Is anyone sick of dumb rewards?

fantomjchx

Congratulations for being first guy who wrote a crapload of useless and sensleess things in my thread.

And I dont speak just of event , I speak of whole reputation system..not a single reputation gives u some speeder, some good items, or anytthing BESIDE C u s t o m i z a t i o n. People are so cheap nowdays and they are agreeing theb est achivement is customization, oh snap..the world is gone soon

No I would say you clearly captured that honor in your OP.

In fact it reminded me of a great video clip from Billie Madison.

I fail to see how building up reputation and buying ITEMS with CURRENCY to CUSTOMIZE your character is not a real reward

I understand. Im glad we got event reward customization only, im happy for it, I will work for it.

But comeon think for a moment and then respond, ur really actually glad that every SINGLE reputation has same rewards? Its same global reward : CUSTOMIZATION. Thats what people dont see.....they could put atleast in one of the reputation systems some gear rewards. Oh wait it doesnt hav to be gear at all...maybe Vehicle?? Maybe some new stuff? Maybe anything but damn customization..

I agree that the Rep vendors could use more. One of the things taht I looked forward to in WoW (and to a lesser extent LotRO), was that rep got you some nice leveling items, quality starter gear for raiding, in addition to the play stuff (play stuff is everything from custom gear to pets to...whatever).

Of course, Bio had already made some decisions about those options before adding rep (in most games its the reverse...rep is already in game, and they expand on it later on). but they could still use the rep system for that.

Some examples would be generic ilvl56 mods, or perhaps a new remake of ilvl 58 armoring with set bonuses! you grind one fraction for your chest armor, another for your legs, etc. mods could be randomly or evenly spread out amongst the fractions. that way you can collect some nice rakate level mods for your custom gear as well as the custom gear itself.

Ship items is another. or extra bag slots (no clue how to add this, but it would be great) new pets, etc. make the pets based on the planets native populations so people can look at someones pet and go, "ooh...they have top rep with the Voss'ka (or whatever)" they could definitely go beyond.

another kewl idea would be companion custom kits. Imagine a Mako or a Jaesa with Voss glowy eyes in a seers getup...that woudl be fun. there's plenty they could do. on the other hand...this may only be their "initial" offerings to whet the surface, and see the reaction. So it's entirely possible that they may expand on it.

Edited by Elyxin