Acquiring PVE set bonus

I'm faced with the dilemma of how to acquire the PVE set bonus I want for my operative healer. And as a pvper this is something that's giving me somewhat of a headache. I haven't done any operations at all, so I'm completly lost when it comes to what's needed and expected.

For the last few days I've been running some 55 HM FP do get some feeling for the state of pve at the moment, and I haven't had any problems keeping people alive and well (with the exeption of when everything goes wrong and not just something). And I always find my self enyoing doing pve as soon as I've an understanding of the mechanics.

These runs have giving me some gear as well so at the moment I've around 950 bonus healing, 30% crit, 75% surge. I know that for Arkanian gear I need to do TFB/S&W. So my first question is this, how difficult are those to heal and is the gear I've enough to pull it off.

And my second question is, where to start? Groupfinder, since I can't say that I've any people intersted in this adventure on the friendlist or guild, the best way?

Will appreciate any and all input.

So my first question is this, how difficult are those to heal and is the gear I've enough to pull it off.

If you know the strats/mechanics, they're remarkably easy. Unless you're running with a Shadow tank, healing SM S&V is going to be cake at your gear level.

And my second question is, where to start?

If you don't have a guild that runs them, your two options are group finder and sitting on the fleet waiting for a pug group for form. You can even try forming one yourself, but I doubt many will join if you don't know the content yourself (so as to be able to explain it to new players).

I'm faced with the dilemma of how to acquire the PVE set bonus I want for my operative healer. And as a pvper this is something that's giving me somewhat of a headache. I haven't done any operations at all, so I'm completly lost when it comes to what's needed and expected.
i don't know if you are aware of it but if you have classic coms then you can buy gear with set bonus on the fleet. As it is the Rakata set bonus it is worse than the Arcanian and can not be combined with Arcanian but is a good starting point. If you have 2 of them (at least the 2 armorings that provide the bonus) this can be useful until you get the Arcanian.

The problem with the Arcanian set bonus is, that even if you run the OP is is not said that you get one token. Actually many people roll for this tokens and therefore you might be lucky or not.

I know that for Arkanian gear I need to do TFB/S&W. So my first question is this, how difficult are those to heal and is the gear I've enough to pull it off.
I think your gear is ok.

And my second question is, where to start? Groupfinder, since I can't say that I've any people intersted in this adventure on the friendlist or guild, the best way?
Queue for the group finder and check the chat channel in the meanwhile. As a heal your chance should be good to find a group in a reasonable time. I would not suggest that you try to find a group yourself as Kitru said. For example it is important to have team speak in OPs. Usually the people that gather the group provide this and in addition the explanation for people new the OPs.

You also might consider to queue and watch out for EC and KP in HM. With the gear level people have now they are really easy and you get good loot (e.g ultimate coms). With a decently geared group you can finish e.g. EC very fast. Actually its not harder than a 55 FP. There I met also people who did TFB/S&W and added them to the friends list. So after some time it gets much easier to find people to form a group, even if you are not in a guild or your guild members are not available.

If you know the strats/mechanics, they're remarkably easy. Unless you're running with a Shadow tank, healing SM S&V is going to be cake at your gear level.

If you don't have a guild that runs them, your two options are group finder and sitting on the fleet waiting for a pug group for form. You can even try forming one yourself, but I doubt many will join if you don't know the content yourself (so as to be able to explain it to new players).

Try any fail tank...that being said, I'd take a good Shadow tank any day over the other 2, because if they're good, they're probably a more skilled player than 2/3s of the Guardians or Vanguards. All 3 tanks are good, but Shadow is quite a bit harder to play because it's all active mitigation...you actually can't be a keyboard turner.