Romancing Mako

DivisionZero

I've heard as female, you get the option to romance Torian, but I'm not 100% sure.

You DO have to get pretty far in Mako's story before any sort of romance stuff happens (as in, the lvl 48 combat quest for her) and then it happens fairly quickly.

Actually, once you get married, she starts sending you funny in-game mail with certain npc-gifts items. (Which I kind of feel bad for regifting to Blizz)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify a few things.

You can't really begin her romance / background until you've cleared Act 1. You can raise her affection to cap but it'll do nothing before that point.

You can marry her before boarding the Tyrant as long as you max her affection and complete her companion quests.

Once you've married her, I think there's one more conversation and then that's it, no more until Bioware add it in.

She starts sending you little sweet mails with attached gifts afterwards. They can be useful for leveling affection with your other companions.

Easiest way to level affection with her ISN'T gifts.

Do repeat runs of Black Talon, choose all the right options and you're looking at around 440-450 affection per run. This can be easily (and quickly) done as early as 25, having a speeder, avoiding every mob you can and near abusive use of space bar to skip scenes can have you doing a run in as little as 10-11 minutes. If you really want to save time, mix gifts in with each run and wham, she'll be capped in no time.

The Black Talon runs don't seem to work for any other BH companion but it seems to work for the first companion of every class.

Honestly, I farmed her affection to improve my mission and crafting times and instead got rewarded with, quite possibly, one of the best Bioware characters I've seen yet. I'd recommend romancing Mako to anyone playing a Bounty Hunter. Not for the romance but simply to get a glimpse at one of the most endearing characters I've seen in a video game recently.

I've heard as female, you get the option to romance Torian, but I'm not 100% sure.)

Yes, we do get Torian, who is awesome btw. I hear that you can flirt with your companion, but the officalromance doesn't start until 50. Not sure though.

As for same sex, I think my friend got one for Ashara (the SI female companion) as a female Twi'lek, not sure on that one either.

Edited by Kikilicious

She won't be able to. BioWare said they will put in same-sex romances but only with new companions

Yeah, the only companions they'll really add are same sex, and others like Gault/Blizz/Skadge who are not romancable. Hold out for them or go for Torian (seriously, no one likes him?!)

She won't be able to. BioWare said they will put in same-sex romances but only with new companions

That is so utterly disappointing to me. Whelp time to slightly modify how I RP with my female and roll up a male Bounty Hunter. Think I'll go Powertech this time.

My BH married Mako. She now sends me love letters and companion gifts everyday.

It started after I completed the companion quest. I had a quest to talk to her sever times after that on my ship. Each time i had the option to Flirt/Kiss. After a few rounds of that they had some "alone time" and agreed to marry.

I was already lvl 50 and had 10,000 affection when i started the companion quest for Mako.

Edited by NipLick

Blizz and Mako are cute when they interact. He wants to brush her hair ♥

Anyway, after I finished Act II at level 40, I got a bunch of quests for both Torian and Mako (Torian was at 8k and Mako was at 7.5k, they leveled me halfway!). I got married to Torian within 5 mins (female Chiss). Two kisses, one "alone time" scene, then married. If Mako is high enough, you should come upon the Coral thing. Later, you can get married.

Edited by Kikilicious

My BH married Mako. She now sends me love letters and companion gifts everyday.

It started after I completed the companion quest. I had a quest to talk to her sever times after that on my ship. Each time i had the option to Flirt/Kiss. After a few rounds of that they had some "alone time" and agreed to marry.

I was already lvl 50 and had 10,000 affection when i started the companion quest for Mako.

Is there an actual cutscene for the wedding or anything? Or you just ask her and then that's it?

You keep flirting with her and at around 9300ish she says, ok I changed my mind. Then you can ask her to marry you and thats basically the end of the storyline. No cutscenes, no expanding on it.

Just - ok we are married. Done.

I haven't finished the class quest on Ilum because its bugged, but Im guessing I'll finish it tonight thanks to the patch. Maybe there is more stuff after the finish of act 3 but I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't.

Due to your position as a notorious bounty hunter, a formal wedding would be too dangerous and out of character. She does mail you some nice rank 1 artifact gifts along with love letters to show her affection.

Is a trick. She wants to see if you will re-gift the stuff she gives you, and give it back to her.

:mon_trap:

The grade 5 pink nia paste or whatever it's called which you get from underworld trading (technology of course) gave me +499 affection with her each time and rolled off to about +374 around 9000 affection. However, I'm stuck at 9994 affection and can't raise it. Bug?