I'd like to see more info on this 'expac' before preordering!

Pubsam

The only thing I'm confused about is, does paying the $10 only give you the 5 days of early access? In other words, will I have to pay the full non-sub price of $20 after Jan. 7th? Because I can wait five days if 10 bucks only gives me a week of access before everyone else. Just not sure what the 10 bucks will get me, and what happens after Jan 7th if I haven't preordered yet.

But, yeah, I'd like to see more info from Bioware as well, or at least an extended deadline to preorder so we can know a bit of what is in Makeb. That said, who am I kidding, I'll probably end up preordering anyways.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I'm confused about is, does paying the $10 only give you the 5 days of early access? In other words, will I have to pay the full non-sub price of $20 after Jan. 7th? Because I can wait five days if 10 bucks only gives me a week of access before everyone else. Just not sure what the 10 bucks will get me, and what happens after Jan 7th if I haven't preordered yet.

But, yeah, I'd like to see more info from Bioware as well, or at least an extended deadline to preorder so we can know a bit of what is in Makeb. That said, who am I kidding, I'll probably end up preordering anyways.

I thought it was this:

Pay 10 now and receive the expansion at 10 dollars AND get early access.

If the 7th passes:

You must pay $25 and you do not get early access.

I am making a general assumption that they will extend the offer date.

I already bought it so if they do, great for other people. If they don't, people don't have any room to complain as they were told up front what the day was.

And for those complaining we don't know a whole lot: Yes it is kind of vague but the new state of the game does indeed make it look like there is a heck of a lot more to Makeb than was originally planned. I took the risk and I don't regret it. It's not the original leaked Makeb content from what they are saying.

Edited by Arkerus

I did pre-order simply because $10 is ridiculously cheap and I want to continue to play and level my characters. But I understand the hesitation, as I truly am mystified by their constant hush-hush about everything until the last minute policies lately. Why not just announce things? are they so working on a day to day to day basis with everything that they really aren't sure what's going to make it into the expansion? I guess looking at the past year, this really isn't a stretch.

And what I have been saying about the CE is that expectations on CE box purchases is irrelevant since the box never at any point made promises, warranties or signed contracts obligating the company to expand the collector's edition vendor stock. Now the question has been asked countless of times in forums, guild meetings and there's still not much clarity on the answers from Bioware.

For me people who bought the CE paid and got what they wanted, the statue and a bunch of shiny stuff.

Now if you can find exactly where on the product states that CE subscribers will get more things down the line, please show me. :)

In Febuary 2012 in a thread, a yellow name did say more would be added to the CE vendor. And it never was.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3086446#post3086446

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

I did pre-order simply because $10 is ridiculously cheap and I want to continue to play and level my characters. But I understand the hesitation, as I truly am mystified by their constant hush-hush about everything until the last minute policies lately. Why not just announce things? are they so working on a day to day to day basis with everything that they really aren't sure what's going to make it into the expansion? I guess looking at the past year, this really isn't a stretch.

Too true.

I thought it was this:

Pay 10 now and receive the expansion at 10 dollars AND get early access.

If the 7th passes:

You must pay $25 and you do not get early access.

I believe - subs will pay $10 whether you buy the expansion NOW.....or buy the expansion when the expansion releases. I have seen no information that says the price is going to change for sub's/or F2P after the 7th.

Pre-ordering (ordering prior TO January 7, 2013) simply gives you 5 days early access - don't pre-order...your still gonna pay $10.....you just won't get access until the expansion goes live for everyone.

Feel free to correct me on this...............

Edited by DarkkChaos

You're going to buy it anyway regardless so pre-order and be happy.

+1

It's true...every person who is reluctant...or "waiting for more information".............is just gonna buy it anyways - regardless of if they tell you EVERYTHING...or NOTHING.

It is a massive content drop....people are going to buy it.....and people are going to come back to the game, because of it.

I'm quite optimistic with the future of TOR..........I don't see this game getting it's plug pulled anytime soon.:cool:

Edited by DarkkChaos

I believe - subs will pay $10 whether you buy the expansion NOW.....or buy the expansion when the expansion releases. I have seen no information that says the price is going to change for sub's/or F2P after the 7th.

