Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Fist of the Empire vs the Confederacy

Beniboybling

“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 4: The Fist of the Empire vs The Confederacy of Independent Criminals

Welcome to the fourth round of Kaggath Battlegrounds! Where instead of the entire galaxy, combatants will compete in planetary arena, where every soldier, stronghold and ship counts.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. But the Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s go over the ground rules:

• The arena: Tatooine – see the faction rundowns for BOEs.
  • #1 The Kaggath is won or lost when the leader of either faction is killed.
  • #2 No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base or influence.
  • #3 No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • #4 No surrender, fight to the death!
  • #5 Apathy is death. Factions are not allowed to hide or wait. They must act.
  • #6 Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • #7 Factions are autonomous – players have no control over their faction’s decisions, this is instead determined by the nature of their leadership.

Read the full rulebook here.

So, the combatants: crafted from Lord Tyranus’ vision of a new order, Aurbere’s Fist of the Empire has arrived on the desert world of Tatooine to stamp out a festering alliance of crime syndicates that threaten his plans for galactic domination. Themselves a nefarious federation helmed by the legendary Prince Xizor, Canino’s Confederacy seeks to dominate the underworld of Tatooine and use it as a platform to expand their domain into the rest of the galaxy.

Behold the factions!

Fist of the Empire

Base of Operations: Imperial Garrison Base

Leadership

Head of State: Darth Tyranus

Second-in-Command: Asajj Ventress

Allies: Rycus Kilran & General Veers

Supplier: Trade Federation [Cato Neimoidia]

Organisation: Sith Intelligence [Dromund Kaas]

Ground Forces

Major Ground Force: Sith Troopers/Great War era [2,304]

Minor Ground Force: Sith Warriors/Great War era [50]

Light Vehicle: All Terrain Scout Transport/Assault (AT-ST/A)[34]

2nd Light Vehicle: Hailfire-class droid tank [34]

Heavy Vehicle: Scorponek annihilator droid [4]

Naval Forces

Fighter Classes: Mark VI Supremacy-class starfighter

Bomber Class: B28 Extinction-class bombers

Elite Class: Fury-class Imperial Interceptor

Light Capital Ship: Gladiator-class star destroyer [18]

Heavy Capital Ship: Harrower-class dreadnought [20]

Flagship: Invincible [Providence-class carrier/dreadnought]

Naval Officers: Sith Empire

vs

The Confederacy of Independent Criminals

Base of Operations: Jabba’s Palace

Head of State: Prince Xizor

Second in Command: Guri

Allies: Urai Fen & Durge

Supplier: Colicoid Creation Nest [Hypori]

Organisation: Black Sun [Nar Shaddaa]

Minor Ground Force: C-B3 Cortosis Battle Droids [546]

Minor Ground Force: BX-series Droid Commandos [160]

Minor Ground Force: Mark II Droidekas [70]

Light Vehicle: AT-AP [41]

2nd Light Vehicle: F9-TZ Transport [51]

Fighter Class: Rihkxyrk-class assault fighter

Bomber Class: Alpha-3 Nimbus-class V-Wing starfighter

Elite Class: RZ-52 Dekard transport

Light Capital Ship: Interceptor-class frigate [14]

2nd Light Capital Ship: Crusader-class corvette [36]

Heavy Capital Ship: Broadside-class cruiser [36]

Naval Officers: Black Sun

Issuing the challenge Xizor has greedily accepted, only one will leave this world victorious. Can Tyranus’ forces crush this criminal entity underfoot? Or will they succumb to the forces of corruption? It’s the empire vs underworld but who will win? The battle lines have been drawn...

Let the Kaggath begin!

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright folks as many of already guesses the Arbiter of this match will be me!

But before we begin a few important things to note:

• We are, obviously, dealing with Asajj Ventress pre-betrayal.

• According to the 3D model in the Essential Guide to Warfare the Harrower-class has 25 quad turbolaser cannons and 16 light turbolaser cannons which for this Kaggath will not be altered by the tech rule.

• The Invincible is twice the size (2,177 metres) of a standard Providence-class and can therefore be speculated to have twice the armament i.e. 4 heavy ion cannons, 28 quad turbolaser cannons, 68 dual laser cannons, 24 point-defence ion cannons, 204 proton torpedo tubes, 16 tractor beam projectors and 24 flak guns - based on the Invisible Hand. I do understand that the Invisible Hand was modified so these figures are speculative.

• Based on the squad sizes of pirate fighters featured in EaW cross referenced with information from Wookieepedia and using the standard fleet composition for 6 ISD-Is and 12 Acclamator-Is we can estimate the Confederacy fleet to have approx. 2,000 fighters (equally split) and 72 boarding craft.

But without further ado away with the space battle!

Edited by Beniboybling

Hmm, the Broadside seems like a bad choice.

Aurbere's capital ships can easily withstand the blasts that a broadside can dish out long enough to obliterate them. The entire strength of a broadside was sitting at the edge of a battle hidden behind their capital ships, but they cannot do that here seeing as there are no big capital ships...

In a straight up fleet battle, there's no way the CIC can win, so I guess it all comes out to be down to smuggling tactics?

Kilran's probably the only decent tactician here, so there's that.

Also, I find it unfortunate that for Canino, every one of his troops was worked with extensively by Dooku and Ventress (Who I totally want to call Vindicaa now, she's back to the Darth Role :p) and thus pretty disadvantaged....

Also, Fury class OP :p

Aurbere's capital ships can easily withstand the blasts that a broadside can dish out long enough to obliterate them. The entire strength of a broadside was sitting at the edge of a battle hidden behind their capital ships, but they cannot do that here seeing as there are no big capital ships...

