why are all cartel items not venderable

Derrien

I found this in the list of known bugs today, so if this is the case can we please get a list of what is suposed to be venderable and what is not.

(Some Cartel Market items designate that they can be sold when they cannot.)

This will have a huge impact on whether I ever buy another cartel pack again and possible whether I continue my sub, because I refuse to pay real money for something that I have to just destroy or give away to get rid of, probably wouldnt be able to give it away anyhow everyone has so may duplicates its completly rediculos.

no I dont mind spending a few dollars on virtual items. Im not going to dump my life savings into it, but I have played games over the years such as magic online or other free to play models of games. But there was always some type of return on all the items you could buy even if it is just vendering them for 1k credits. This is simply my openion on the matter but I think if we are forced to gamble to try to get these certain items then we should be able to vender the filler items. If I could just purchase the ones I wanted even if it was for a higher price then I wouldnt care that we cant vender them.

I haven't found one item yet myself from the packs you can't vendor or sell. They have bound timers on them but so far that is it. Honestly what is the point of telling everyone you wont buy another cartel pack? If you want a list the just ask people to post items that have been bop.

None of the items are used I have tried vendering the speeders, the armors, the ball tosses, the pets, the weapons, and nothing that has the little cartel shop symbol on it will sell to a vender. Im just trying to figure out if im bugged or if this is how it is suposed to be or what to do because i have this stuff tanking up cargo space and really dont want to destroy it unless I have to and there is no point in listing it on the gtn for less than what it venders for if it can be.

None of the items are used I have tried vendering the speeders, the armors, the ball tosses, the pets, the weapons, and nothing that has the little cartel shop symbol on it will sell to a vender. Im just trying to figure out if im bugged or if this is how it is suposed to be or what to do because i have this stuff tanking up cargo space and really dont want to destroy it unless I have to and there is no point in listing it on the gtn for less than what it venders for if it can be.

If you can't vendor it, why not sell it by "WTS" advertising on General Chat/Trade?

And even if you don't wanna do that, why not just give them away instead of destroying the items?

I have a feeling the OP equipped some items which perma bound them to him.... In order to sell on the GTN you can't equip them or use them, you just have to wait for the timer to end then put them up for sale.

Apparently you can use the glowing eyes and sell them on the GTN. Use does reset the timer, however.

Yes I am NOT talking about trading or selling on gtn, I am talking about selling to just any random vender. None of the items have been used, equiped, bound, or have timers of any kind they have been sitting in my cargo hold sence I opened them the first day of free to play. When I try to sell to vender i get a big red message across screen that says you may not sell (insert item name here) item. Each item shows a price in green that the vender would buy it for but I can not sell them. Edited by Derrien

this is a common feature, ime, of free to pay and cash shop games..... cash shop items can be used or sold to other players or destroyed... but not sold to an npc. why? well whoever is publishing the game has gone to a lot of trouble to introduce gold/credit sinks....why would they render that effort useless by squirting more gold/credits into the game?

caveat emptor