Subscribers, the advantage of paying money?

Scan

Do we as subscribers and supporters of this failing game get priority on login, when we log on will we enter a subscriber queue that has priority or have to sit and wait while F2P bods happily level up alts totally free of charge?

I cannot begin to tell you how much of another clustercluck of poostorm is coming your way if on Thursday i try to log on the tomb of freedon nadd and im greeted with...

... 1881 in queue - wait time 4 hours ...

Mugged off.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we as subscribers and supporters of this failing game get priority on login, when we log on will we enter a subscriber queue that has priority or have to sit and wait while F2P bods happily level up alts totally free of charge?

I cannot begin to tell you how much of another clustercluck of poostorm is coming your way if on Thursday i try to log on the tomb of freedon nadd and im greeted with...

Mugged off.

So, you make sweeping negative comments about the game failing, and do not read the released information about the F2P feature list for subscribers, and you want us to answer you questions?

Read the features page, kay?

Mugged off.

Yes from what I read we do get go at the head of the line when it comes to logging in vs the F2p people.

Scan, I remember some of your posts from the beta forums....

I'm surprised to read a thread of yours that isn't asking for the game to be aimed at the top "hardcore" players.

As for log in, yes subscribers get priority log in.

Will it work? Now that is another question entirely.

Alas i'm busy on Thursday and Friday so will be watching the forums with baited breath to see how well the F2P launch goes and how much rage fills these boards.

Mugged off.

Queue priority is a planned feature for subscribers when F2P hits. Hopefully they have increase the player cap on each server.

Scan, I remember some of your posts from the beta forums....

Yea, i'm back to grab some cartel coins and check out the state of the game.

They get one shot at this, this is the last chance saloon for SW:TOR. From what i have been reading they are going to mess this up too. F2P players limited on action bars and warzones ***?! Who are these people that the devs listen too? It's a crying shame to be honest, they could have made this a HUGE hit.

My point is, server full of F2P bunnies, queues full of paying subs...

Clustercluck goes off.

If you bothered to read any of the released information on F2P, you would have already had your answer and not needed to even post this thread. But since you obviously cannot find it, here is a link for you:

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Edited by jgoldsack

Mugged off.

Its not a failing game at all. So sick of this stupid threads criticising the game. If you feel that way go play something else

Mugged off.

Lolwut?

Maybe you should you know, read before posting stuff that Bioware has already answered many times over?

If the game is 'failing' why are you still playing it? Maybe you should go do something else?

If you bothered to read any of the released information on F2P, you would have already had your answer and not needed to even post this thread. But since you obviously cannot find it, here is a link for you:

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Wow, you know how to read?

I will repeat it just for you, SERVER FULL OF F2P BUNNIES, Login queue full of subscribers...

You get priority over the queueing however if the server is full with free players and the queue has a few hundred subs then you are PAYING to wait while people play for free.

...finally to guy that posted "the game is not dying.." dude, seriously?! The investment plouged into this game should have 3-5 million subs, its gone F2P within its FIRST year, the servers have been merged as many were dead, its people like you that the devs seem to listen to, how's that working out for you BW?

Wow, you know how to read?

I will repeat it just for you, SERVER FULL OF F2P BUNNIES, Login queue full of subscribers...

You get priority over the queueing however if the server is full with free players and the queue has a few hundred subs then you are PAYING to wait while people play for free.

...finally to guy that posted "the game is not dying.." dude, seriously?! The investment plouged into this game should have 3-5 million subs, its gone F2P within its FIRST year, the servers have been merged as many were dead, its people like you that the devs seem to listen to, how's that working out for you BW?

I would rather they listen to people like him, than to people like who who always seem to find the negative side of everything. You are making an issue out of something non-existent. I have yet to experience a queue for this game... EVER and I played since pre-launch.

Even if there is a queue, I would take that as a good sign, that there is still enough interest in the game to cause there to be a queue.

And FYI games do not need to have 3-5 million subs to be a good or successful game. Did Bioware over-hype and underestimate the tolerance of gamers for lack of key features, bugs, and poor performance? Yes they did. But they are also (slowly) correcting it.

