Answer me this Tracer Missle/Grav Round Spammers

il-jumper

yes, a lvl 50 is liying where a lvl 15 no. ok.

and i see snipers-gunslinger above everyone on every BG because we are so broken.... no wait, i se BH-troopers first on 90% BG ok.

second, i dont see ANY post conplaining about the OVERPOWER that snipers-gunslingers are on forum. but i see A LOT OF THEM conplaining about BH-troopers being too OP while being the easiest class on game. so sure.

i only posted my numbers because some people could wana know the real numbers so i wont post again, happy cry :o

im sorry mate but if one lvl 14 with power bost on warfront is doing mroe damage than you get better gear.

i never have said nothing about sniper or gunslinger overpower,they are pretty good.

i only have said that trooper gunnery and snipers/gunslingers are mirror class(not real mirror as BH/trooper but mirror because we have the same skills)so people claiming the one button spam of gunnery are liers or could said the same with snipers,or shadows with clairvoyance etc......

heat seekers with full adrenal etc max is 4500

Not really, i just checked it (demolition round for commando), its crits for 5k+ pretty often and i don't have any pvp gear on my trooper.

I don't really care about pvp, but looks like theres no way, how BW can balance it without hurting our pve damage.

I have yet to see ambush ever do 5k damage, and most of the time it does ZERO.

ZERO, because its physical

What does it being physical have to do with anything? Please, answer me that. Is it because of the DEF rating of other classes? If so, what's your accuracy rating? Do you even stack accuracy? Whats your expertice at? If you go more into detail about it you might not look like you're QQing just for the sake of QQing and maybe...just MAYBE, we can have an informative discussion over this. I know that last part is asking a lot, but hey, I can dream that we're not all 12 year olds here...

As for the people complaining about 5k crits, there's more that goes into it than just OMG he's OP. You have to look at the stat break down of the individual person, not just a class or ability issue. I've been crit for 5k by just about each class out there. Maybe you should be asking these questions instead of screaming "OMG OP OP OP OP!!!!!!"

How much expertice does the person have?

What stats are you stacking? Accuracy? Surge? Power? Crit?

What buffs/stims do they have?

Was there any debuffs on the target?

What relics are they running? Did they activate one prior to casting said ability?

If no one bothers to even look at this before screaming OP and calling for nerfs, all you're going to do is get ALL of us nerfed to all hell. All that will accomplish is killing both PvP and PvE. I'm not saying that everything is fine. Yes, there's probably some abilities that need to have slight tweaks and others slightly buffed, but screaming OP isn't going to help this.

I've been level 50 for about 3 weeks now. Tracer missile is definitely my most used skill, but that's not because it has outrageous damage. The main reason I cast tracer missiles so much is because it's my spec's main enabler.

I need to cast Tracer missile 5 times before I see max benefit (the optimal rotation will not usually consist of 5 TM). It enables HSM, Rail Shot, and Unload, which are actually the big damage dealers IMO.

I do agree that TM is a strong "basic attack" so to speak. However it can't be spammed indefinitely, your heat will build up quickly if you're just spamming it. We also need to take into consideration that in exchange for good damage on TM Mercs do suffer in other areas.

We are one of if not the most immobile class in the game. Because of our reliance on TM as an essential enabler for our real damage, any interrupt of TM is a large setback. Two interrupts in a row will basically cripple a Merc's rotation and put them far behind their opponent. We also have no interrupt of our own in the vein of Distraction.

This means we are much more vulnerable to the DPS rotations of other classes and especially weak against heals. I play an IA as well and it's really easy for me to heal my way through a single BH's rotation.

TL;DR-While I agree BH's cast TM a lot, I don't think it could be nerfed without drastically harming the spec as a whole due to it's critical role as an enabler. I would be fine if they moved the benefit from TM around in some way so that we don't have to cast it a total of 5 times before we see the maximum benefit, but the power level of the class as a whole is perfectly fine and should not be lowered in any way.

What does it being physical have to do with anything? Please, answer me that. Is it because of the DEF rating of other classes? If so, what's your accuracy rating? Do you even stack accuracy? Whats your expertice at? If you go more into detail about it you might not look like you're QQing just for the sake of QQing and maybe...just MAYBE, we can have an informative discussion over this. I know that last part is asking a lot, but hey, I can dream that we're not all 12 year olds here...

