Gearing from Tionese?

Scronic

Hi guys

I’ve only been playing since November and mostly on the PVP circuit. I’m a 30/0/10 Assassin DPS’ing in Darkness with min/maxed DPS WH gear. I also have a set of Survivors WH (armour only). I’ve been getting bored with PVP and starting playing some PVE content and want to improve my game. I’ve successfully tanked all tier 1 HM flashpoints and want to go up to tier 2 and operations but need some advice on what to spend my cash and coms on gearing wise.

If we can just forget about 2.0 for the time being and concentrate on what is.

My current tanking PVE gear is mess, a mix of Tionese, Columi and some WH survivors pieces and 1 x BH piece. I have Rakata implants and earpiece. My relics are WH DPS. My main hand is WH DPS and offhand is Tionese. I have not yet augmented my armour and my HP is 21k.

I have capped EWH tokens so will buy 2 x EWH defence relics. But what should be my next priority Main hand, offhand?

Should I just continue to gear up by completing flashpoints till I acquire a full columi set or where should I spend my credits? I have approx. 5 million.

Thanks for any input.

JC

I wouldn't necessarily worry about any one particular piece. What i would do is hit EV and KP story and hard. Don't know if you have a guild or regular group to run with, but there are always groups forming for these four. They are easily doable in the gear you have. If you have a regualr group it won't be an issue. If you have to pug it then you are likely gonna catch some flak for your gear mix, but if you come into it up front and let them know "Hey, be warned, my gear looks a little wonky but don't worry it's fine for this lower level stuff" then you should have no issues. If you run EV & KP on both modes, between those four runs, you should come out of it with enough gear to be just fine to move up EC & TfB SM which is all rakata drops. After that, you should be pretty well geared to start any real progression grinding.

Just get the tionese/columi pieces needed to get your full PvE 4-piece set bonus as soon as possible. The assassin tank has probably the most useful pve set bonuses of all classes. After that it is really up to you how fast you want to gear up.

which is all rakata drops

Although, I would not really bother much with Rakata armor. It is horribly badly itemized at least for the enhancements. Every single piece of gear in the rakata set has accuracy rating in it, when assassins currently should not use any accuracy rating gear at all. Only rakata implants and shield are good as such. On everything else in the rakata set you need to swap the enhancements to something else.

I would rather skip the rakata and move directly to higher level gear. It does not take long to get enough black hole coms to fill up most of your gear with black hole mods, and prices of crafted gear are dropping rapidly.

Run HM FPs and SM OPS daily, roll on the gear you need, but the primary reason is to get Black Hole commendations for Campaign armoring.

Naturally do the Black Hole and Section X weeklies too.

Once 2.0 hits, BH gear becomes much easier to get, but won't have the set bonus, hence buying the campaign armorings now.