Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Fist of the Empire vs the Confederacy

Beniboybling

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Annihilators are a tough thing to make. The Collicoids only made a hundred of them, so I don't see you fielding that many.

Also, the Annihilator is my favorite droid. It's obvious I would take it.

While true, the Colicoids themselves had at least two protecting their own base. I assume they would have some garrisoned elsewhere planet side. And I love them too. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go against them.

I think I topic to be discussed is Kilran's assassination. Guri, Urai Fen, and commando droids would make short work of him. Durge could potentially go after Veers if need by.

In a fleet engagement, I agree that there is no way I can win in a straight up battle. However, stealthed boarding craft filled with Commando droids will be quite effective.

And does Guri get the Stinger? Maul got his ship....

Didnt the stinger one shot an ISD?

Surik didn't get her Inexpugnable, little bigger than the stinger but you get the point :p

Stinger's a little toooooo powerful.

In the same way that Beni didn't allow Cronal's capital ship or G0-T0's yacht.

While true, the Colicoids themselves had at least two protecting their own base. I assume they would have some garrisoned elsewhere planet side. And I love them too. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go against them.

I think I topic to be discussed is Kilran's assassination. Guri, Urai Fen, and commando droids would make short work of him. Durge could potentially go after Veers if need by.

According to Wookieepedia, Kilran defeated a Jedi Strike Team during the Battle of Coruscant. He was also a flashpoint boss, so there's that.

Didnt the stinger one shot an ISD?

Surik didn't get her Inexpugnable, little bigger than the stinger but you get the point :p

Stinger's a little toooooo powerful.

In the same way that Beni didn't allow Cronal's capital ship or G0-T0's yacht.

Yet Maul got a ship that could stealth? And I don't recall anyone asking for the Inexpugnable...

G0-T0 didn't get his yatcht because it is an I win card, and Cronal getting his own Capital ship is insane. No, no, this is a personal craft. Just a powerful one. What assassin doesn't have a personal craft?

The gladiators had a similar role on the opposite side, and they are tougher and faster..... or at least as far as I know.

This is true, however, it should be noted that the Gladiators are a hybrid whereas the Broadside are specialized for it. While it is also true they have missile launchers and could potentially return fire, it is good to note that the Creusader class corvettes have point defense systems that could easily pick those off, allowing it essentially to be a one sided exchange.

Quick quote from the wiki:

Broadside

"The cruiser, despite its poor maneuverability, was useful at firing long range missiles under enemy radar. This would leave the enemy confused with the sudden concentration of missiles bombarding their ships. Many Broadside-class cruisers, placed strategically where enemy radar would not detect them, could easily bring down a sizable fleet with a heavy flurry of concussion missiles, or at least bring down their shields leaving them vulnerable to attack."

Gladiator

"Kuat Drive Yards repurposed the class as a long-range patrol vessel, carrying enough troops, fighters and firepower to subjugate local pirate groups and planetary defense forces in the fringe regions of the galaxy. When the Rebellion began to field heavier naval elements, smaller Imperial ships like the Gladiator-class were outmatched."

It is also good to note that the Gladiator was early on, before its re-purposing, was supposedly almost equal with a Victory I. Though I doubt this claim, it should be noted.

Yet Maul got a ship that could stealth? And I don't recall anyone asking for the Inexpugnable...

G0-T0 didn't get his yatcht because it is an I win card, and Cronal getting his own Capital ship is insane. No, no, this is a personal craft. Just a powerful one. What assassin doesn't have a personal craft?

The Inexpugnable was like a circular SSD....

But yeh, I don't know, up to Beni. However, if Guris ship one shots ISD's, why aren't Personal ISD's allowed? :p

Gladiator

"Kuat Drive Yards repurposed the class as a long-range patrol vessel, carrying enough troops, fighters and firepower to subjugate local pirate groups and planetary defense forces in the fringe regions of the galaxy. When the Rebellion began to field heavier naval elements, smaller Imperial ships like the Gladiator-class were outmatched."

