The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

DweezillKagemand

I love being called uncle :)

pros of commando/merc is easy to handle high damage for PVE.

self heals are lol, yes, but they are there.

I'm not saying mercs/commandos are good for pvp. but. if you don't see pros for a class in pvp, why keep playing it?

it's like 'i love stealth, but I play jugg, so give me stealth'

want interruptable turret class with lots of buttons? go sniper MM

want instant (but short range) abilities? go PT.

Except this is the PVP forum. And if there aren't pros for it in PVP then BW should add some. Asking for your preferred class to not suck in an area of the game you want to play isn't unreasonable and you're a tool for suggesting otherwise.

Also snipers aren't interruptable.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are specific combinations of class/specs that are somewhat less feasible for PvP,

but in reality overall balance of classes is actually much more balanced than most would like to admit.

In addition, the developers did a great job to make each AC more or less in-line with the Star Wars lore.

Play a few more ACs, and you'll see the grass is greener in some aspects for every class. :cool:

I'll give you an example.

Take Commando for instance. Everyone cries they suck in PVP. Really?

I can make 18K of your HP go away in what would seem like 1.5s for you.

You leave me alone, I'm going to blow a hole in you and your team.

But you put a glowstick me? I'm pretty much dead unless another glowstick comes to save my ***.

Sounds very Star Wars to me. You don't like this play style? Go heals or roll another char.

Scrapper scoundrels?

I can cap objectives better than anyone with my tranquilizer dart and flash grenade.

I can devastate an entire team with Fly-by while they try to secure objectives.

I can stun a healer every 30s for 4s.

No I can't beat any glowstick in 1v1 from full health.

But if they are down to 14K HP, they will never survive. I just have to be patient in stealth.

Sounds very Star Wars to me. You don't like this play style? Go heals or roll another char.

Tank Shadow Hybrid with DPS gear?

1v1 champion thanks to high burst for 10s (2000dps) and single target CCs.

Cap-staller / capper

Great "last-mile" ball carrier

Quick finisher using obstacles (fire pits, bridges)

Downside? Very squishy. Dies immediately once CCed or focus fired. (any Tank Shadow Hybrid you find hard to kill are wearing tank gear, in which case, they should not be able to kill you)

Horrible DPS after 10s.

I'll give you an example.

Take Commando for instance. Everyone cries they suck in PVP. Really?

I can make 18K of your HP go away in what would seem like 1.5s for you.

You leave me alone, I'm going to blow a hole in you and your team.

But you put a glowstick me? I'm pretty much dead unless another glowstick comes to save my ***.

Yes they really suck in PVP. What are you doing in anything that seems like 1.5s that is going to take away 18k of my HP? I must have missed that ability. Also pretty much any DPS will blow a hole in your team if they're left alone. Snipers still do it better since it's not enough to notice a sniper is there. You also have to actually get to him.

Scrapper scoundrels?

I can cap objectives better than anyone with my tranquilizer dart and flash grenade.

I can devastate an entire team with Fly-by while they try to secure objectives.

I can stun a healer every 30s for 4s.

No I can't beat any glowstick in 1v1 from full health.

But if they are down to 14K HP, they will never survive. I just have to be patient in stealth.

-Assassins would like to have a word with you on who caps nodes better

-Infiltration Hybrids can stun a healer for 4s every 15

-Who in Star Wars was even known for stealth?

Tank Shadow Hybrid with DPS gear?

1v1 champion thanks to high burst for 10s (2000dps) and single target CCs.

Cap-staller / capper

Great "last-mile" ball carrier

Quick finisher using obstacles (fire pits, bridges)

Downside? Very squishy. Dies immediately once CCed or focus fired. (any Tank Shadow Hybrid you find hard to kill are wearing tank gear, in which case, they should not be able to kill you)

Horrible DPS after 10s.

Horrible DPS after 10s? LOL If anything, depending on exactly which flavor of Tank shadow hybrid we're talking about, their DPS is back loaded. Squishy is also a relative term.

Yes they really suck in PVP. What are you doing in anything that seems like 1.5s that is going to take away 18k of my HP? I must have missed that ability. Also pretty much any DPS will blow a hole in your team if they're left alone. Snipers still do it better since it's not enough to notice a sniper is there. You also have to actually get to him.

if sniper is so great, why not doing one? cause rotation is to hard for pve? my friend has and loves his merc, but he doesn't play him on pvp. why you ask? cause there are better classes to do that

-they have to spec into it, operative has mass mezz

-and fill resolve after 30, plus, your complaint was about tankasins, or we arguing over 31/31/31 again

-if one would be known for stealth, they would be crappy stealthers..

Horrible DPS after 10s? LOL If anything, depending on exactly which flavor of Tank shadow hybrid we're talking about, their DPS is back loaded. Squishy is also a relative term.

tanksin/shadow hybrid only has energy for 12 sec, then it's backfilling with freeattack. unless we talking about 22/17/2, but if full tank hybrid is killing you...

I had merc, deleted at about 45 I think. why? cause I think turret classes suck and are easy to kill. they are good dps, superb dps considering lack of cover mechanics of sniper and lack of having to be in 4 meters for mara/PT... (it means less things to worry about so you can focus on dps). but, it has it draw backs, no class is all flowers and roses.

Sticky grenade (3~4K) > Grav Round (3~4K) > Demolition Round (4~5K) > High Impact Bolt (4~5K)

When timed well, the delay of sticky grenade, grav round and demolition round go off together.

You follow up with the HIB. To the person who takes the damage, it seems like 1 GCD.

This is similar to old Project + Force Breach on Shadows, but to a greater extent.

To be honest, I see snipers and commandos on par from range.

Both get shutdown in melee range as well, so I don't see the difference.

As Sentinel/Shadow/Scoundrel, I have no problem with snipers and usually kill them faster than commandos unless they managed to put an orbital strike on themselves (which I can ignore as Shadow).

As Commando, I don't really seem to lose to snipers, but then again I rarely get into range to be facing off with snipers either.

They are on par. Tranquilizer dart + Flashbang versus Mind Maze + insta-Force Lift.

I do feel more comfortable with 1v1 fights on my Shadow due to resilience, but I don't lose much on my scoundrel either.

Low slash is not a stun. The split second you and your teammates hit, the healer is active again.

The Fallanassi use Force Immersion to achieve invisibility. Have a look! (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fallanassi)

Imperial operatives in the game use invisibility generators I suppose.

Tank Shadow Hybrid usually refers to 23/1/17.

In DPS gear, they are as squishy as sentinels with only force/tech based Guarded by the Force.

27/1/13 or 28/0/13 lose out on insta-force lift, which make them much weaker cappers.

They do have better sustained DPS but pebble throwing can be stopped too easily.