Which advance class to pick

Quicknesto

I'm having a difficult time deciding which advance class to pick for my smuggler. i already played around with a Sniper which is fun and my friend made a scoundrel which he liked at first but then started to hate about mid game.i do like being a melee attacker but sometimes i want to go guns blazing when needed. so i thought i should ask the public what they think about the two classes. Hopefully it will help me decide which one to pick.

I've just levelled gunslinger to 50 and they seem way, way easier to level compared to scoundrel. I used sharp shooter tree + kept gear up to level. Plus pvp they seem completely awesome, ive gone sab/df hybrid build and its working extremely well so far.

Scoundrel I've found has alot more down time whilst levelling and a bit flimsey at lvl 30. I'm told that at the 36?? mark they really come into their own on the dps trees and I guess there probably isnt so many of them about because of this. Its also really nice been able to respec and dive straight into a flashpoint as healer if I fancy it.

Its down to you! Why not just make both :)