As for the people complaining about 5k crits, there's more that goes into it than just OMG he's OP. You have to look at the stat break down of the individual person, not just a class or ability issue. I've been crit for 5k by just about each class out there. Maybe you should be asking these questions instead of screaming "OMG OP OP OP OP!!!!!!"

How much expertice does the person have?

What stats are you stacking? Accuracy? Surge? Power? Crit?

What buffs/stims do they have?

Was there any debuffs on the target?

What relics are they running? Did they activate one prior to casting said ability?

If no one bothers to even look at this before screaming OP and calling for nerfs, all you're going to do is get ALL of us nerfed to all hell. All that will accomplish is killing both PvP and PvE. I'm not saying that everything is fine. Yes, there's probably some abilities that need to have slight tweaks and others slightly buffed, but screaming OP isn't going to help this.

Physical means A LOT. LETS SEE... Armor Mitigates damage, Shield procs can absorb dmg, it can be Deflected and if I am not mistaken it can be dodge. Top that off with pvp gear yeah... Ambush doesn't hit for 5k I'll be lucky to get a 3.5k hit in pvp. But most of the time it's 1-2k if not deflected or absorbed.

Physical means A LOT. LETS SEE... Armor Mitigates damage, Shield procs can absorb dmg, it can be Deflected and if I am not mistaken it can be dodge. Top that off with pvp gear yeah... Ambush doesn't hit for 5k I'll be lucky to get a 3.5k hit in pvp. But most of the time it's 1-2k if not deflected or absorbed.

Alright then...lets break this down.

Armor rating: Reduces damage from kinetic and energy attacks. I take it your phyical is kinetic and what do you know...so is my Tracer Missle. Hmm...TM and Ambush must be getting mitigated by armor. Ok, now that we have this covered. Lets check another stat.

Defense chance. Hmm, on my BH as arsenal I have 5% since I have no tank gear (figures since I"m DPS). So inorder to negate that 5% I need to have some accuracy. What do you know, I have 107.3% Tech accuracy (my missles) and 97.3% for my blaster attacks (ie unload, rail shot, rapid fire, etc). What this tells me is that I have enough accuracy to completely negate 7.3% of someone DEF rating. So if you don't have over that, I really don't think you're going to have a good chance at dodging my missles if you don't have over 7% DEF. Now, lets look at another stat, but offensive this time.

Surge rating. My crit multiplier is at 69%. Again, this number here will affect the size of my crits.

Expertice. Aw yes, the almighty pvp stat. Probably the biggest determination on how much damage you put out and how much you take. Do you have enough?

There's other stats we can go over like crit%, armor pen, power, etc etc etc and all these play a part in the amount of damage you'll put out. Now yes, going against someone with both high DEF and high Expertice is going to limit your damage, but again, what are you doing on your end to negate this? Are you stacking Power or Crit? Are you even stacking accuracy, I mean, pvp gear does have it. Can you talent for it? How much surge do you have? Are you only doing PvP or are you getting some PvE in to help offest some of your stats? If you aren't prioritizing your stats to negate someones defenses then in the end thats your own fault, not the person you're going against.

Again, like I've said before, there's so many more variables at play here than just certain abilities being OP. I'm sorry that Ops/Smugs got nerfed due to the QQ crowd. Most of those people have no clue, and alot of these posts show that, especially with these TM/Grav nerfing threads. Just goes to show, that those who know the least about anything, tend to be the loudest and ruin everything for the rest of us.

You're wasting your time. The OP did not come here to be enlightened on the gameplay/mechanics of BH's. They came to rant.

Only in fairy tales do you make someone change their mind once you've applied logic to the argument.

In real life they will just keep on repeating the same phrase in a progressively louder voice.

So you saying Healing Class doing better dps then a pure dpss class is how it should be.

healing class bg/troopers dont have tracer missle/grav round. or are you one of the chumps that believe that they have a healing tree so no matter what spec they choose their a healer?

You're wasting your time. The OP did not come here to be enlightened on the gameplay/mechanics of BH's. They came to rant.

Only in fairy tales do you make someone change their mind once you've applied logic to the argument.

In real life they will just keep on repeating the same phrase in a progressively louder voice.

This this