Swap out Mods Frequently?

ReeAnt

Hello All, I have an Assassin, Juggernaut, Guardian that I play frequently. Is is worth swapping out mods every few levels or should i wait longer into leveling to swap out. I make my own mods but it seems like I am playing the mini game spending half my time making/swapping out mods! Just looking for others advise on this...

@ OP

Are you not gathering enough scavenging materials when you are out and about? or are you trying to craft blue/purple quality mods? Also you are using general terms like frequently, every few levels and wait longer. It might be better to stick to specific numbers.

For myself i like to craft my armoring and through comms i will buy barrel/hilts, mod, and enhancements. If i have a ton of extra underworld metal i will craft blue quality mods, but if i'm lazy or dont have enough UW metal i just craft green quality armorings. For myself i will craft and upgrade at level 15-19-23-27-31-35-39-43-47.

For my companions i will upgrade their stuff at level 17-21-25-29-33-37-41-45. But i will craft green quality armoring and green quality mods for them. If i have a lot of extra comms i will buy them hilts and barrels whenever i can. The enhancements they get are ripped out of my gear when i upgrade my enhancements. One other thing i like to do for myself and my companion is at level 27 on Tatooine i will go to the specialty item vendor and purchase weapons for credits. The weapons themselves have a level requirement of 28, but the crystal, barrel/hilt, mod and enhancements all have a level 27 requirement. Cost per weapon is about 11000-12000 credits each. So if you think about it, for say a Sith Marauder that likes to use Vette you are looking at 4 weapons total. Thats about 44000-48000 credits max...to upgrade 4 weapons using entirely comms would be 44 comms max. If you and your comp only use 1 moddable weapon each then you are only looking at 24000 credits or the equivalent 22 comms.

• 2 weeks later...

For leveling? You can level in greens/blues that you get as quest rewards. Use planetary comms to buy equipment and mods and try not to have any blue five levels below your character.

If your fights are going quickly, you're fine.