You don't have to stay here you know.

You are making an issue out of something non-existent. I have yet to experience a queue for this game... EVER and I played since pre-launch..

wow, just wow, i really can not believe some people...

If you are saying that queues were NOT a problem for this game then you have to be insane. We lost SO many guild members because they quit not wanting to wait up to SIX hours in a queue to play.

Sure you might has rolled on a low pop server, you are one the players that this game has been aimed at, i hope you enjoy whats left of its life, they are not even going to implement F2P correctly.

I am just gob smacked at your comment about queues never being an issue, i just dont knwo what to say...

wow, just wow, i really can not believe some people...

If you are saying that queues were NOT a problem for this game then you have to be insane. We lost SO many guild members because they quit not wanting to wait up to SIX hours in a queue to play.

Sure you might has rolled on a low pop server, you are one the players that this game has been aimed at...

If by 'one of the players that the game is aimed at'.. you mean not a crying little self-entitled ***hat. Then that would be the first and only thing you've said I'd agree with. I'm about positive that if you weren't to return to the game, Scan, nobody.. AND I MEAN NOBODY, would lose any sleep over it.

Yea, i'm back to grab some cartel coins and check out the state of the game.

They get one shot at this, this is the last chance saloon for SW:TOR. From what i have been reading they are going to mess this up too. F2P players limited on action bars and warzones ***?! Who are these people that the devs listen too? It's a crying shame to be honest, they could have made this a HUGE hit.

Looks like you've made up your mind already. Why post this? Why come back? Why not try a positive attitude and enjoy life?

You are making an issue out of something non-existent. I have yet to experience a queue for this game... EVER and I played since pre-launch.

Hehe. Clearly you didn't play in the first month then. I was stuck in a server queue every single day, with my longest wait literally being over 4 hours once. The queues were horrendous, and Scan has a pretty good point:

If the servers are back to being clogged because everyone wants to play on a high-pop server (which if last year's lessons have taught us anything, is EXACTLY what will happen) then subscribers are facing a situation where they are sitting in a queue while F2P gamers are having fun at no cost.

Looks like you've made up your mind already. Why post this? Why come back? Why not try a positive attitude and enjoy life?

I guess i dont like being shafted or talked to in that way, maybe its something inside me...

Fact is PAYING to queue is just going to go down in gaming lore, i find it incredulous that anyone would defend that, i am in a queue now on the proginator server EU - and there are not ANY free players yet either lol...

Do we as subscribers and supporters of this failing game get priority on login, when we...

... i am in a queue now on the proginator server EU - and there are not ANY free players yet either lol...

How do call a game failing and worry about login queues in the same thread?

Hehe. Clearly you didn't play in the first month then. I was stuck in a server queue every single day, with my longest wait literally being over 4 hours once. The queues were horrendous, and Scan has a pretty good point:

If the servers are back to being clogged because everyone wants to play on a high-pop server (which if last year's lessons have taught us anything, is EXACTLY what will happen) then subscribers are facing a situation where they are sitting in a queue while F2P gamers are having fun at no cost.

No I played continually since pre-launch. I don't recall EVER having to wait in a queue... for more than 5 minutes. Usually much much less. I had longer queues in WoW.

I guess i dont like being shafted or talked to in that way, maybe its something inside me...

Fact is PAYING to queue is just going to go down in gaming lore, i find it incredulous that anyone would defend that, i am in a queue now on the proginator server EU - and there are not ANY free players yet either lol...

Status screen shows a 5 minute queue for Progenitor... right this minute.

Stop exaggerating.

Note: one minute later... no queue.

Again.. stop exaggerating.

Edited by Andryah

No I played continually since pre-launch. I don't recall EVER having to wait in a queue... for more than 5 minutes. Usually much much less. I had longer queues in WoW.

Same experience here as well. It depended on your server.

There were however a small number of servers at launch that were overloaded and did have longer queues. Not that many really... and it went away after a few weeks.