New action bar lock and unlock is silly

Radazur

Now i hope that I am not the only person who thinks this but the old unlock button, the padlock, was very simple and not broken. You could tell when you locked and unlocked the action bars because the padlock image locked and unlocked. Now however all we have is a silly arrow that doesn't change when you click it, all it does is make a noise. I am starting to become very sick of thinking that my action bar is locked only to have one of my abilities lifted off the action bar mid fight. Could some body please explain to me why they changed a function that was not broken and that no body complained about. Why change a clear function to a very confusing one?????

Please please please change it back to how it was before.

Edited by Radazur

You are not alone. I don't understand it, either and it annoys me, too. I want the padlock back. Or some other indication whether my bars are locked or not. (And no, mousing over to see whether the arrow locks or unlocks them does not count.)

What u mean its a bug that totally changed the icon used for that function?

and i just looked through the known issues and the dev tracker and couldn't see any mention of it (but i might of missed it)

Sigh....

From this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583152

Hi everyone. We appreciate your reports about the quickbar lock icon becoming an arrow. The change was unintentional, and we'll be reverting it in an upcoming patch.

Hello!

Just so everyone is aware, you can see the current lock status by reading the tooltip on the right (or wherever you might have put the "large tooltip" if you have moved it with the interface editor) like few people have pointed out.

Chicktopus - I too thought initially it was a missing art asset, but it was accidently updated with the recent addition of the bank and inventory sorting. You'll see the arrow icon there for the direction of the sort.

Edited by Master-Nala