It is also good to note that the Gladiator was early on, before its re-purposing, was supposedly almost equal with a Victory I. Though I doubt this claim, it should be noted.

Interesting. I can guarantee Black Sun has fought these before then, and know how to combat and defeat them.

Sel, you think I should post my whole 2300 word rundown now, or bits and pieces as necessary?

Well, judging by the amount of knowledge everyone had on Surik and Revan, no one even read mine.

So ima say post it in chunks :p

Interesting. I can guarantee Black Sun has fought these before then, and know how to combat and defeat them.

Um, that shows that the cruiser was designed to combat pirate forces, like the stuff in your fleet. Unfortunately, it's an assumption to say that the Black Sun had any success combating them because we (to my knowledge) haven't really seen them in combat against the Gladiator.

Correct me if need be.

I was hoping you would connect that dot. :p

On that note, wouldn't Durge know about the Invincible and give a few notes? Nothing major, perhaps noting its firepower and defensive power. Perhaps pointing out if they could take that ship, they could turn the course of the space battle. *cue many boarding shuttles*

I was hoping you would connect that dot. :p

On that note, wouldn't Durge know about the Invincible and give a few notes? Nothing major, perhaps noting its firepower and defensive power. Perhaps pointing out if they could take that ship, they could turn the course of the space battle. *cue many boarding shuttles*

Has Durge even seen the Invincible? Does he have any experience with it? Does he have any experience with major Separatist vessels?

It should also be noted that Xizor's influence and charisma will undoubtedly persuade smugglers, pirates, and others into the space battle. Not only that, but it is highly likely all of the CIC's are illegally modified.

I think the main tactic in space will be distraction. Use hit and run to blow holes into the Empire's fleet, and then board and take over ships. Rinse and repeat. Guri will likely take to the air as well, to assist and assassinate.

Um, that shows that the cruiser was designed to combat pirate forces, like the stuff in your fleet. Unfortunately, it's an assumption to say that the Black Sun had any success combating them because we (to my knowledge) haven't really seen them in combat against the Gladiator.

Correct me if need be.

If you were referring to the typical pirate vessel, the Interceptor, you would be correct. However, the Broadside and the Gladiator share the same base hull and are quite comparable. Except there are many more Broadsides and they unquestionably have the ranged/artillery advantage.

If they were to use typical pirate tactics that Prince Xizor often made use of, or any of the Black Sun fleet commanders, they would hit and fade if it was a strong opposing force. Normally they only had ships such as Interceptors and corvettes, but with the addition of the Broadside, hit and fade will be taken to a new level.

Good luck, sir. You have a very tough faction form first impressions.

Oh, and Beni, why am is Black Sun on Mustafar? We decided on Nar Shaddaa...

Was in not in the final PM? If not then my reasons where that the Black Sun never had a major presence of major base on Nar Shaddaa that could be pinpointed. However I realise that there are several other places you could base them, if you PM me within the day I can change it to any base on Coruscant or Ralltiir.

P.S. The Stinger was allowed in Warren's faction, in fact if you recall it played an instrumental role in the final scenario. As a personal craft (G0-T0s yacht and Cronal's ship are capital ships) it is allowed.

It should also be noted that Xizor's influence and charisma will undoubtedly persuade smugglers, pirates, and others into the space battle. Not only that, but it is highly likely all of the CIC's are illegally modified.

I think the main tactic in space will be distraction. Use hit and run to blow holes into the Empire's fleet, and then board and take over ships. Rinse and repeat. Guri will likely take to the air as well, to assist and assassinate.

Your ships get to be illegally modified right off the bat?

Was in not in the final PM? If not then my reasons where that the Black Sun never had a major presence of major base on Nar Shaddaa that could be pinpointed. However I realise that there are several other places you could base them, if you PM me within the day I can change it to any base on Coruscant or Ralltiir.

P.S. The Stinger was allowed in Warren's faction, in fact if you recall it played an instrumental role in the final scenario. As a personal craft (G0-T0s yacht and Cronal's ship are capital ships) it is allowed.

I'm fine with Coruscant, and yay! Do I get the Virago?