launch before the implementation of SGR content.

How Much Longer do you want them to wait for Any content?

PvP fans have waited... never mind they already had updates

Ops fans have waited... never mind they already had updates

Flashpoint fans have waited... never mind they already had updates

Bug Fixes... Every patch has them, They have their own dedicated development team

THANK YOU. Thank you thank you thank you.

Bug fixes, Flashpoints, Warzones, and PvP have had the highest priority in this game so far. And I will not at all be surprised that they get more FPs, WZs, and PvP crap when Makeb comes out (along with bug fixes, but that is expected in every patch). We'll just ALSO happen to get some NPC SGR [flirts]. So really, who has the highest priority anyway? They can kindly get their panties out of twist and let us have this one little bone to gnaw until we finally get companion SGRs.