Pre-ordering (ordering prior TO January 7, 2013) simply gives you 5 days early access - don't pre-order...your still gonna pay $10.....you just won't get access until the expansion goes live for everyone.

Feel free to correct me on this...............

They haven't guaranteed anything other than the cost difference if you pre-order before the 7th or after from $10-$20. I wouldn't go off anything else until it's in writing.

What is with this logic of "It's only $10! Just buy it!" Do you realize how many little games I could buy on Steam right now for $10 or less? They're so cheap that I'm virtually guaranteed to get my money's worth (if you're going to price 'time spent entertained'), but that doesn't mean I buy everything I see on Steam.

Something's relative cheapness can be a bonus or an incentive, but as long as the price isn't outright prohibitive I make my purchase decisions based on product quality!

Also all you people who blow your noses with $10 bills - don't you want more info on the expac as well?

What I want to know is there any point to my ordering this now when I've just recently started playing and am no where near 50, and probably won't be any time soon? Is all the content added above level 50? Is there any point to the expansion for new players?

I know a lot of people have weighed on this, but...my $0.02.

- There's no sense of whether the price is going to go up after the pre-order period. If you think it might and you want it, buy it now.

- Otherwise: the only bene they've indicated pre-ordering will get you is 5 days early access. That's it.

Thing is, you may not be anywhere near 50 /now/, but we don't know when, exactly, this is going to drop. 'This spring', but Bioware has shown in the past that 'this spring' could just as easily mean June as March.

But even given that, it's not too difficult to level a character to 50 in about a month--meaning that by the time RotHC drops, you might have a level 50, a good guild, and wanting to get in early.

Then again, you may have quit playing in February, too.

So, you'll have to decide whether it's worth it to you for the potential for those five early days and with the likelihood you'll be around to take advantage of it.

What is with this logic of "It's only $10! Just buy it!" Do you realize how many little games I could buy on Steam right now for $10 or less? They're so cheap that I'm virtually guaranteed to get my money's worth (if you're going to price 'time spent entertained'), but that doesn't mean I buy everything I see on Steam.

Something's relative cheapness can be a bonus or an incentive, but as long as the price isn't outright prohibitive I make my purchase decisions based on product quality!

Also all you people who blow your noses with $10 bills - don't you want more info on the expac as well?

You do realize you can wait till more info, then purchase it? Its not limited edition that will somehow disappear, It doesn't get more expensive if you don't order it now.

I know a lot of people have weighed on this, but...my $0.02.

- There's no sense of whether the price is going to go up after the pre-order period. If you think it might and you want it, buy it now.

- Otherwise: the only bene they've indicated pre-ordering will get you is 5 days early access. That's it.

Thing is, you may not be anywhere near 50 /now/, but we don't know when, exactly, this is going to drop. 'This spring', but Bioware has shown in the past that 'this spring' could just as easily mean June as March.

But even given that, it's not too difficult to level a character to 50 in about a month--meaning that by the time RotHC drops, you might have a level 50, a good guild, and wanting to get in early.

Then again, you may have quit playing in February, too.

So, you'll have to decide whether it's worth it to you for the potential for those five early days and with the likelihood you'll be around to take advantage of it.

I see no trend in SWTOR that would indicate that the price of this content will rise. Seems more that the opposite will occur.

We can complain and voice opinions, however, the only voice really heard is that which comes from our wallets.

If the pre-order goes well for them, why would they change anything at all? Rinse, repeat.

As I have said in other CE threads, beyond the cool looking statue, music CD, collector tin, a book, map and security and a few other in-game vanity digital items only you can get, what did you expect paying an absurd $180 at the time? I am spending not even 1/10ths of the CE price and I still think its a steal compared to paying for coffee or movies for two.

I got the CE when the price for it tanked. I did not feel that $120 or whatever it was justify me ever paying for something that expensive no matter how much I liked it.

I think it's the "regularly updated" statement people take issue with.

They haven't guaranteed anything other than the cost difference if you pre-order before the 7th or after from $10-$20. I wouldn't go off anything else until it's in writing.

Where did they say it was going up to 20 for subs after the 7th? You say the last line there so it must be in writing somewhere.

I'm considering just waiting until they release it on the CM, which you know they will do soon after release. I have a bet with a friend that it comes to the CM within the first month after.