In a straight up fleet battle, there's no way the CIC can win, so I guess it all comes out to be down to smuggling tactics?

I had a strong hand in choosing Canino's forces, and a straight up fight was not what I had in mind.

I'll explain later, but to be brief the Confederacy will likely attempt to board and capture enemy vessels to win.

The Broadsides in this case are therefore merely a distraction, and cover fire.

I had a strong hand in choosing Canino's forces, and a straight up fight was not what I had in mind.

I'll explain later, but to be brief the Confederacy will likely attempt to board and capture enemy vessels to win.

The Broadsides in this case are therefore merely a distraction, and cover fire.

Shhh, you're not allowed to be biased this time Beni... Go back to your corner.

:p

Interesting faction, Canino. Let's make a good show of it, shall we?

Good luck, sir. You have a very tough faction from first impressions.

Oh, and Beni, why is Black Sun on Mustafar? We decided on Nar Shaddaa...

Edited by Canino

Good luck, sir. You have a very tough faction form first impressions.

Oh, and Beni, why am is Black Sun on Mustafar? We decided on Nar Shaddaa...

I swear Nar Shadaa is a better fortress world than even Malachor.

Anyway, good luck Canino. I might actually try be more neutral than originally planned here, but I still want Aurbere to win :p

Kilran's probably the only decent tactician here, so there's that.

Also, I find it unfortunate that for Canino, every one of his troops was worked with extensively by Dooku and Ventress (Who I totally want to call Vindicaa now, she's back to the Darth Role :p) and thus pretty disadvantaged....

Also, Fury class OP :p

Well, Ventress may as well be Tyranus' apprentice, so go ahead and call her Vindicaa.

Ya I agree, there is no shot in hell the CIC can win a straight up fleet engagement. They dont have the fighters, they dont have the shields, the armor, the speed or the firepower. Hell just 2 of the Fury-class's (the elite fighter) would be able to take down the Crusader class Corvettes.

Good luck, sir. You have a very tough faction form first impressions.

Oh, and Beni, why am is Black Sun on Mustafar? We decided on Nar Shaddaa...

May the best faction win. That's another way of saying that mine will win.

*Bang* Shots fired! :p

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: NEW RULE ADDED

Before this all kicks off I have a new rule to add to the rulebook:

#119 Each faction will be prequipped by any basic weapons and supplies their supplier and/or organisation can provide e.g. small arms, armor, fighters/transports, elite tech etc. and altogether anything that would be logical to have already armed. What is allowed under this ruling however will ultimately be up to the discretion of the Arbiter.

For a relevant example, many of the Confederacies missile capable units will be equipped with discord missiles.

Edited by Beniboybling

I warn against underestimating the Broadside's. While they indeed were meant for the artillery role, they alone basically equal numbers wise the entire enemy fleet.

While this usually means nothing, it is good to note that due to the extreme range as well as the armaments they can hold, they are a serious threat. What I imagine will happen is that the battle will begin and the Broadsides will take out a few of the Harrower's, perhaps damage the Invincible, and then retreat to hyperspace as pirates love to do.

Continueing to do so with their long range as well as fast support ships such as the corvettes and Interceptors, will make the battle an extremely long one, and the pirates will depend on supply lines to keep their missiles stocked. However, due to the range and speed I believe they will be able to play hit and run well enough to whittle down the opposing fleet.

Do not forget they can all arm themselves with Diamond Boron missiles I think they are called, and that the vessels are very well suited for laying down barrages. Barrages that would likely cause big enough explosions to destroy surrounding star fighters. Should they close the corvettes are numerous enough to completely negate their agility.

Indeed, this is not a head on battle, but a contest of wits.

Of course you have Annihilators.... wonderful. But it's ok. I can smuggle them planetside :D

And yeah, it stinks Dooku knows my troops. But we shall overcome.

Annihilators are a tough thing to make. The Collicoids only made a hundred of them, so I don't see you fielding that many.

Also, the Annihilator is my favorite droid. It's obvious I would take it.

Edited by Aurbere

In a fleet engagement, I agree that there is no way I can win in a straight up battle. However, stealthed boarding craft filled with Commando droids will be quite effective.

And does Guri get the Stinger? Maul got his ship....

I warn against underestimating the Broadside's. While they indeed were meant for the artillery role, they alone basically equal numbers wise the entire enemy fleet.

While this usually means nothing, it is good to note that due to the extreme range as well as the armaments they can hold, they are a serious threat. What I imagine will happen is that the battle will begin and the Broadsides will take out a few of the Harrower's, perhaps damage the Invincible, and then retreat to hyperspace as pirates love to do.

Continueing to do so with their long range as well as fast support ships such as the corvettes and Interceptors, will make the battle an extremely long one, and the pirates will depend on supply lines to keep their missiles stocked. However, due to the range and speed I believe they will be able to play hit and run well enough to whittle down the opposing fleet.

Do not forget they can all arm themselves with Diamond Boron missiles I think they are called, and that the vessels are very well suited for laying down barrages. Barrages that would likely cause big enough explosions to destroy surrounding star fighters. Should they close the corvettes are numerous enough to completely negate their agility.

Considering the CIC has no real tacticians, then Kilran should dominate a contest of wits.

I swear Nar Shadaa is a better fortress world than even Malachor.

Anyway, good luck Canino. I might actually try be more neutral than originally planned here, but I still want Aurbere to win :p

Neutral? But I helped you. :(

The gladiators had a similar role on the opposite side, and they are tougher and faster..... or at least as far as I know.