Now that would be priceless. All the "it's only 10 dollars" folks will be the ones upset they couldn't use their coins. Then when people say to them "but it's only 10 dollars", they will say "it's the principle" or some other catchphrase they will all use.

They are intentionally being vague to get as many suckers as possible to buy something with as little information as possible. The content...err, I mean "expansion" will be a complete disappointment. If it was any good, they would be screaming about all the new things it would have.

Would you buy a meal at a restaurant if they told you, "Oh yeah, it's gonna be great! There will be a protein (maybe) and some vegetables (maybe), but we won't give you the specifics until after you pay for it."? I wouldn't. How about buying a new computer? "We'll discount the price for you. It will be fast (probably), but we won't tell you the components in it until after you bought it."

They probably did some consumer testing to see what the price point would be for idiots, I mean people, to pay money for something without knowing anything about it and $10, with some early access, was the answer.

The money is not even an issue for me. I really don't know if I will be continuing to play, and feel that what is actually in this expansion is very unknown yet. Even the little info they have mentioned; I feel it could change a whole lot..and there are some things, which if included, would mark the end of my interest in the game...they may be rumors only but as we are not getting conclusive info, who knows? The devs may not even know at this point.

I hear there is some class balance thing they plan and sadly I have no confidence in their "balancing". If my scoundrel or operative gets 1 more nerf, I am done I think. It's just so damned irritating. Just let me have my gimped AC and let it be.....but I have no confidence they are done nerfing them yet. I suppose many don't care, but I am weary of it. Enough already. Yeah, I know....part of MMOs...but for some reason I am just getting tired of it. SWTOR has seemed especially egregious in this area.

The fact is I may not at all like the direction the game goes in, and feel irked at somethings already. So, at this point I am on the fence, so to speak. My lack of enthusiasm for the expansion is part of a general feeling of doubt concerning the game right now. I spend much less time playing then I used to. I need to have a better, more clear picture of what is coming. Not just for this expansion, but for the game as a whole.

The money is immaterial. I am simply feeling very uncertain about my own future in the game. So I hang in and hope for the best but have big doubts. Just have to wait and see.

I have mixed fealings about the "press releases"

One thing that made the Rakghoul event go over great is that there wasn't any hype ~ no one was expecting a thing.

If BW had any sense, they would just lie, and give us an "official launch date" that was 2 months after the day they plan to go live. And then watch everyone flip the **** out when they logged in and found that the expac had dropped during what they though was normal weekly maintenance. They'd have to do more inhouse testing, but it's just one planet.

I don't want spoilers in their marketing, and about the only thing left for them to tell us is how many FPs, OPs, WZs are going to be part of RotHC. And whether or not thudercats are going live. I've got enough information to feel comfortable with making the purchase ~ I still havn't yet, but I'm sure I will.

I have mixed fealings about the "press releases"

One thing that made the Rakghoul event go over great is that there wasn't any hype ~ no one was expecting a thing.

If BW had any sense, they would just lie, and give us an "official launch date" that was 2 months after the day they plan to go live. And then watch everyone flip the **** out when they logged in and found that the expac had dropped during what they though was normal weekly maintenance. They'd have to do more inhouse testing, but it's just one planet.

I don't want spoilers in their marketing, and about the only thing left for them to tell us is how many FPs, OPs, WZs are going to be part of RotHC. And whether or not thudercats are going live. I've got enough information to feel comfortable with making the purchase ~ I still havn't yet, but I'm sure I will.

Some people on this forum would STILL complain. I can hear it now, "stupid EAware why are you releasing now, I made plans for the date you said it would be! You lied to us again!"

While i can see the point of some of the people leery of ordering now, the info given was more than most other MMOs do when a planned expansion is first announced. Not having a specific date is not a legitimate complaint, name ONE mmo when it announced an expansion that said exactly when it's coming out, and actually made that deadline. Most say "Coming Fall 20xx, etc"

The need for more information is one I agree with even tho i already preordered, there are many things I'd like included. The information given was enough for me to do it. But i can see how some might want to wait.

Only real "bonus" is 5 days early access, not really that big of a deal. I do also agree that more time should be given, perhaps to Jan 31 to get the 5 days.

It's several months away still, so more info will come, but like anything else that part of it is now a waiting game.